Any baristas (coffee enthusiasts) among us? :-)

Try getting a 49" Panasonic TV in a Renault Clio!!! Luckily it was a reboxed ex display one so one end of the box was empty so we could JUST squeeze it in with the empty end folded over.

Yep, I bought it some times, really not bad coffee.

And I'm here to show my new obsession. I've been frustrated this weekend and looking for Christmas present. And found one that will exactly pass me! :) Coffe maker operated by phone.

imidge-RCM-M1505S-smartphone-white-bg.jpg

It's from here:https://multicooker.com/uk/
I just imagine cold morning and I don't want to go from the bed. I send SMS to my coffee machine "Please make a big cup of coffee!" Beeeeep! All done. ;)

How do you think guys? Is it something "must have" or any other suggestions?

Last edited:
This is my little setup absolutely fantastic with illy beans :)

upload_2016-11-7_7-14-38.png

I just imagine cold morning and I don't want to go from the bed. I send SMS to my coffee machine "Please make a big cup of coffee!" Beeeeep! All done. ;)

Ever heard of the Internet Of Targets?

Yep, I bought it some times, really not bad coffee.

And I'm here to show my new obsession. I've been frustrating this weekend and looking for Christmas present. And found one that will exactly pass me! :) Coffe maker operated by phone.

Call me when you find one that will bring you the coffee too :)

Well just set the krups up which is a doddle!Very nice to use but noticed the crema isnt that thick,could it be the beans I am using?..

I'm here to show my new obsession. I've been frustrating this weekend and looking for Christmas present. And found one that will exactly pass me! :) Coffe maker operated by phone.

I was intrigued by this so I looked at the specs online. Remote operation from a smartphone actually uses Bluetooth to communicate, so you'd need to check whether your bed was in range. It may well not be.

What would be the difference between this and say, a cafetiere / French press? Total noob when it comes to coffee as you can tell!
The bottom half contains a water tank that boils and the steam passes through the coffee grounds. So more like a electric espresso machine as the coffee is made under pressure.

The bottom half contains a water tank that boils and the steam passes through the coffee grounds. So more like a electric espresso machine as the coffee is made under pressure.
Ah okay. So gas hob only then?

What's the brew time generally? Does it generally taste any different?

Any direct heat source works, from a bonfire through a gas hob and an electric ring to a range/Aga type plate.
Depends on the size of the Bialetti. Not very long though.
Tastes like espresso rather than filter coffee.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Not amused! For some reason the coffee is running down the outside of the nozzle on the left side today as if its leaking inside the machine,much like when a hose is fitted to a tap and water runs down the outside of the hose from bad fitting..

Well I had a nice sleepless night!That will teach me to try every possible style of coffee on the new machine all day lol..:LOL:
I won't say, serves you right, Ok so I just did :D

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Not amused! For some reason the coffee is running down the outside of the nozzle on the left side today as if its leaking inside the machine,much like when a hose is fitted to a tap and water runs down the outside of the hose from bad fitting..
Bugger! hope its nothing terminal :(

It's gotta be returned to store for refund or replacement but just seen a nice delonghi on offer at Argos I may get instead lol

Just shows you do not need to spend hundreds of pounds to make a good coffee I have one fantastic creama
Certainly does..but I love a gadget :D
May go for this one http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4147677 as just came back on offer at argos.Looks similar to the one StewartR has but slightly updated version.I think in this price range they are all similar just some have a few more bells and whistles.

Looks similar to the one StewartR has but slightly updated version.
Could be. The guts of it are probably very similar. The specs say you can select how hot the coffee is, which I can't do but would find useful: my wife and I like it at very different temperatures. On the other hand it has an LCD display, which to my mind is at best pointless and at worst something to go wrong and disable an otherwise functional machine. YNMV.

