Anyone used E-infinity ?

I’m quite excited at the possibility of getting a new eos r and a 24-105 for less than 2k. Given the body alone is 2300 in the UK.

They posted the photo of the item but no idea if its been shipped

They will send you a second mail with the photo of the gear you are buying again as well as the tracking details. Delivery is usually within 3 days or so.

The lens turned up an hour ago. Since then i have been trying to get the rear lens cap off so i can test it. Weirdly after using everything i can think of to get it off it doesnt want to move. Email on its way to Einfinity

The lens turned up an hour ago. Since then i have been trying to get the rear lens cap off so i can test it. Weirdly after using everything i can think of to get it off it doesnt want to move. Email on its way to Einfinity

Might have been sat in a freezing cold warehouse for the night, might budge when it warms up.

This is what im currently trying to get it off

Attachments

• 20190413_092959.jpg
    20190413_092959.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 137
Shocking! I would chase them after a week.

After the first week, I pestered them every day, but after the first month of waiting, they issued me with a loan lens as a gesture of good will. Once they finally got my repaired lens back, the assistant at Wex was really surprised that management authorised the repair as it was a little over £300 and the lens itself only cost £440 used, he honestly thought that they were just going to write it off and give me a replacement. Credit to Wex tho for sorting it all out

Eos R with 24/105 RF Delivered yesterday by dhl. Absolutely immaculate, new.

One extremely happy customer.

After the first week, I pestered them every day, but after the first month of waiting, they issued me with a loan lens as a gesture of good will. Once they finally got my repaired lens back, the assistant at Wex was really surprised that management authorised the repair as it was a little over £300 and the lens itself only cost £440 used, he honestly thought that they were just going to write it off and give me a replacement. Credit to Wex tho for sorting it all out

I don't know how long ago this was but WEX and Fixation are now the same company. :)

Eos R with 24/105 RF Delivered yesterday by dhl. Absolutely immaculate, new.

One extremely happy customer.
I ordered a Sony a6400, Sony 18-105 f4, and a Sigma 30 f1.4.

I just got an email of a "snapshot" of the order but they only showed the Sony lens and nothing else. I was wondering if this is normal? Or when you ordered yours was every item ordered was in the picture?

I ordered an a6600 + Sony 70-350G on the Monday and they arrived on the Friday.
They sent a photo of my order and kept in touch through email with tracking number etc.
Will definitely use them again (y)
Did the photo show both boxes or only one box?

Getting a bit worried, my photo only showed one lens. I guess I'll have to wait.

It's a good thing the payment was through Paypal so there's always that to fall back onto.
I'm sure it will be ok.
They've maybe shipped as 2 packages?

I mainly prefer to use 'proper' shops, as in at least UK registered businesses, as I want to be able to go back into an actual shop if there are any problems, and be able to harangue a member of staff. I much prefer face to face interaction. But the truth is that increasing amounts of purchasing is made online now, so it matters little where I buy stuff, ultimately. And let's face it; faced with a choice of say Grays of Westminster, or online traders like E-Infinity, the price differential is too big to ignore. But then there's the tax situation; are online retailers paying tax in the UK? We really do need to consider the economic impact to our own domestic retail market. There are too many loopholes being exploited by online retailers.

That said; I have used a couple of e-retailers; most notably recently for a Nikon FTZ adapter, cos the RRP is just taking the p. I am wary of 'overseas' based retailers, as there is more 'risk', and am loathe to want to buy anything expensive through them. For this reason, I bought my Z6 kit from a UK retailer (during a big sale), even though it was £100 more than the likes of E infinity etc were selling them for. I didn't want the potential for things to go wrong if I did ever need to seek redress for whatever reason.

Remember those lovely camera shops we used to go in? Stacked floor to ceiling with lovely things?

Sigh...

Since my earlier post bought a Sony RX100 Mk7 from E-Infinty. Good price, took a little longer to arrive than previous orders, but expected. Very happy, it's getting regular use during my exercise walks when travelling light.

