anyone getting a ps3?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
any of you lovely people getting one of these? im still undecided!

for the xbox360 fanbois about to leap on the ps3, a survey on another forum has a poll, 400ish users have an original 360, 378ish are on to number2, 75 on to no 3 and more on to no 4, which could be taken as over half of xpox sales are replacements...:thinking:

any of you lovely people getting one of these? im still undecided!

for the xbox360 fanbois about to leap on the ps3, a survey on another forum has a poll, 400ish users have an original 360, 378ish are on to number2, 75 on to no 3 and more on to no 4, which could be taken as over half of xpox sales are replacements...:thinking:

Matty the Sony Fanboi ;)

You should read some of the stories about PS3 failures mate ;) they are just as unreliable allegedly !

Im still undecided on XB360 Elite version or PS3 but the price of the PS3 is really making my wallet hurt so i dont think ill be looking that way !

back that up with linkage xpox lover....

not me, way to expensive, dont care if they do have a blueray drive.

I'm a wiiiiiiiiiiii man.

Not worth getting until GT5 is out next year, and by that time they will have dropped in price to under £300

Everything else worth getting (GTA4 etc) I will get on the 360 anyway.

I do want a bluray drive though, but standalones are dropping in price as well.

Got a 360, had it since launch no probs!

the failure rate is well below industry standard rate which is less than 3-5% given the number of consoles that is very good. But of course you never get people complaining in forums that their 360 is working fine!

I for one won't be buying a PS3 yet, may get one in the future (1yr+) mainly because other than Formula 1 game there really aren't any titles that i want to play.

Very few games these days are exclusive to one console and most of the non-exclusive ones on PS3 are sequels ie this game 25 or that game 10...

I have the HD DVD addon for the 360 which is awesome so not in any need/rush to get Bluray, and partly think bluray sales are falsified due to counting PS3 sales in the mix as well. Attatch rates of games and films matter more than console sales and hd out does bluray by nearly 5 to 1 in this area.

I think the 360 is a gaming machine first and a 'media hub' second, exactly what a Games console should be, the PS3 seems to be the other way round.

The technology is certainly impressive but i don't think it is vastly better than what the 360 can offer but only time will tell, I think easier development on 360 and lack of bandwidth problems on the PS3 will be interesting.

One thing would be nice is if Sony one day actually delivered what they say they will, a company in as much trouble as them should not lie to its consumers, its not smart.

Oh and don;t bother pre-ordering a PS3 you may as well just go buy one of the shelf demand is that low...

220000 units in the country, no idea how many are preordered, i wouldnt say demand is low, demand initially will be high, then drop off, i think enough stock to allow to go and buy one on launch is great, though i dont think they will be that widely available

give it a few weeks to see the impact of ps3 sales on bluray disk sales, in the US bluray sales increased hugely, how much of that is due to promotions is unclear. UK bd sales are very low currently, but as the players are so expensive its not really a surprise. I think a dual format future is the way forward

Without wanting to turn this into a BR/HDDVD thread, I bought the 360 HDDVD addon and I am now finding it incredibly difficult to buy anything decent on that format.

With the majority of the film studios backing BR, I have given up and I'm selling my addon. I'll wait until the standalone BR players come in at under £400 and then buy one of those instead while I wait for GT5 to be released

I won't be getting one.

The UK version will be a lesser model to what is sold in the US and Japan,
And at a higher premium.

Not only have we had to wait significantly longer than the rest of the planet for the PS3 launch but we’ll be paying a lot more too. Even worse, gamers in the UK will be paying more than those in other European nations. And now, if that wasn’t enough crap to swallow, Sony has announced that the PS3 will be unable to play as many older PS2 games as the PS3s launched in the US and Japan. Why? In a cost-cutting effort, the PS2 chip has been removed and emulation software will take over the job of backwards compatibility. We covered the original news that said the PS3 would have some problems with older games but this will be a lot, lot worse.

220,000 units and you can buy one in a shop on launch day to me that means demand is very low!! Thats not having enough stock thats not having enough buyers!

360 had more numbers at launch and for months afterwards you couldn't buy one off a shelf cos all stock was still filling pre-orders, that's high demand.

There are lots of films due for release this year and next it will take time on both formats for older films to become available as DVD is obviously still more popular and more profitable but as with any new technology they will appear, play.com and HMV have good selections already with IIRC hundreds due for release this year inc Matrix Trilogy one i can't wait to get.

Ultimately as we know always happens it will end up with dual format players so people will get the best of both worlds, LG already have a dual format player available so give it 12months and they will be everywhere and much cheaper.

I won't be getting one.

The UK version will be a lesser model to what is sold in the US and Japan,
And at a higher premium.

