Any Guitarists on TP?

You keep guitars in cases :O

Partly to keep them physically safe and partly to protect them from the rise and fall in humidity in the house (I have an Hygrometer) and mostly because I don’t play them enough. I know if they are out in the open I’ll play them more...but I would need more space.

Last edited:
New Guitar Day! 1993 Gibson SG Standard. It has an Amber 59 pickup in the bridge I might have changed for an SH5. I will like put some covers on the pups too, since I prefer that look on an SG.

You going to put that through a JCM800? Please say yes.

I have Guitars

1. 2012 Fender Telecaster in Lake Placed blue
AdWLYpE.jpg

2. 1952 ( re-issued) Fender Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde

nMFrH6A.jpg

3 & 4 Fender Stratocaster ( Stevie Ray Vaughn pick ups) and my Epiphone Les Paul custom
HDwyA7t.jpg

5. My bell brass dobro tuned in open A

XwnPRUp.jpg

I have several Amps too :) :)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockabilly and jazz guitarist. I also play mandolin, banjo and ukulele. Live sound engineer too.

Steve.

I have Guitars

1. 2012 Fender Telecaster in Lake Placed blue
AdWLYpE.jpg

2. 1952 Fender Telecaster in Butterscotch Blonde

nMFrH6A.jpg

3 & 4 Fender Stratocaster ( Stevie Ray Vaughn pick ups) and my Epiphone Les Paul custom
HDwyA7t.jpg

5. My bell brass dobro tuned in open A

XwnPRUp.jpg

I have several Amps too :) :)

Les

What does the 52 Tele look like now? It can't look like that after 70 years!

Its the re-issued 52 Tele - its now around 8 years in my possession :) bought from Andertons for around £1,500 an original 52 would be very expensive

Its in my back room in a case- I don't use it a lot for gigs etc :) much prefer the telecasters

I'm trying hard to be a guitarist and have been for a few years. I have no discernible talent but I'm too stubborn to give up. Currently getting to grips with barre chords and struggling to make anything musical. I think lessons will be required in the autumn.

My collection consists of:
Epiphone LP Custom, black
PRS Custom 24 SE, Trampas Green
Faith Saturn acoustic

All southpaw versions.

Chris

New Guitar Day! 1993 Gibson SG Standard. It has an Amber 59 pickup in the bridge I might have changed for an SH5. I will like put some covers on the pups too, since I prefer that look on an SG.

Am I the only one to feel slightly unnerved by this picture? I can see some unplanned relic work taking place as the lovely SG slips slightly and makes its own way down the stairs.

I have mine on a wall bracket or a stand - I'm very wary of making sure not to kick the stand over, I want to avoid that rite of passage!

Chris

I have mine on a wall bracket or a stand - I'm very wary of making sure not to kick the stand over, I want to avoid that rite of passage!

Chris

I can be quite clumsy, everything are out of the way, just in case, cameras in pelican cases. Even pedals are in a case.

All of my guitars have a hard case. Except the acoustic one ( not pictured ) it's an Epiphone master built :)

Am I the only one to feel slightly unnerved by this picture? I can see some unplanned relic work taking place as the lovely SG slips slightly and makes its own way down the stairs.

I drop kicked the neck joint just after this was taken.

I'm trying hard to be a guitarist and have been for a few years. I have no discernible talent but I'm too stubborn to give up. Currently getting to grips with barre chords and struggling to make anything musical. I think lessons will be required in the autumn.

My collection consists of:
Epiphone LP Custom, black
PRS Custom 24 SE, Trampas Green
Faith Saturn acoustic

All southpaw versions.

Chris

A lovely collection of guitars.

We have a lot of Southpaws in this thread. Surprised there has not been any hand racism thrown at us. #timeshavechanged

Apart from a lack of choice when visiting guitar shops (understandable), I've never felt my southpaw tendencies to be a problem - but it is so frustrating to walk into a shop and see row upon row of lovely shiny guitars and seeing just one dusty lefty in a corner.

Chris

Here's my all time fave Amp ( I have several) 1978 Fender Blues Deluxe in tweed ( rather dirty now :) my go to amp for Gigs) and my home made pedal board

7vNEER9.jpg

And my 2013 Fender Blues Junior in Paisley Black ( very rare) :) used at home and small venues like pubs etc

1D4vJU8.jpg

ai5KsA2.jpg

Last of all the old faithful Marshall JCM 2000 with my 52 re-issued Telecaster

ACmyST2.jpg

Les :)

Back