Nang = good but slightly better than Chung
Chung = good
Whip = car
Bora = knife
Gat = gun
Boiden (or Boyden) = Police
To Cotch = To Relax

"His whip is nang" = "He has a nice car"

"I was just about to cotch at Wayne's place when the boyden stopped me and found my bora" = "I was on my way to spend a relaxing afternoon at Wayne's house when I was stopped by the police and they found my knife"

"That gat is chung innit" = "Thats a lovely gun, isn't it"

For those not versed in chav:

Nang = good but slightly better than Chung
Chung = good
Whip = car
Bora = knife
Gat = gun
Boiden (or Boyden) = Police
To Cotch = To Relax

"His whip is nang" = "He has a nice car"

"I was just about to cotch at Wayne's place when the boyden stopped me and found my bora" = "I was on my way to spend a relaxing afternoon at Wayne's house when I was stopped by the police and they found my knife"

"That gat is chung innit" = "Thats a lovely gun, isn't it"

Oh dear, maybe someone should just drop the bomb!

P.s 46 here and I use 'cool' and 'coolio' way too much :)

One Ive heard is Leicester is "pure". Used in a sentence... "I was pure fed up the other day". "That dinner is pure nice". urgh, I hate it.

Pure sick innit.

*shudder*

I do hollor out "Yo!" whenever someone calls out my name at my workplace. I also use the word "chillax" a lot.

And I'm 43. :shake:

'Yo' is a good one, and perfectly acceptable to be followed by 'dude', when two young people say hello :p

/Makes a private list with all these names on it....

There's a massive difference between young persons' speak and chav speak.

You will find me saying stuff like 'cool', 'awesome', 'sick', 'epic' and 'dude', but never ever ever will you find me saying things like 'blud', 'innit' or 'in da house'. Unless, of course, I'm mocking a chav!

He dissin me blood,innit :cautious:

I think age wise, I sit somewhere in the middle on these forums....to you I'm young :D (not to mention a bit cheeky) but ask an 18 year old and at 31 I'm ancient!

Err. I say " What Ho!" a lot after a massive Jeeves and Wooster watching session.

i swear a lot at work too
rough and ready lorry driver types almost use it as punctuation, but are very creative with the friendly insults.
my fav being
" morning ya fat Beardy twit"
sustitute twit for another fairly obvious rude word.
the reply is often
" morning Ginger bolderdash"
again , insert suitable rude word

or

"still a crap sh**?"
reply "yeah, still got a small Richard?"

Im the same Mark...in work. Banter ahoy.

Apparently, I'm fat and ginger and haven't seen my nudger or toes for years, one of the other guys is Eli from emmerdale, and the other is a decrepit old fool who looks like Paul o Grady.

Its all good fun :D

Back