B*stards!

I'm still in shock that this could have happened - I live about 10 minutes from the place it happened too & it's not somewhere I would have expected scum (the language filter wouldn't even slightly let me type what I wanted to call them) like this to pull such a disgusting act. As said before, not many places to shift kit of that level around here without it being suspicious so hopefully it'll only be a matter of time before they're caught - I won't start a rant on what I think should happen to them, but it shouldn't be pleasant.

As for the pit bull option, they're lovely dogs, I wouldn't wish having to go near evil b******s like them on the poor dogs at all.

It was just on the Granada evening news, and the chap was explaining what happened to him. An anonymous photographer has steeped in and given the victim a camera. :)

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. When you consider that scumbags have been beating the s*** out the elderly for their pension money for decades, this is nothing new.

You feel vulnerable in a wheelchair at the best of times!

Maybe a little extreme. I would settle for a good few years away to hopefully be re rehabilitated, then let back in to society as better people. If that fails maybe then go the pit bull option. /QUOTE]

Something about that reminds me a bit of this old TV sketch (NSFW):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Humour (as that's how us Brits traditionally manage to get through adverse situations and depressing news) aside, I really do hope the perpetrators get their comeuppance and that anyone who knows (or even seriously suspects) who they are (be it friends, neighbours or the 'underworld') gets with the true spirit of Christmas this year and turns them in to the police. (y)

Last edited:
Something about that reminds me a bit of this old TV sketch:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhstRrZzaso

Joking aside, I really do hope the perpetrators get their comeuppance and that anyone who knows (or even seriously suspects) who they are (be it friends, neighbours or the 'underworld') gets with the true spirit of Christmas and turns them in to the police. (y)

Don't think I ever watched an episode of it. :)

I could not see shops buying camera gear with no history, or do they? So probably offload to some creep. :(

had to be Merseyside :mad::( hope the scum lands in the big house for Xmas

Have you never seen a Cash Convertors shop?
Ahh of course, silly me. :)

The same crime and much worse happens all over the UK.
I typed this in a search engine, ( disabled person gets robbed) and crimes from all over the UK flash up. Yes, even so called respectable areas down South. Oh, and committed by criminals who were born and brought up in those areas.

Last edited:
Surely they would of nicked the wheels off the chair if they were scousers.....

Mmm, in one post someone says that a person in a wheelchair gets robbed and it 'had to be Merseyside', and in another someone trots out the tired old cliche that Scouser's all steal wheels. Apparently it seems to be OK to disparage the people of Merseyside. :rolleyes:

I don't see people saying similar things about other areas of the country in any particularly negative ways, but then maybe I am not reading enough threads, and it goes on all the time. Hard to change reputations when people keep perpetuating age old stereotypes. :rolleyes:

Your comment is not helpful in any way.

Oh lighten up.

Yes it was a god damned awful thing to do to anybody, even more so to somebody who had little chance of putting up any resistance; and tipping them out of the chair wasn't necessary.

And for the record, I like Merseyside, most of the people I have met have been great, but even my work colleague who is a Scouse born & bred would mention the wheels. Most of those I have met from Liverpool often take the rise from themselves.

If I've offended anybody I apologise, but it was just an attempt to lighten the mood a little.

Oh lighten up.

Yes it was a god damned awful thing to do to anybody, even more so to somebody who had little chance of putting up any resistance; and tipping them out of the chair wasn't necessary.

And for the record, I like Merseyside, most of the people I have met have been great, but even my work colleague who is a Scouse born & bred would mention the wheels. Most of those I have met from Liverpool often take the rise from themselves.

If I've offended anybody I apologise, but it was just an attempt to lighten the mood a little.
I am in a very good mood, and can and see see the funny side in most things. Just when the media and people say silly remarks, it gets a little trying.
But hey ho, moving on. :)

Surely they would of nicked the wheels off the chair if they were scousers.....
Here we go again.
Effin' bleedin' suvveners thinking that everything north of Watford is a bandit zone.

I frequently walk round scouseland at night, in the dark, on my own, with my camera gear. The only trouble I get is folk wanting to show me their "good" pics on their mobile phones.

Just clarify how far Uxbridge is from where that woman was run over by four vehicles that didn't stop?

Jeeez, stop being so precious. It was a joke! FFS :rolleyes:

Also quoting Kingo & having a pop @ him, when he posted;

I read it as `Oh no, not Merseyside again for negative news ..... hope they go to jail`

BTW, Kingo is from Bootle. ;)

The courts these days are far too lenient,it,s time some serious sentences were handed down for these scumbags.:police::eek:

I would think the police are checking out the local cash converter and pawn type shops ,this sort of gear is more likely to change hands in pubs ,but the local photography fraternity is a very close knit group so the avenues of moving it on especially with the publicity and known serial numbers is going to be hard .

As for where it happened the area is a nice area and usually one where you feel safe with camera gear ,however there have been similar incidents over the years ..I think another disabled togger had gear stolen from the boot of his car a year or so ago ,at Parkgate which is a few miles away ,and another at talacre on the other side of the estuary exactly opposite ..does make me wonder if this was a targeted attack

That's a bit depressing, I have been told that in central Bogota as well but that is slightly different (and in Bogota altitude sickness means that I cannot run or even walk fast from any criminals).

Ye it’s a bit shady if you wanna carry a camera on display there. I got followed once after being in la Candelaria with some locals, taking photos. I hadn’t noticed but the locals I was with said right we’re off, keep close because this guy has been staring since you had your camera out.

I’ve been there countless times with no other issues but I wouldn’t take a phone or camera out in central bogotá or some other cities over there. I usually do it very discreetly if need be.

Mind you it’s just as easy to have some idiot try to grab your camera here in the uk.

