Any knife/weapons collectors on here?

That's a jolly nice rifle!

I've got a leatherman wave and a CKRT of some description from when I used to shoot regularly... Kept my HW80K, AAS410 went though.

Would love to apply for FAC but I'm still at home with my parents and they don't want a rifle cabinet.

This should provide some amusement:

Jolly nice to shoot as well lol. Took some getting used to.

Had a lovely Alan Wood 4" Knife a few years ago but had it nicked :(

I've nothing special these days but find the old trusty Opinel blades sharpen as well as ever.

Had a lovely Alan Wood 4" Knife a few years ago but had it nicked :(

I've nothing special these days but find the old trusty Opinel blades sharpen as well as ever.
A few of my mates have the opinel knives and for the money they are very good and hold an edge really well.

I have the usual lock knife for hunting, but am not a fan of knives, and I've never been a collector of anything - but I do have a Martini Henry rifle, complete with bayonet from the Zulu Wars as a wall hanger.
This makes a nice display piece and is completely legal as, in theory anyway, ammo isn't available for it.

Can't beat a good ol' Leatherman. I still have one my dad bought me in the early 90's and it can still slice through inch thick rope in one go.

My leatherman got lost,about 3 years later I was digging a flower bed up when it resurfaced,washed it under the tap and it's like new.

I have an old Baikal over under shotgun as I used to go pigeon shooting .
I had one of those a few years ago, a very nice shotgun IMO.
I actually regret replacing it, and wouldn't mind another if I'm honest.

I have to agree it is a nice shotgun it does everything I ask of it and I don't mind too much if I knock it.
And thats my point too, as I mostly rough shoot / pigeon shoot, so that is also a large consideration ;)

Looking good Stu :)

Postman came late but at least he had my little Boker knife! Dinky but very sharp and comfortable

untitled-0138 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

mono shot

untitled-0141 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

and quick snap of the gerber gator jnr machete,decent bit of kit for the price

untitled-0130 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

Nice set, but I'm afraid to say I need that machete in my life...take my money! lol. Would make carving the Christmas turkey all the more enjoyable...

OK I have always had a hankering for a Knife similar or the same as the one Crocodile Dundee has when he says to the mugger - Thats not a knife.......This is a knife.....Dont know why just looks like a great bit of kit....Also the Machete that the Indian fella has in the film predator the scene where he makes a stand against the alien on the felled tree across the ravine and he cuts himself across the chest with it - in a tribal worrier like manor. Think it has a black handle, maybe a military knife?

Thing is though Knives scare me.........a little....

Last edited:
Lol.. Go for it.. Cheaper than new lenses or photography gear.

Here's one of my favourite blades (as seen by the abuse its taken):

9118-1415917583-cfb3657f73c46a7f1a3b6d81a118c785.jpg

Last edited:
if anybody wants to buy me this kitchen knife for xmas, i will be very thankful.

In thirty years, I have only purchased three cars (out of about thirty) more expensive than that.
Mind you, I used my Sekiryu knife today, for the first time in ages and it was wonderful - £19.99 from TKMaxx.
I have had the knife for three years and it cuts so sweetly, hardly any noise or resistance.

Here is my question.

The Japanese make a great amount of fuss about folded steel, and I have seen the results and I am very impressed.
However, most of these images seem to be of hunting knives - what on earth do you use them for - do you regularly skin deer, wolves and bears?

I have good boning and filleting knives, because I buy legs of lamb and catch fresh fish, so with the latter I have to have an extremely thin, sharp and flexible blade. The truth is that something like this can be purchased online for about £20, and will be the same quality as people use in fish markets all over the World.

I am in the building trade and like to have a decent knife on me all the time..not just the stanley in the tool bag! I also have started fishing recently and good knife is such a handy addition to kit.

- what on earth do you use them for - do you regularly skin deer, wolves and bears? .
You've never been to Milton Keynes have you,
a lot of the out lying area's are still pretty wild :D

(Mind you so is Central MK on a week-end :D)

Just to update an old thread got this arriving tomorrow..stunning cold steel espada knife..not cheap but had to be done.

This on the other hand was cheap..lol.Its also UK legal being under 3 inches and non locking.

..and this is a little spyderco tenacious I got a while back.

I've got quite a few "bushcraft" type knives. I'm not really a fan of the plastic gripped modern looking styles, I go for your standard wooden scale type. I've got a nice handmade Finnish knife and a Helle symphoni, plus a couple of other random ones.. I also have just bought an opinel folding knife and a British army machete, which is actually pretty shocking badly built. So I ordered a Tramontina machete instead last night. Also have my trusty gerber multi tool which came around Europe with me on tour and also a buck folding knife and a Swiss army knife

Looking at getting a Gransfors brux small forest axe too, but haven't decided yet.

Sorry guys, rule reminder:
What can you trade on TP? Mostly anything, but we prefer photography equipment. Definite no-no's include : OEM or Student Software, Non-Apple equipment with OSX installed, knives, guns, animals, people, countries or Hugh Jackman. This list isn't exhaustive though.

Also, no trading in OOF.

Looking at getting a Gransfors brux small forest axe too, but haven't decided yet.

Superb axe in my limited experience, sharp and beautifully balanced compared to the junk you can buy off the high street. Sometimes I wish I had the larger Scandinavian Forest Axe but still very impressed with the small forest axe. Superb for kindling.

View attachment 31790

Does anyone have an opinion on Gerber Paraframe knives? I was looking into the Paraframe 1 without serrations as a larger knife for the toolbox.
Any other recommendation for a small relatively cheap folding knife would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
No new knives for me yet but im still using my trusty old skinning knife. I really have to order a new one though because mine has seen better days and the wooden handle is stained dark brown from dried blood.

I've ordered another rifle, a Remington m700 chambered in .243. It's not such a big of a monster as my .338 but that's the point. My .338 just does too much damage and basically useless against any animals in the UK. The .243 will do just nicely without ruining any hides and my boss is sick of me robbing his one.

Not going to get it for a few months though as I'm having it built up in the States to how I want it.

Last edited:
Back