Anyone have any knowledge of cPanel and WHUK?

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just brought a domain name and hosting, have used the embedded site publisher (just to create holding page) but zero, nothing, displayed at the web address.
I also set up email, and connects can send emails, which are received, but nothing received back.

Just brought a domain name and hosting, have used the embedded site publisher (just to create holding page) but zero, nothing, displayed at the web address.
I also set up email, and connects can send emails, which are received, but nothing received back.
How long ago was "just" DNS etc needs to propagate, can take up to 24hrs, usually faster but not instant.....

If there is a "real" url to your site other than the bought domain try to see if that shows the holding page ok.

E.g. if on the old bt hosting for an example a direct address would be along the lines of home.btconnect.com/nameofyourbtaccount

Might also be better getting this moved to the computer section.....

I've used WHUK to set up many websites on a linux setup with cPanel. I've always found their online chat really helpful, so why not take it up with them? I used to develop sites using Joomla.

Thank you for you time to respond.

How long ago was "just" DNS etc needs to propagate, can take up to 24hrs, usually faster but not instant.....

I purchased it at the weekend, so have waited to see if it was just a DNS issues but still not avaialable 'DNS error (the host name of the page you are looking for does not exist)'.

Their own kb seems to address this possibly:

How to Enable/Disable Temporary URL in cPanel WHM | WHUK FAQ & Knowledgebase
https://www.webhosting.uk.com/kb/how-to-enabledisable-temporary-url-in-cpanel-whm/

Hmm they appear to try not to let you link directly to a kb article, manually put the above address in or Google whuk direct url and this was the 3rd one listed...
Hth.
Okay, thank you.

I've used WHUK to set up many websites on a linux setup with cPanel. I've always found their online chat really helpful, so why not take it up with them? I used to develop sites using Joomla.

I will, I was just looking to see if it was a simple error on my part first but thank you.

I used both their online chat and phone help over the years and although sometimes a little hard to understand on the phone, they were always really helpful. Way better than a previous company I used. Good luck!

Back