B*stards!

Good Grief :(

I used to live 15 minutes away from that place.
Very sad to read this... :(
:mad:

It's people like these that makes me slowly lose faith in humanity

Last edited:
I think there is a thread about this in the Stolen forum, where all of the serial numbers are listed.

According to the above linked report it took two of them to do that, how very brave! Mind you, even if they're apprehended and successfully convicted, what do you suppose the punishment will be?

People nowadays just don't have a conscience....absolutely disgusting thing to do

Bloody sods. :(

This is in West Kirby on the Wirral. Loved visiting the place as a youngster.

Bust their legs up so they have to use wheelchairs too.

B*stards.
Then the tax payer would end up paying for their medical treatment. Perhaps a better idea might be to bring back some form of 'hard labour' as a punishment for such a crime? If I had my way, the next time a giant fatberg was found blocking a sewer then such offenders would be made to remove it using a garden trowel and a bucket!

Last edited:
A prize to anyone who can identify the spot where the photo in the report was taken!!!

Hardly...it's society at it's best, the way that people are supporting the photographer. If you actually mean 'a couple of scumbags at their worst' then I agree with you.
It’s exactly what I mean they need real punishment as I said society at its worse (the act)

I can’t understand why they didn’t just steal the equipment that’s bad enough but to kick the poor chap out of his wheelchair is unforgivable.
Have you ever noticed that evil people live to a golden age and good people die younger?

Absolutely nothing compared to that couple in Manchester who deliberately set fire to a house at 5 am at three separate points and actually knew there were children inside ( who died as a result )

Absolutely nothing compared to that couple in Manchester who deliberately set fire to a house at 5 am at three separate points and actually knew there were children inside ( who died as a result )
Awful for the poor kids -honestly what on Earth were the evil creatures thinking?

I’m a wheelchair user, and I lost confidence taking my kit out alone. I always thought this kind of thing would happen to me. I’m now very happy going out as I’ve now got my Staffishire bull terrier, it would take a brave or really stupid person to try robbing now. Scum is not a word I’d use, it would be more like lots of expclitives!

This is one of my local areas , no doubt any stolen items will surface before Christmas not that many places to dispose of them that the police and local photographers don’t know about .they will be caught

I've been warned about photographing alone in central Leeds and also Manchester by Police Officers after several muggings for camera gear in recent years

This chap may well have gotten off more lightly by being unable to fight back as the scum that did this may have seen him as a soft target and less in need of a smacking too

Any such theft is deplorable, the victim being in a wheelchair, a slight female, an elderly chap or just overwhelmed makes no difference to me its all just as sad - scum is scum and scum, like bullies, will allows go for the route of (potentially) least resistance; I'm just glad they didn't feel the need to beat him up too

Dave

very local to me as i live about 20 minutes away from there, absolute scumbags and its not even a place where i would expect it to happen as that is where the better off people live
yeah and a very nice park too. Was walking distance from my school and house.
Never thought it'd be this unsafe... back then

I've been warned about photographing alone in central Leeds and also Manchester by Police Officers after several muggings for camera gear in recent years

This chap may well have gotten off more lightly by being unable to fight back as the scum that did this may have seen him as a soft target and less in need of a smacking too

Any such theft is deplorable, the victim being in a wheelchair, a slight female, an elderly chap or just overwhelmed makes no difference to me its all just as sad - scum is scum and scum, like bullies, will allows go for the route of (potentially) least resistance; I'm just glad they didn't feel the need to beat him up too

Dave
That's a bit depressing, I have been told that in central Bogota as well but that is slightly different (and in Bogota altitude sickness means that I cannot run or even walk fast from any criminals).

yeah and a very nice park too. Was walking distance from my school and house.
Never thought it'd be this unsafe... back then
In all fairness i would see this as a one off currently in that area, it's the first time i have personally heard of anything of this nature happening around there and there will always be exceptions regardless of how decent an area is.

This crap scares me for the future, I have a daughter with cerebral palsy, she has fought hard through the years through regular intense physio, had major surgery and constant OT to get her out of her wheelchair and gain some independence. She will be on crutches for life, and I do fear that something s****y like this could happen to her when she's older - as she's very independent, as well she should be. Sadly I do feel that people with mobility difficulties do need to have someone with them most of the time, especially when out in more remote areas.

This crap scares me for the future, I have a daughter with cerebral palsy, she has fought hard through the years through regular intense physio, had major surgery and constant OT to get her out of her wheelchair and gain some independence. She will be on crutches for life, and I do fear that something s****y like this could happen to her when she's older - as she's very independent, as well she should be. Sadly I do feel that people with mobility difficulties do need to have someone with them most of the time, especially when out in more remote areas.

I remember a few months ago I was coming home on the bus when some lads were being a right pain to a young lad with cerebral palsy. I was the only person to stand up and offer help, they had a go at me, then I called out to the driver who called the police.

I remember a few months ago I was coming home on the bus when some lads were being a right pain to a young lad with cerebral palsy. I was the only person to stand up and offer help, they had a go at me, then I called out to the driver who called the police.

People are too afraid to speak up sadly. I'm the same as you, I cannot let things like that go un-checked. I've had to intervene in some dodgy situations in the past, thankfully I'm a big boy and can make myself seem bigger when needed :D It's sad that there are people who feel this irresistible urge to be d******ds to the vulnerable, but it will always be this way.

People are too afraid to speak up sadly. I'm the same as you, I cannot let things like that go un-checked. I've had to intervene in some dodgy situations in the past, thankfully I'm a big boy and can make myself seem bigger when needed :D It's sad that there are people who feel this irresistible urge to be d******ds to the vulnerable, but it will always be this way.

I think what helped was how I was holding the camera.

IMO creeps who do that sort of thing should be locked in a room with pit bulls.
Maybe a little extreme. I would settle for a good few years away to hopefully be re rehabilitated, then let back in to society as better people. If that fails maybe then go the pit bull option.

A prize to anyone who can identify the spot where the photo in the report was taken!!!
What is the prize?

If the prize is a camera maybe however wins it, could donate it to the chap who got robbed. :)

Back