are all nikon owners pompous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
was out with my friend taking piccies the other day had a nice time together, got back to the car park and a nikon owner was taking some piccies with an expensive looking flash system by the looks of the camera body from a distance it was a good one

well my friend strike up conversation ask about the camera and flash system and after he talk about what he has my friend mention that just bought a canon eos 500d.. i was dumfounded by his response... 'ditch the canon and get a nikon'

what great restraint my friend shown as my friends partner has nikon but even so i couldnt believe it at the time

afterwards i told my friend it was probably his 'male anatomy' extension (not exact words as you can imagine) and that he probably doesnt know how to use it properly!

needless to say, the subject this guy with nikon was shooting was rubbish but the old man that nearly drove over one of his remote flash units gave me a chuckle when the guy panicked and start running towards it it was so close i wouldnt have shed a tear if the old man actually crushed it :LOL:

No.

That's like asking are all BMW drivers '*******' :)

The majority are not - but a few give the brand a bad name... (And it's not restricted only to Nikon).

well......

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I love Nikons..... can't really see the point of canons..... :LOL:

I'll go & get my tin hat now! :D

all i can say is take no notice of people like that, it does not matter if you take pics with a 2 megapixel camera phone or a top of the range, canon, nikon, or whatever, all that matters is that you get enjoyment out of what you are doing. (y)(y)

was out with my friend taking piccies the other day had a nice time together, got back to the car park and a nikon owner was taking some piccies with an expensive looking flash system by the looks of the camera body from a distance it was a good one

well my friend strike up conversation ask about the camera and flash system and after he talk about what he has my friend mention that just bought a canon eos 500d.. i was dumfounded by his response... 'ditch the canon and get a nikon'

what great restraint my friend shown as my friends partner has nikon but even so i couldnt believe it at the time

afterwards i told my friend it was probably his 'male anatomy' extension (not exact words as you can imagine) and that he probably doesnt know how to use it properly!

needless to say, the subject this guy with nikon was shooting was rubbish but the old man that nearly drove over one of his remote flash units gave me a chuckle when the guy panicked and start running towards it it was so close i wouldnt have shed a tear if the old man actually crushed it :LOL:

There are photographers, and equipment junkies. Photographers will shoot with anything, choosing the weapon to suit the job, or making do with what's around. The equipment junkie spends so long wondering which of the 300mm lenses is the best, and what camera has the best performance this week, they never shoot any images

i shoot with anything. I suggest everyone stops worrying about it, and goes and shoots some photographs

ooooooh I can see where this is going to end:LOL:

sound like i opened a can of worms?

That's like asking are all BMW drivers '*******' :)

The majority are not
They SO are! ;)

I keep joking with my dad that he needs to ditch the Canon gear and get Nikon (I even gave him one of my old D100s when he decided to make the upgrade to digital a couple of years back, although that was probably more detrimental to my argument than helpful).

He always lusted after an F4s the whole time I was a kid growing up. I ended up getting Nikon gear while he was still shooting an Olympus OM-1, so I think he just went Canon to spite me. ;)

sound like i opened a can of worms?

No, you didn`t. You trolled for a reaction and will no doubt get one from some quarters.If you don`t have enough gumption to answer your own question, then, well, you know...........;)

Absolutely! We are all pompous gear freaks that consider ourselves considerably better equppied and of course mor eintelligent than any C*n*n owning gutter snipe :cool:

:LOL: Yeah right... dont blame the brand, all the best manufacturers have their natural following of 'male extensions' and that includes canon ;)

No, you didn`t. You trolled for a reaction and will no doubt get one from some quarters.If you don`t have enough gumption to answer your own question, then, well, you know...........;)

And here endeth the first lesson :D (y)

:LOL: Yeah right... dont blame the brand, all the best manufacturers have their natural following of 'male extensions' and that includes canon ;)

Behave young lady :cool:
extentions indeed ( Ok so it was cold at whipsnade :D )

Well I have Nikon gear but allow Canon users to share my hide. Wonder what that makes me.:D

i hit wrong button when i mention about can of worms lol

but maybe all olympus and canon owners feel the same way about ditch nikon! just trying to get a perspective here, rather than cause a war on brands!

impossible task, i know :thinking:

after a bit of research on the good ole interweb they all have pros and cons

id never have the effrontery to tell someone to get rid of their camera for a different brand so was he just rude or a typical nikon owner lol

I can't find the popcorn thingy!! :) There are times when it was handy!

Don't worry about it. Canon v Nikon, Mercedes v BMW, PC v Mac................. I've no doubt that some people, perhaps most, choose for good reasons (including personal preference) but there are a lot of gearheads out there too. They're far more interested in their equipment, and the image it conveys to other people, than the results they get from it.

FWIW, I have a 30D but would prefer a D300 (I'm not in a position to switch right now, and it's not that important), prefer BMW to Mercedes and don't know enough about computers to give a toss one way or the other!

i hit wrong button when i mention about can of worms lol

but maybe all olympus and canon owners feel the same way about ditch nikon! just trying to get a perspective here, rather than cause a war on brands!

impossible task, i know :thinking:

after a bit of research on the good ole interweb they all have pros and cons

id never have the effrontery to tell someone to get rid of their camera for a different brand so was he just rude or a typical nikon owner lol

I would suggest that you put the spade down now and stop digging, as previously advised. ;)

I keep my Nikon gear next to my green wellies in the landrover

He does sound like someone we all know... not necessarily in this sphere of photography. There will always be people that use their wallets before their brains - and then feel they have to justify that to everyone - hence the "Ditch that **** crap and use this". Self justification is all, and self ... dunno, ends in "ation" as well though... The world would be a less colourful place without them I feel - if not for them we would have to poke fun at ourselves instead.

Arthur

I keep my Nikon gear next to my green wellies in the landrover

Would that be LE CHAMEAU or HUNTERS?
personally I think that LE CHAMEAU are better (y)
Oh and that's Canon for me ;) :D

I would suggest that you put the spade down now and stop digging, as previously advised. ;)

brand doesnt matter to me

ive seen super pictures posted here with all sorts of cameras. they are all as good as each other.

its peoples attitudes that can be truly unbelieveable at times :(

try living in a silent world and your perspective will change

i was dumfounded by his response... 'ditch the canon and get a nikon'

A bloke on a Pentax forum I use was told by a Canon user that his Pentax K20D was rubbish and he should buy a Canon like his. Next thing the heavens opened and it poured with rain. Pentax user with his 77 weather sealed body carried on shooting, Canon user saw this and so also carried on .. for about 10 minutes and then his camera stopped working. Pentax user looked round, smiled and walked away.

Takes all sorts :)

Absolutely! We are all pompous gear freaks that consider ourselves considerably better equppied and of course mor eintelligent than any C*n*n owning gutter snipe :cool:

mor eintelligent

but lousy typists eh :shrug:

same **** a few weeks ago at my work night out. had the d90 and 35mm 1.8 for nothing more than drunken snaps.

a guy walked up to me interested in my camera and asked what canon i had. when he saw the nikon writing he just muttered 'oh its a nikon' then turned and walked away without another word :shrug:

anyways, pointless thread........

same **** a few weeks ago at my work night out. had the d90 and 35mm 1.8 for nothing more than drunken snaps.

a guy walked up to me interested in my camera and asked what canon i had. when he saw the nikon writing he just muttered 'oh its a nikon' then turned and walked away without another word :shrug:

anyways, pointless thread........

Thats cos he knew you being a nikon owner he would only get a right pompous answer:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back