Astro Shot: M51 (The Whirlpool galaxy)

Absolutely mind-blowing... Makes me feel so insignificant! :p

Thanks (y)

Fan-flaming-tastic as always! Thanks for posting your setup, really interested in giving this a go sometime. Have you written how you do this anywhere (software, process etc)???

Thanks! I've not written a guide or anything about how you can do this but if you have any questions then I'm happy to help where I can. The difficulty is that these images are taken with kit worth in excess of £10k, which is something that isn't for the faint hearted :D

Thanks very much folks - I appreciate you looking and commenting (y)

Patience wise, and collecting the data, that's the easy part. I set the exposure software running and go to bed!! When I wake up in the morning I have x number of exposures waiting for me!! The hard part is the processing of the image. That can take perhaps 6-8 hours alone in processing the one image.

Astro imaging is great though, I love it :D

I always look forward to seeing a new image from you Sara- another stunner(y)

Oh! So very, very good Sara. A lot of work here. Well done that Gal.:clap::clap::clap:

Last months photographer of the year round was "Space", maybe you should have joined in :)

I still can't get over how images like these are real, they're just fascinating.

A lot of effort, only wish I had the right gear, would love to get photos like that.

Well done indeed. :clap:

Forgive my ignorance, but why is there ~15 hours of exposure in this image? Is it a huge panorama? Or do you take loads and layer them on top of each other?

Thanks!

OMG.. look all i have to say is ..we have to talk..
amazing !!!!

13 love and health to all !

Superb images, and thanks for the shots of your set up
Thanks (y)

Forgive my ignorance, but why is there ~15 hours of exposure in this image? Is it a huge panorama? Or do you take loads and layer them on top of each other?

A common practice in astro imaging is to take loads of images and stack them together. This increases the strength of the data and helps combat noise.

OMG.. look all i have to say is ..we have to talk..
amazing !!!!

Thanks (y)

whats your facebook? i would love to use some of your pictures.. for my youtube videos?

Back