APPLE iMac

cowasaki said:
I have connected my calibrator up to several new iMacs and to be honest the difference from perfect is virtually nothing you have to flick backwards and forwards to see any difference. On the laptop I couldn't see any difference so uninstalled the software!

Yes have to agree there, my i1 will not work with mountain lion, but when it ran snow leopard I just struggled to see the difference between non and calibrated profile, so not going to upgrade the software for the i1 at this time.

There are plenty of IT pros who have just as much a problem with Macs/OSX as Windows machines

:wave:

As an ex MCSE I have been in PC land for years, finally I have seen the light, a system that limits people's ability to break stuff, and just gets on with what it was made to do.

i wish. at least not much differently with admin access turned off on each.

According to Apple:
Every iMac display is individually color calibrated using an advanced spectroradiometer.
Just tried a test print of a shot of my Colorchecker Passport... Semigloss paper on the Epson 9900 using Epson's own printer profile. Every single colour printed very close to the monitor colour, they look virtually identical to my eye. I'm very impressed and I will be leaving my Colormunki on the shelf for the time being, I doubt it's as good as Apple's spectroradiometer... whatever the hell that is!

I did try to photograph the monitor and print together but it was a waste of time trying to get the white balance/brightness etc to match so it was meaningless... here's the shot I printed anyway.

colourshot.jpg

I have connected my calibrator up to several new iMacs and to be honest the difference from perfect is virtually nothing you have to flick backwards and forwards to see any difference. On the laptop I couldn't see any difference so uninstalled the software!

Iam running a Mac Mini, with two monitors. What software would recommend to calibrate my monitors Cowasaki?

Back