Since my earlier post bought a Sony RX100 Mk7 from E-Infinty. Good price, took a little longer to arrive than previous orders, but expected. Very happy, it's getting regular use during my exercise walks when travelling light.
So is mine at the moment! I bought the ‘6’ from e infinity back in Jan. I do find the lens aperture a little limiting though for portraits, fine for landscapes and general shots, perfect even.

I love e-infinity. If I type 'e' in my browser address bar it's the first thing that appears :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've bought so much stuff from them over the years, Canon 5D Mark IV, Fuji XT3, Canon EOSR, 4 fuji lenses, 3 Canon EF lenses, 3 Canon RF lenses, a multitude of batteries and adaptors.
I have never had a single problem with them and the money I've saved is substantial.

I'm waiting to see when the Fuji XT4 appears to see what the saving is on the UK price and I'll decide whether to sell my XT3 and upgrade, the IBIS will be a useful upgrade.

I was suspicious about the deal quality, £95 better than amazon and £35 cheaper than mpb secondhand for a Samuang 12/2. Now I’m pretty happy buying it :)

I ordered a couple of grand's worth of gear from them on Friday and received an email yesterday saying "We are pleased to inform you that your order has now been processed and tracking information will be provided to you in 1 to 2 working days in a separate email. Please note we are no longer able to cancel or make changes to your order at this time. You may also find a snapshot of your product(s) below".

And there's a photo of my 3 items in their warehouse (with a million other boxes in the background) next to each other, with 3 order notes neatly placed in front of each item. So that's pretty cool. When do you reckon I might receive the goods?

They say they can't cancel or change the order so can I assume that 'processed' means already dispatched to UK but they just don't have tracking info yet?

Last edited:
I ordered a couple of grand's worth of gear from them on Friday and received an email yesterday saying "We are pleased to inform you that your order has now been processed and tracking information will be provided to you in 1 to 2 working days in a separate email. Please note we are no longer able to cancel or make changes to your order at this time. You may also find a snapshot of your product(s) below".

And there's a photo of my 3 items in their warehouse (with a million other boxes in the background) next to each other, with 3 order notes neatly placed in front of each item. So that's pretty cool. When do you reckon I might receive the goods?

They say they can't cancel or change the order so can I assume that 'processed' means already dispatched to UK but they just don't have tracking info yet?

It'll be a day or so and you'll get the tracking information, probably 2-3 days after tha it'll be in your hand.

I ordered the RF 100-500mm from Panamoz and I'm currently tracking it from Hong Kong to Dubai, seeing where it goes next while it works its way to me :)

It'll be a day or so and you'll get the tracking information, probably 2-3 days after tha it'll be in your hand.

I ordered the RF 100-500mm from Panamoz and I'm currently tracking it from Hong Kong to Dubai, seeing where it goes next while it works its way to me :)

Thanks Paul! So I might get it Saturday, Sunday or Monday. How exciting. :) Hopefully it'll be a courier that would deliver on Sunday. I'm guessing the E-Infinity warehouse is probably in China/Hong Kong.

I bet you're excited and omg, that's one expensive lens you're buying. Enjoy! :)

I'm in the same boat, Item Snapshot arrived on Tuesday Morning, No tracking number as yet but hopefully soon!

I've gone through emails from when I ordered my R5 from E-Infinity and these were the dates:

10/09 - Ordered
11/09 - Received item snapshot picture
13/09 - Dispatch confirmation with tracking number
14/09 - Arrived at London Heathrow
17/09 - Delivered to me :)

You must have brought me luck, Paul. Email amd tracking just came through! :banana:

"We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items have been dispatched. The tracking number should be recognised by the courier's system within 24-48 hours and since then, you may track your shipment with this webpage:"

Looks like it's already at Heathrow.

