April - Our cat

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Another of April, she is so difficult to get as she hates the camera, this was shot into a bright garden I used EV comp and Affinity photo to tweak the levels

Sorry for messy BG

Thank you for looking :)

April
by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Our cat isn't camera shy at all, but is in constant motion so is very difficult to photograph.

She doesn't look happy to be snapped :D Well done for risking her disapproval and getting the shot Gav :D

Lovely cat portrait, I don't mind the background, it's nicely blurred and gives context.

I find the best method is yo wait until they're asleep then give them a prod. You'll get that very photogenic "FFS, what now!!!" look. :LOL:

Lovely cat. I won't show my daughter though, she's cat crazy.

Beautiful cat Gav, and I actually like the background.

Hello April what beautiful eyes you have, lovely photo Gav.
Thank you, Dave (y) Her eyes are lovely :)
She doesn't look happy to be snapped :D Well done for risking her disapproval and getting the shot Gav :D
Thank you, Alan :) Nope, not happy in the slightest :LOL: Nothing I do for her is good enough :LOL:
Lovely cat portrait, I don't mind the background, it's nicely blurred and gives context.

I find the best method is yo wait until they're asleep then give them a prod. You'll get that very photogenic "FFS, what now!!!" look. :LOL:
Thank you, Marc (y) It didn't end well for me last time I tried that :LOL:
Lovely cat. I won't show my daughter though, she's cat crazy.
Cheers, Dale (y) I'm sure she could see it without wanting yet another cat in the house??
Beautiful cat Gav, and I actually like the background.
Thank you, Steve :)

Thank you, Marc (y) It didn't end well for me last time I tried that
You just need to hone your technique. A ruler (12 inch is best) and a longer focal length is a good starting point. An oven glove on the prodding hand is safest. :p

You just need to hone your technique. A ruler (12 inch is best) and a longer focal length is a good starting point. An oven glove on the prodding hand is safest. :p
Sounds like you've been hit too :LOL:
I'll fetch the welding gloves :p

I can see that working actually. Our cats always turn their noses up and away when I point a camera at either of them, in that snobby way that only a cat can. Great idea. (y)

*looks for ruler*

Cheers, Dale (y) I'm sure she could see it without wanting yet another cat in the house??

Here's the thing, I'm a dog man, nothing against cats, I just prefer dogs. I used to have 3, lost them sadly to old age. These days though, we have more cats than dogs , 1 dog, 2 cats. I'm not sure how that happened. :thinking:

Both our cats are crackers, to be fair.

I've looked at the image again Gav and I see nothing wrong with the BG, it's the context it was taken in and is a part of the story/setting. It's one lovely cat and pin sharp too.

Now where's my ruler, 30 inch steel version. ;)

Here's the thing, I'm a dog man, nothing against cats, I just prefer dogs. I used to have 3, lost them sadly to old age. These days though, we have more cats than dogs , 1 dog, 2 cats. I'm not sure how that happened. :thinking:

Both our cats are crackers, to be fair.

I've looked at the image again Gav and I see nothing wrong with the BG, it's the context it was taken in and is a part of the story/setting. It's one lovely cat and pin sharp too.

Now where's my ruler, 30 inch steel version. ;)

I see... so you need more dog images to show her ;):LOL:

I'd love a dog too, but I'm happy walking other peoples dogs for now..

30inch rule sounds long enough... provided they don't chase you down :LOL:

Seems all agree the BG is ok, I used a small DoF as our place is small and it's the only way to loose the clutter.

Back