Are the new flickr changes kicking in already?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just looked at my flickr and I'm told that my e-mail address is no longer secure for any uploads in the future! Really?
Is this Yahoo trying to force me to change my e-mail to a yahoo one?
They say my present address will be insecure as from next week. It seems a bit arbitrary for them to decide on a date for something that they have no control over to no longer be secure.
I'm unsure what is happening. Is it just Yahoo and their cohorts trying to tie us in totally, as Google like to do?
More importantly what will happen if I don't change my e-mail? I never upload that way so it shouldn't affect me. Shouldn't being the operative word.
Anyone know what is going on?

Nothing here, but I never log out of Flickr.
I had something similar last year and just changed my password.

Just checked further and the email I use for Flickr is a yahoo one. But I only ever use the uploader on my PC. All very strange.

Just checked further and the email I use for Flickr is a yahoo one. But I only ever use the uploader on my PC. All very strange.

Flickr has always allowed you to e-mail pictures which get added to your photostream. It uses an autogenerated e-mail address for this. This is totally unrelated to the e-mail you use to login. The message is only about the autogenerated e-mail addresses for submitting images to your own Flickr photostream.

I suspect some group has worked out how to guess / autogenerate similar addresses and can hence stuff their images into other people's streams (probably spam or similar), and so Flickr are moving to a more complex format for those addresses.

Again, it's nothing to do with the address you use to log in.

It uses an autogenerated e-mail address for this. This is totally unrelated to the e-mail you use to login.
So it does. Never knew that. That must be totally automatic because I've never set it up.
Anyway when I had a looksee there is a reset button so I hit that. Then I got another strange e-mail automatically produced. The important thing is that the warning has now gone.
Thanks for that info; it's not something I'll ever use, but at least I've got rid of the warning labels.

I also had the warning message but I never upload by email anyway, so I ignored it.

I also have a yahoo email address to log in with although the email address is no longer active. It seems a bit like the apple id, in that it is purely to identify you and is unrelated to emails.

That must be totally automatic because I've never set it up.

It is.

Anyway when I had a looksee there is a reset button so I hit that. Then I got another strange e-mail automatically produced. The important thing is that the warning has now gone.
Thanks for that info; it's not something I'll ever use, but at least I've got rid of the warning labels.

Yep and there's less chance of some 12 year old Russian kid e-mailing photographs of expensive fake watches to your photostream and getting RICH while we just scrape around for pocket money.

Or something.

On an only slightly related theme....
Did you watch the programme on Silk Road on Monday night? So many brains wasted.

I also had the warning message but I never upload by email anyway, so I ignored it.

I also have a yahoo email address to log in with although the email address is no longer active. It seems a bit like the apple id, in that it is purely to identify you and is unrelated to emails.
Be careful the Apple ID being an email address you can't access can get you into difficulty if you haven't set up alternative email addresses etc with them and have find my phone enabled,

Be careful the Apple ID being an email address you can't access can get you into difficulty if you haven't set up alternative email addresses etc with them and have find my phone enabled,
That is true, but I do have several alternative ones already set up, and I made my primary one the apple email address. The only trouble is now when they send some marketing info, I get it 3 times :rolleyes:

That is true, but I do have several alternative ones already set up, and I made my primary one the apple email address. The only trouble is now when they send some marketing info, I get it 3 times :rolleyes:
I seem to remember there is a setting to indicate your primary address so you don't get duplicate mail from Apple. I only get to my Apple ID address.

I seem to remember there is a setting to indicate your primary address so you don't get duplicate mail from Apple. I only get to my Apple ID address.
That's interesting. I will check that out. I'm pretty sure I have stated which is my primary address, and it will allow me to use that as my apple id now, but I do still get all the emails. I will do some investigation. It would be great to turn them off, thanks for alerting me.

Back