'Shipment information received
Wednesday, October 07, 2020 at 09:59
Origin Service Area: LONDON - HEATHROW
-LONDON - UK
Destination Service Area: DOCKLANDS - LONDON - UK

Shipment information received
Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Last edited:
You must have brought me luck, Paul. Email amd tracking just came through! :banana:

"We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items have been dispatched. The tracking number should be recognised by the courier's system within 24-48 hours and since then, you may track your shipment with this webpage:"

Looks like it's already at Heathrow.

'Shipment information received
Wednesday, October 07, 2020 at 09:59
Origin Service Area: LONDON - HEATHROW
-LONDON - UK
Destination Service Area: DOCKLANDS - LONDON - UK

Shipment information received
Wednesday, October 07, 2020

I think the 'Shipment Information Received' at Heathrow is the notification to them that the package is in transit and destined to arrive with them.

I think the 'Shipment Information Received' at Heathrow is the notification to them that the package is in transit and destined to arrive with them.

Ah, I see. I kind of thought that might be the case.
No worries, will hopefully get it over the weekend or Monday.

And my RF 100-500mm is now in the UK, UPS say it should be with me in Liverpool by the end of the day :)

View attachment 294893

Awesome. Did they deliver your lens yet? :)

Ah, I see. I kind of thought that might be the case.
No worries, will hopefully get it over the weekend or Monday.

I think it will be longer than that. If you look at the above example - the label was created on 29/09 and then it arrived in the UK on 08/10.

I think the 29/09 is the equivalent of your 07/10. So I'd potentially expect delivery either towards end of next week or maybe beginning of the week after.

Note that I'm also expecting a lens from E-infinity and have exactly the same info as you so i.e. my tracking also says Heathrow 9:59 yesterday.

I think it will be longer than that. If you look at the above example - the label was created on 29/09 and then it arrived in the UK on 08/10.

I think the 29/09 is the equivalent of your 07/10. So I'd potentially expect delivery either towards end of next week or maybe beginning of the week after.

Note that I'm also expecting a lens from E-infinity and have exactly the same info as you so i.e. my tracking also says Heathrow 9:59 yesterday.

Thank you Mike. Ah right, you also have the same 9:59 info as me.

Yes I think you're correct. Going by Paul's 'label created' date to his delivery date was 9 days. So yeah, maybe Friday 16th at the earliest if I'm lucky!

I've just emailed e-infinity about a query on the snapshot. I asked if all 3 of my items were sent.

At the top of this snapshot I received it shows papers 3079, 3080 and 3081. (I've covered over personal information).

20201008_124615.jpg

But at the bottom of the same snapshot it only shows 3079 and 3081. It kind of looks like there's a third piece of paper tucked between 'DHL' and 3081. Does it look like that might be the missing 3080 but without the text showing?

20201008_124644.jpg

Thank you Mike. Ah right, you also have the same 9:59 info as me.

Yes I think you're correct. Going by Paul's 'label created' date to his delivery date was 9 days. So yeah, maybe Friday 16th at the earliest if I'm lucky!

I've just emailed e-infinity about a query on the snapshot. I asked if all 3 of my items were sent.

At the top of this snapshot I received it shows papers 3079, 3080 and 3081. (I've covered over personal information).

View attachment 294921

But at the bottom of the same snapshot it only shows 3079 and 3081. It kind of looks like there's a third piece of paper tucked between 'DHL' and 3081. Does it look like that might be the missing 3080 but without the text showing?

View attachment 294922

I've just emailed them about the exact same thing, one of my labels is not visible on the packaging either.

I've just emailed them about the exact same thing, one of my labels is not visible on the packaging either.

Ah, that's interesting to hear because that probably then means they did include all yours and my items and more than likely the labels have been accidentally hidden from view. I say that because I wouldn't imagine they'd make a mistake of forgetting to add items twice in succession. But then, I've never bought anything from them before so who knows.

Last edited:
Back