Anyone used wow camera.com ?

The product is Nikon… that is on the safe side to it.
The seller may be on grey market which will make the
preceding sentence questionable since Nikon will not
service grey market merchandise.

It all depends on how bad luck crosses your path! :cool:

Hong Kong based retailer.
No company details on website - illegal.
No geographical address on website - illegal.
No VAT number on website - illegal.
Returns policy is illegal. (Despite their up-front claim that they comply with the regulations, they don't.)
No recourse to manufacturer's warranty.
No mention of VAT in prices - almost certainly illegal imports with import duty and VAT evasion.

Caveat emptor.

Hong Kong based retailer.
No company details on website - illegal.
No geographical address on website - illegal.
No VAT number on website - illegal.
Returns policy is illegal. (Despite their up-front claim that they comply with the regulations, they don't.)
No recourse to manufacturer's warranty.
No mention of VAT in prices - almost certainly illegal imports with import duty and VAT evasion.

Caveat emptor.

Decision made, thanks for your 'guidance' [emoji106]

You'd have protection from Paypal in the case that the item never arrives, but what about the customer service further down the line.
I'd stick with the well known grey suppliers. Digital Rev, HDEW, Panamoz.

So anyone used them yet? Especially as they are claiming to now have a uk warehouse and of course PayPal protection. Of course no idea on warranty either

So anyone used them yet? Especially as they are claiming to now have a uk warehouse and of course PayPal protection. Of course no idea on warranty either
So they’ve added a phone number -apparently in the uk, but still none of the legally required detail as listed above by StewartR probably tells you all need to know.

So they’ve added a phone number -apparently in the uk, but still none of the legally required detail as listed above by StewartR probably tells you all need to know.

Aye, I ring Vodafone 'Ireland' over here and suddenly it's an Indian that answers, every time, and they are not working from out of Ireland

Indeed.

In fact is say it's even worse now. Previously there was no mention of VAT. Now they specifically say that they cannot provide VAT invoices. So whereas I was merely speculating that their products were illegal imports, now they've confirmed it.

I bought a phone from them and then discovered no VAT invoice was available. When I queried this they replied
"To be clear, we are an online company with warehouses in UK, Netherlands and Luxembourg. We take care of VAT with the carrier and hence pass on the extra savings to our customers at competitive discounted prices."
I got a refund.

I bought a phone from them and then discovered no VAT invoice was available. When I queried this they replied
"To be clear, we are an online company with warehouses in UK, Netherlands and Luxembourg. We take care of VAT with the carrier and hence pass on the extra savings to our customers at competitive discounted prices."
I got a refund.

Should we expect anyone trading illegally to be truthful about how they're actually operating, either on their website, or in emails, or on the phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
I cannot recommend this company. It look like they are not uk based despite they pretend to be. They have sent me a camera (worth over £1600) in just manufacturer box and taped it over with sticky tape... The box was knocked and camera wasn't switching on. After an email exchange they asked me to return the camera to them for a refund or replacement. I did that on my expense and they refused to accept a parcel! Now I am waiting to get the parcel back to me, and I will update this post as soon as I have anymore information, but at the moment I am not happy at all.

5.12.2019 Update:

Today I have supplied WOWCAMERA with requested documentation from the carriers and waiting for their response.

18.04.2019 Update

I opened a paypal case, but still wasnt in possesion of the camera as it was stuck in "sorting centre" of Royal Mail. They gave me some time to post it to Honk Kong address this time(not Luxembourg address as previously requested by Wowcamera, and I feel they did that intentionaly to make sure I won't win Paypal case this way), hovewer I couldn't do that as I wasn't in possesion of the camera at that time therefore Paypal case was closed in favour of merchant . Then I received the camera back and posted it to their Hong kong address anyway.

I will now copy and paste recent email exchange with them.

* My emails (30 March 2020):

"Hello

I see that you finally received the camera to the address in Hong Kong provided by you through paypal resolution centre. Tracking code is RN5******85GB. As you can check yourself camera is definately faulty, so please refund me finally. It took long enough..

Regards"

"I also expect you to refund me postage charges. I attached a photo of a receipt to this email address. Regards"

* Their response (31 March 2020):

"Hi J***b,

Thanks for getting in touch. Hope this email finds you safe & healthy.

I have referred both your emails below to Compliance as the fact it was through a claim this decision was reached, I would need to alert the respective dept. overseeing this matter before offering any next steps. Hope you understand.

My team or I will reach out once we have further confirmation.

Keep safe!

Kind regards,

Sally Turner"

* Their another email (1 April 2020):

"Morning J***b,

Having consulted Compliance, we've been advised for you to contact PayPal instead. Sorry we can't be of further support, but please follow up with PayPal on this matter going forward.

All the best in your future endeavors, and do keep safe!

Kind regards,

Sally Turner"

**** in a meantime I tried to reopen case with paypal, but without success ****

* My email (from today which is 18 April 2020):

"Paypal case is closed.... and your company is a big scam. I already wrote to HK consumer rights advice regarding this and waiting for an answer from them to check what are .y options. I will sue your company to court if there will be a need. I will also write reviews on every possible reviews site if you will be deceiveing me and not refund me the money for camera I returned to you."

"You know that its not possible to reopen closed paypal case, but you want me to deal through paypal dispute system anyway. I understand that its your intention not to refund me and keep this defective camera. If you have good intentions then show it as till now it looks like your intention is to scam me."

Lets wait now and see what their response gonna be.

Looks like we got the answer to the original question then.

Back