Who cares buy a PS2 for £50 2nd hand and play them, or play them on the PS2 you already must own to have bought the games in the first place, I am sure by the time you have a PS3 you won't want to play your PS2 games.....mind you given the titles on the PS3 i wouldn't bin the PS2 just yet :)

I can't play my xbox games on the 360 cos they can't even closely compare to the 360 hi def games,, much more fun just playing the new games.

i went Wii instead. much more fun :D

never had a console, don't see me getting this either :|

Now now Matty
Don't make this into a PS3 v Xbox thread. :nono:

We know you have Sony in your blood.;)

Like Dod .. Never had one ... never intend on getting one.

I'll stick with my trusty PC and upgrade it every 3-4 years.

i love my sony stuff

and i love my MS stuff! IE kicks firefox butt!!

Was going to get one but at £425 .. NFW .... Takes too much money out of my 1DMk3 fund.

I'll now wait. Oh, the only reason I wanted on is for Motor Overlord or what ever it's called, looks brilliant!!

Carl.

I was thinking about selling my ps2 slimline and the games, love it but never use it.. could probably count how many times it´s been used since brand new. doh.

Photos from the PS3 launch event ;) The thing that a hell of a lot of people seem to forget about these things is why even buy a box? You buy it to play games. Launch titles are rarely AAA games and it does take about 6 months for a nice catalogue to build up. The 360 has a really good selection now and at half the price of the PS3. The Wii is still building. The PS3, for me, just doesn't have the launch titles or any other titles I want for a least a year. I want MGS4 and maybe the next-gen Final Fantasy. There are rumors about MGS4 appearing on the 360 at some point, just as MGS2 did on the Xbox. There are now very early rumors about Final Fantasy potentially not being a Sony exclusive. In the past couple of weeks Devil May Cry 4 and Ace Combat have both got 360 versions in the work. GTA4 will be on the 360 too.

For now, no decent games and way to high a price. The launch will be interesting. An Irish bookies are saying it'll sell out in 60 seconds. Thats just nuts.

Fair do's on the launch figures i was getting mistaken with the Europe figure of over 300,000 units. Still was the fastest selling non handheld in the UK ever. Plus i will believe Sony's launch figures when they actually ship, they are notorious for the porky pies..

Ps3 or New Lens ?
Ps3 or New Lens ?
Ps3 or New Lens ?

What's a Ps3

New Lens

Just read an article on the beeb news site about the PS3 sales in London. The first 100 buyers at the Virgin Megastore got a free £2,500 HDTV to use their new toy on. :eek:

Worth getting the console and then selling it straight away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/technology/6482789.stm

I guess it was that or news of terrible PS3 sales ;)

There were just over 100 people in the queue - a far cry from the long line which snaked around the block at last December's Wii launch.

Still I gotta give it to them. That 100 or so group of dedicated fans have waited patiently since the console launched last year in US & Japan. Despite us Europeans getting screwed on the launch date, the backwards compatability and the launch titles not being AAA I do feel that they got a nice reward. Annoyingly we'll never hear the end of it ;) "Did you get a free 46'' TV with your 360? No? Aw."

it was a bit of a surpprise, perhaps the money spent on the tv's would have been better spent knocking a few quid off the price!

any figures knocking about yet?

on shelves is good, the quicker sony realise £425 ia a bit too much the quicker the price will come down, then im buying

Lower price, decent games. Successful console. Its not rocket science.

Apparently this really happened too ;)

At 10 pm, a majority of smiling journalists received on their mobile phones a written message wishing them a good evening from “Team Xbox”. Later, a large illuminated and trumpeting boat passed by with Xbox 360 logos all over. Microsoft became the instantaneous uninvited star of the evening.

you sony haters...shame on you.

i saw MS paid for a 4 page center pull out in the sun today, are they getting a little worried that the £400+ behemoth might actually be any good? user reviews are all good, dvd playback and bd playback are excellent, now if £75 falls off the price...

you sony haters...shame on you.

i saw MS paid for a 4 page center pull out in the sun today, are they getting a little worried that the £400+ behemoth might actually be any good? user reviews are all good, dvd playback and bd playback are excellent, now if £75 falls off the price...

Needs to be more than 75 quid off mate, im not a Sony hater at all, but this price is ridiculously high ! especially as there doesnt seem much for it at the moment ! Sub 300 quid and i would consider one ! It wouldnt be so bad but everywhere else pays less than us and we havent even got the same hardware in the ones we get !

tis true, we always get screwed.

PS2 was £299 on launch, and so was the original ps, i think £350 would have been the right price for what you get with this

The price of the PS3 (or the X360) + a HD TV rules it out for me. Maybe when my 32" widescreen CRT TV blows up ... until then the PS2 & Wii will keep the kids happy :)

I'm normally what the marketing men call an "early adopter". I had a PS2 on the launch date, I had a PSP very early on, I got a wii before Christmas. For some reason the PS3 doesn't rock my boat? Maybe it's because I've realised I've got a load of gaming hardware lying around that rarely gets used because I'm 36 year old man not a 13 year old boy!

Dunno about the PS3 but i have seen a couple of 360's running on standard TV's and the games still look surprisingly good, better than i thought they would.

Back