Approached by You Pic.com

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been approached on Instagram by a person from YouPic.com.

They were very flattering about my work and said they wanted to "feature" me. I'm naturally sceptical and am too old school to need my ego massaging.

The next steps to being featured are

"Wow, awesome! So the next step is to upload a few images to the site (www.youpic.com) Send your profile link when done and I will feature you "

Has anyone any experience of this site? Is it just a means to join the site? Sounds like "you don't get something for nothing in this world " and "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

Your thoughts and experiences would be much appreciated. TIA

Last edited:
I bet there will be a FEE INVOLVED sooner or later and they could use your photos free without you knowing. It sounds Dodgy to me ---

I've had several approaches from different "agents" - once you start asking questions it all starts to fall apart - I even asked one if they knew the other one. As far as I can tell, featuring you means, you upload some images to the site and thats about it!

It's either going to be a fee to get featured.

or... you provide you images hand over all rights... which mean they can be resold/used elsewhere (they'll be earning money from it some way).

Photographers paying to have their photos showen ! I thought it was the photographer was paid to let people see his photos!

But there again once the Bay City Rollers syndrome (paying out all your own money so long as you get fame) is factored in anything is possible.

If anyone is interested I can display their photos on my website £10 a month for up to 40 photos. £15 a month up to 80 photos.

Been asked the same a number of times now. Never have I bothered with their offer.

Back