Yeah guess they are similar Stewart..Just ordered it with fast track from argos so can try it out and see what its like.If its not to my liking I will put aside the refund from the krups machine when I take it back tomorrow and see if any decent black friday deals pop up.I was gutted about the krups as it looks stunning but having done some searching online they dont seem the most reliable.Oh well another caffeine fuelled night of experimenting lies ahead...keeps me off the red wine I suppose:D

Ever heard of the Internet Of Targets?

Honestly, nope :oops: :$

I was intrigued by this so I looked at the specs online. Remote operation from a smartphone actually uses Bluetooth to communicate, so you'd need to check whether your bed was in range. It may well not be.

Thanks! That's great that you notified it, I thought it is operated by WiFi.

Well new delonghi arrived just over an hour ago! All set up and have just ran a few different coffees through it. Overall pretty simple to set up but requires few more button presses to set things like temp and water hardness compared to the krups but it's a doddle. Looks wise it looks better in the flesh than online pics but nowhere near the quality of the krups. Nice none the less though. With regards to start up times and brewing seems pretty similar but I would say the delonghi is noisier than the krups but not much in it. Where the delonghi wins hands down is the milk frother which seems far better and easier to control than the krups one which didn't stop instantly but carried on for few seconds causing several spills if you didn't account for it!
Delonghi also has a much larger bin for waste and a front loading water tank which is heaven as mine is tucked away on the angle so filling was a pain with the krups. Only complaint or niggle is same beans taste bitter through the delonghi but didn't on the krups but guessing it's just a matter of tweaking temps and grind and running few more through it. I reduced the temperature and it made big difference so going to adjust the grind tomorrow to slightly coarser see if that helps as well. If I had the krups and this delonghi in front of me I would choose the krups for looks build and simplicity but for actual everyday use it would have to be the delonghi it's really very good! Right time for glass of wine not having another sleepless night due to caffeine overdose lol:beer:

I like the odd cup or ten.

I use a gaggia classic, modded with a rancilio wand and OPV mod and a la cimbali cadet grinder. My go to bean is RAVE signature. They are not far from me, so I go in there every couple of weeks and get some fresh roasted beans.

I also use an Aeropress, bialetti and a drip machine sometimes.

Give the chance for some nice photos too ;-)

I also photographed and filmed the first coffee forum uk grind off event at RAVE coffee a few months ago. Lots of very nice grinders all in one place, and some expensive machines to play with!

Sorry I know I'm quoting a really old post. Rave Coffee are fantastic and my fave and local roasters. But you can do a whole lot better than the blends. They do some great small batch single origin coffees which are amazing.

Aeropress at work
V60 and full brew kit at home!

Costa is to coffee what a camera phone is to photography. Gets the job done but there's so much better out there!

Last edited:
Sorry I know I'm quoting a really old post. Rave Coffee are fantastic and my fave and local roasters. But you can do a whole lot better than the blends. They do some great small batch single origin coffees which are amazing.

Aeropress at work
V60 and full brew kit at home!

Costa is to coffee what a camera phone is to photography. Gets the job done but there's so much better out there!

Horses for courses. I tried most of their singles over the course of a year and always came back to signature. Just my pretend taste, not saying the singles are bad.

!

And yet so many produce better results with the "lesser" hardware. ;)

So......what do the experts think of Pact?

Great way to try exotic coffees or really expensive way to save yourself a trip to Asda?

And yet so many produce better results with the "lesser" hardware. ;)
It was a quick and dirty comparison, not meant to start a debate. You won't get better results with costa regardless of skill level... ;)

It was a quick and dirty comparison, not meant to start a debate. You won't get better results with costa regardless of skill level... ;)

I don't do Costa, and I have a rather nice coffee machine. :p

Just placed an order with rave coffee for some fresh beans!..Also had some samples from 8point9 coffee and they were lovely!

So......what do the experts think of Pact?

Great way to try exotic coffees or really expensive way to save yourself a trip to Asda?

They were all too lightly roasted for my taste, but its not a bad way to try different beans.

Anyone tried cold steeping coffee beans?

Back