I read about this chap on Facebook, it’s very sad for him. He has our support. There’s a fundraiser online for him, if I get chance to get the link I’ll put it on, tho somebody might have already.

Oh lighten up.

I've just insulted you, your family, and possibly everyone you know by insinuating in a tired old cliche that you all steal the wheels off anything that has them, but I meant it as a joke so that's OK. :rolleyes: This comes after someone else has already said that it was somehow not a surprise that such a dreadful thing happened on Merseyside. They say comedy has a lot to do with timing, but I don't think so in this case.

Ah, the old justification. "I have (insert name here) friends. They laugh at those types of jokes about them all the time, they even make some similar jokes at their own expense". Maybe they do, but something said amongst friends, in the spur of the moment during some back and forth 'banter' may not be suitable to write in an open forum, especially when it perpetuates negative stereotypes.

I'm all for lightening the mood, and am rarely serious, but it has to be appropriate. I don't think that 'joke' would be funny at any time, but definitely not in this thread given the subject, and not following what preceded it. Others may think differently.

If it is a sincere apology then I accept.

Last edited:
sorry if my post upset anyone I did mean it like Carl read it, Oh no, not Merseyside again for negative news ..... hope they go to jail`

I do know you get scum from around the UK as I have the job of keeping them locked up

Ye it’s a bit shady if you wanna carry a camera on display there. I got followed once after being in la Candelaria with some locals, taking photos. I hadn’t noticed but the locals I was with said right we’re off, keep close because this guy has been staring since you had your camera out.

I’ve been there countless times with no other issues but I wouldn’t take a phone or camera out in central bogotá or some other cities over there. I usually do it very discreetly if need be.

Mind you it’s just as easy to have some idiot try to grab your camera here in the uk.

I read about this chap on Facebook, it’s very sad for him. He has our support. There’s a fundraiser online for him, if I get chance to get the link I’ll put it on, tho somebody might have already.
I have to say that it seems to be very safe to carry cameras in South Kensington - judging by the number of people who do without problems

I've just insulted you, your family, and possibly everyone you know by insinuating in a tired old cliche that you all steal the wheels off anything that has them, but I meant it as a joke so that's OK. :rolleyes: This comes after someone else has already said that it was somehow not a surprise that such a dreadful thing happened on Merseyside. They say comedy has a lot to do with timing, but I don't think so in this case.

Like I said, apologies if you were offended, I will attempt to keep my humour to myself in future. Something like this could happen anywhere, the type of people that commit these acts are all over the UK, even in some of the more "well to do" areas. It seems that the art of parenting got lost in the 90's and we are left with people who think they have the right to take anything, whether it's theirs or not, and aggression is the tactic to suppress any defence.

Just clarify how far Uxbridge is from where that woman was run over by four vehicles that didn't stop?

I'm sure you looked it up, so you can tell me.....

I may live in Uxbridge now, but I havn't lived here all of my life, I have been North of Watford Gap services, and I have lived in a few places many around me would consider "Up Norf". In fact we had to move back down South as my 4 year old was developing a strange accent, he's 28 now though, but even he's run off to Bristol....

I have to say that it seems to be very safe to carry cameras in South Kensington - judging by the number of people who do without problems

Indeed, some areas are way easier than others. But that's where the thieves end up going. It seems to be the case with this incident based on all the positive comments about the area in this thread.

I can’t understand why they didn’t just steal the equipment that’s bad enough but to kick the poor chap out of his wheelchair is unforgivable.
Have you ever noticed that evil people live to a golden age and good people die younger?
Thats to try and stop people chasing them, most people who would actually bother to help would go to the chaps aid before chasing the scumbags.

worse than a woman being run over by four vehicles in London and none of them stopping?
I was talking to a police officer about this yesterday, his opinion was it's possible none of them actually realised they had hit someone. If a big lorry hits someone they almost certainily would not feel it and with the bumpy and speed bump infested roads could easily not realise it was a person even if they did feel someting. Then after the first lorry the rest might feel almost nothing.
I attended an accident where a police officer went under a small-ish lorry (one of those tipper lorry things empty) I had to photograph the remains, there wasn't a lot left, pretty sure you wouldn't feel much if anything if you drove over what was left in a normal car.
I'm not excusing these people but I could understand how it could happen.

Your comment is not helpful in any way.

Calling the reader/s Shirley was not at all helpful...

A despicable crime, but not surprised in the slightest. Society has changed so much that if someone likes something and wants it, they take it and get away with it. They do not care about the consequences. Very sad.

The world would be better if people like this were simply dispatched of and forgotten about.

if any animal acted like many humans do, they would be put down.

Sadly it's another example of why stocks and/or the pillory should be brought back as a punishment, I'd get great pleasure from pelting dross like them with rotting stuff, not necessarily rotting fruit or veg either :bat:

That's absolutely disgusting!

It is not 'disgusting', it is DISGRACEFUL. had they tipped him into a cesspit, that would have been disgusting. A terrible event and one that is deplorable, but I fear it is down to a slackening of standards in all areas.

Mmm, in one post someone says that a person in a wheelchair gets robbed and it 'had to be Merseyside', and in another someone trots out the tired old cliche that Scouser's all steal wheels. Apparently it seems to be OK to disparage the people of Merseyside. :rolleyes:

I don't see people saying similar things about other areas of the country in any particularly negative ways, but then maybe I am not reading enough threads, and it goes on all the time. Hard to change reputations when people keep perpetuating age old stereotypes. :rolleyes:

OK? Moreover, it is to be positively encouraged. Geordies shouldn't be let off the hook either. Good old British banter, unfortunately being lost through a generation that has no shoulders or skin.

speechless

Absolutely disgusting.

Back