Any knife/weapons collectors on here?

Does anyone have an opinion on Gerber Paraframe knives? I was looking into the Paraframe 1 without serrations as a larger knife for the toolbox.
Any other recommendation for a small relatively cheap folding knife would be much appreciated!
spyderco tenacious is a great knife for the money.

Myself and father have a joint collection of Sheffield made Bowie knives, I personally think the Sheffield bowie design is of the most pleasing large knife designs around.
We dont collect uber modern made knives unless they are from a very small maker, and there for rare. (photos later)

I have a few knives, this is my favourite.

IMG_0550.jpg

Does anyone have an opinion on Gerber Paraframe knives? I was looking into the Paraframe 1 without serrations as a larger knife for the toolbox.
Any other recommendation for a small relatively cheap folding knife would be much appreciated!

I'm not really a Gerber fan, but they're probably about as good as anything else at this price point. Take a look at the CRKT Drifter too.

Very disappointed with my tramontina machete from Heinnie.

Has a big deformation on the tip, the blade is scratched to buggery (yes I know it will get like that anyway) and it feels like it's made out of plastic.
What does it take to get a decent machete now adays?

contact them mate if your not happy..they are fantastic company and will replace or refund if needs be.

It seems to cut well enough, just tried it in the garden.. It's going to get used, so will end up getting damaged anyhow..

Just like new things to look new!

Very disappointed with my tramontina machete from Heinnie.

Has a big deformation on the tip, the blade is scratched to buggery (yes I know it will get like that anyway) and it feels like it's made out of plastic.
What does it take to get a decent machete now adays?
maybe you should up your budget for under £20 you wont get much...i would recommend Gerber gator if you want cheap half decent machete.

Thank you for draining my wallet:D Just ordered this little beaut! Will be great to carry around in my pocket for field dressing rather than lugging about my big 6inch non foldable jobby.

http://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-schempp-bowie
Contemplated that one myself..stunning knife and if you subscribe to their youtube they do a brief overview of it today or yesterday?

Last edited:
Contemplated that one myself..atunning knife and if you subscribe to their youtube they do a brief overview of it today or yesterday?
Not seen that one, watched a few other reviews though. It's mainly the handle that attracted me to it. The carbon fiber against the brass looked amazing in the videos. Hopefully the blade can cope with daily use and hitting bones, ect. I need something quality for work so it lasts and cuts the hides nicely.

Couple of new opinels..fantastic value knives! Came pretty sharp but after few strokes on the sharpening sticks and a strop they are razor sharp.

Couple of new opinels..fantastic value knives! Came pretty sharp but after few strokes on the sharpening sticks and a strop they are razor sharp.

Hi,

I've always liked Opinel knives... classic design, simple and very sharp out of the box.

Myself I have a Spyderco Rescue and a Benchmade seatbelt cutter for my job, a fine-edge Gerber LMF II for wild-camping and a little Swiss Army Knife for the glovebox of my car. I used to have a Leatherman Wave which got stolen at work and I have a Spyderco 'UK Legal Carry' pocket knife somewhere about the house too - I bought this on a whim and it stays in the house... Whilst 'legal', I feel it's too likely to cause alarm in a public place so if I feel the need to have a bladed article 'out and about', I go for a little 2-bladed red-handled Swiss Army Knife.

I'm not one for menacing-looking carbon-fibre paramilitary stealthy kind of knives and much prefer the classical designs. One of my favourites is the Finnish Puuko - the simple design, natural handle and easily sharpened bladed make me think of it as an heirloom knife - I can imagine some wrinkly old Finnish fisherman guy using one which he would have had from his fisherman father and so on.

Sam

EDIT: Puuko something like this one...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUCYbHsWcQ

Last edited:
I have to admit my favourites are the enzo pk70 uk legal and now the opinel no9..I also have a ukpk spyderco which tbh is always in my pocket

I have a Mora Quicksnap like this which I bought from Nordic Outdoor some years ago and has put up with my rather occasional demands on it admirably. I didn't think I had much of a 'thing' for knives but then I watched the video below and now I'd rather like one of his Resolute knives. There are some other very interesting videos on his channel, for a given value of interesting (e.g. if you find extended testing of heat treatment effects on different grades of steel interesting).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQUxFFON5Lo

To update, it's taken me a while to get round to it, but I've just ordered a CRKT M16 folding tanto. For £33 posted it's a little more than the Gerber Paraframe I was originally considering but not too pricey for occasional use.

I blame you for this StuartH, you posted Heinne Haynes address and I just had to go look!

boep1.jpg

boep2.jpg

boe1.jpg

boe2.jpg

boe3.jpg

Well picked up a copy of little Mora's but i'm most excited about using my shiny new Work Sharp WSKTS-I, nice bit of kit apparently. Heading to the US very soon and hope to pick up some more exotic steel (suitcase full lol), even Walmart prices are ridiculously cheap compared with UK prices.

View attachment 39929 View attachment 39930

My latest addition! Always fancied trying a karambit out.Nearly sliced my wrist open trying to flip and spin it!:eek:

Hi Stuart
I really enjoyed reading through this thread & your collection of knives is very imprecise (some nice images also).
Do you have any of the whole collection as it is now?
Thanks

Hi Stuart
I really enjoyed reading through this thread & your collection of knives is very imprecise (some nice images also).
Do you have any of the whole collection as it is now?
Thanks
Thanks Paul glad you enjoyed the thread..I will get a pic of all my knives in a week or so as got couple arriving next week sometime.

Think you may have to get the wide angle lens out to get them all in. lol

30 is a very good collection.
Do you have them on display or are they kept away from prying eyes.

Cheers no not on display at all although wouldnt mind getting a nice display cabinet for some of the nicer ones that I rarely use.

Back