weekly Asha Film 52 with 52 Different Cameras Challenge WEEK 52: Completed!....

Asha - Apologies for not stopping by and commenting during the year. There's been plenty going on with keeping up to speed with the"official" version. Every credit for doing this film based over the 12 months. It was hard enough doing it on digital. More importantly well done and congratulations on completing your 52.

Thank you Peter for your kind words.

I do feel proud to have been able to complete it, as I'm sure others will of themselves wether it be film or digital......rightly so too!

To think some folk have been on with 365 challenges......they've gotta be nuts!! :nuts::D :D

Congrats on finishing and beating me to it. I still maintain that if i finish before the 15th of January i will have done a 52 in 51 weeks as i started on the 23rd of January ;)

Spurred on by some of your collection i bought myself a couple of cameras last night on the cheap, a Purma Special which you used in week 20 and a folding Voigtlander. In total i only paid £30 for both of them posted so i doubt they will be in the best condition. So maybe my last shot of the 52 will be taken on one of them (y)

Congrats on finishing and beating me to it. I still maintain that if i finish before the 15th of January i will have done a 52 in 51 weeks as i started on the 23rd of January ;)

Spurred on by some of your collection i bought myself a couple of cameras last night on the cheap, a Purma Special which you used in week 20 and a folding Voigtlander. In total i only paid £30 for both of them posted so i doubt they will be in the best condition. So maybe my last shot of the 52 will be taken on one of them (y)

Thanks Rob,

It looks like it may not be so long before you'll have enough of a collection to do a 52 with 52 different pieces of kit.:nuts:

The Voigtlander sounds like it might be a pretty little folder.

As for the Purma, the shutter speeds operate on gravity and are determined by which way you hold the camera.....they have a tendancy to stick if not used but can be gently manipulated back to life simply by continual firing of the shutter release....took me nearly an hour to get mine going but been fine ever since.

Shutter speeds are 1/25, 1/150 and 1/450 if they fire correctly. Aperture F/6.3. Focus 10ft - infinity

For a Bakelite P&S, I found the results not bad at all tbh

Be sure to post piccies of both cameras for us all to see.

Great stuff, Asha. And I see you managed that last shot of all the cameras. Hope your apartment survived!

And now ladies and gentlemen, the man himself in action:

Nice12-12-IMG_6721a_zps182b5b6a.jpg

Nice one! I've enjoyed following your challenge and what a lovely camera to end with!

Congratulations on the completion of your challenge and it has been a joy to drop in from time to time for viewing.

A great thread to watch through the year.

Great stuff, Asha. And I see you managed that last shot of all the cameras. Hope your apartment survived!

Thanks Jon,

It's hard to believe how much time it took to set up for that shot ......Re arrangement of furniture, dgging out and displaying the cameras etc etc ....I had to dev the film immediatley to ensure I had a usable result as no way did I want to have to repeat the set up process.:D

Thanks for the portrait :bat: :D
What with scarf, camera straps and rucksack....it's a wonder I didn't strangle myself!:D
Not the easiest of cameras to compose with in portrait orientation!

Congrats on getting done on time.

On and... Bloody hell that's a big one! :D

Thank you Steve.....

"Bloody hell that's a big one".....not often I have that said :eek: :D :D :D

Nice one! I've enjoyed following your challenge and what a lovely camera to end with!

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it Steve.....Although I have no intention of doing similar next year, I will nonetheless be continuing to use these old cameras and attempting to obtain better results from them.

Congratulations on the completion of your challenge and it has been a joy to drop in from time to time for viewing.

A great thread to watch through the year.

Thank you Richard.

Even with its occasional frustrations, it has been a pleasure to do the challenge......hearing how so many people have enjoyed following it makes it so more worthwhile and indeed gives me the encouragement to post more results from this old gear throughout 2013

Fantastic Asha, well done! I love that last shot of all your cameras; it's like a family portrait!

Fantastic Asha, well done! I love that last shot of all your cameras; it's like a family portrait!

Cheers Mark........Quite an appropriate shot I think.

Woud have liked to have incorporated the Marion camera in it too by use of a mirror but it simply wasn't going to work out on the day.

Hi Asha, well yours is the last of the 2012 52’ers that I needed to catch up on but the more I ‘put it off until I had time’ the more I got behind! So here goes:

Week 45: bubbles, love that shot it has a timeless feel to it, I’d say it’s very difficult to actually tell what era it’s from!

Week 46: Hi :wave: I don’t think there have been enough SP’s throughout this years 52’s so it’s nice to ‘see’ everyone occasionally. Was this on timer? Did they do such things on these cameras?

Week 47: The camera has coped really well considering the slow shutter speed. Your better half must have a lot of patience while you tinker with these old cameras!

Week 48: I bet the camera crews were just as fascinated by your camera as you were in them filming? Just a shame about the road sign in it!
WOW that is one bendy, windy hill, I think my hubby would go hand brake mad down that!

Week 49: That’s one massive camera! It’s done well though, the detail in the shot is superb and it’s nicely exposed (y)

Week 50: From the massive to the dinky! Yes the quality of the shots are questionable, but at least it still produces something!

Week 51: Shame the camera didn’t catch the wave, but considering the lighting conditions it has coped better than most DSLR’s would these days! That’s one old camera though.
I think someone needs to restore that restaurant!

Week 52: Wow, it’s amazing seeing them all lined up together, that is certainly a collection to be proud of!

Congratulations for finishing your film 52, it’s certainly more challenging doing it with the equipment you have! You certainly deserve to feel proud, after all it’s easy to do it with a digital camera, but having to take the shot, develop it, scan it, tinker with it, then up load it must be massively time consuming! Well done :clap:

I am wondering now if I still have my first ever camera in a box somewhere? An old 110mm (I think) film camera :thinking:

Not had chance to look through all this thread yet,but what I have seen has been fascinating. I didn't realise how many of these old cameras you owned,you really are dedicated to old cameras and film.
Thanks for showing what they can do.

Back