Badger

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Didn`t know where to put this, so stuck it in here.

Due to historic persecution, there has been a dearth of badgers on the estate where I go. Over the last three years or so, I have been trying to tempt them back with goodies.Success at last.

@HoppyUK thanks for the guidance and help with lighting, the problem has been solved.

Here we go. Johnny Kingdom the second:cool:

Here we go. Johnny Kingdom the second:cool:
No, just helping some wildlife out mate.

Now sling your hook out of my sensible thread.................:D

I love Johnny Kingdom, he's a god in my eyes so it was a compliment you nugget.

I love Johnny Kingdom, he's a god in my eyes so it was a compliment you nugget.
I did think initially think it was a compliment, but then thought, no way would Brash compliment me..........so I kinda took it wrong,sorry bud.

I did think initially think it was a compliment, but then thought, no way would Brash compliment me..........so I kinda took it wrong,sorry bud.

Never apologise, tiz a sign of weakness:)

@BRASH

My plan is working, taken a long time, but i`m getting closer.

Last edited:
Good to see him :)

Good to see him :)
Got more than one mate, that D3s is going to get some use soon,it will need very high ISO methinks.

Thanks Jason, waiting for the nights to get longer ,hopefully I can get some good shots of them.

Also, I need to make sure they are not disturbed in anyway.

Not bad at all for starters and look forward to some more (y)

Great work Ade, have you thought of putting some Peanuts out for them, they love em.

Thanks Neil and Rich.

Been putting fruit and peanuts out in the sett area for over a year now. We had very little badger signs on the estate, possibly down to historical persecution whilst it was a shooting estate, so we have been tempting them back slowly and are determined to give them a safe place to exist.

Been hard work and has tried my patience to some tune, but worth the effort in the end.

Thanks Neil and Rich.

Been putting fruit and peanuts out in the sett area for over a year now. We had very little badger signs on the estate, possibly down to historical persecution whilst it was a shooting estate, so we have been tempting them back slowly and are determined to give them a safe place to exist.

Been hard work and has tried my patience to some tune, but worth the effort in the end.

Good on you Ade, as you know they are a bit thin on the ground over this way.

Good on you Ade, as you know they are a bit thin on the ground over this way.
Yep, and we all bloody well know why as well..................:bat:

Once I get them settled, you must pop down one evening, only down the road from you Neil.

Thanks Jason, hopefully I can get some good still shots of these lovely creatures.

Good to see them all, one of my finest childhood memories was to go and spend a late evening sat in the darkened lounge at my uncles house and wait for the badgers to put in an appearance in his garden...I shall be keeping an eye on this thread for updates...and listening out for "my land" comments :D

Beautiful animals - good riddance to the cull I say!

No daylight appearance yet.

Nice to see an update, hopefully you'll get some daylight action soon
Hope so mate, be nice to get the youngsters when they arrive.

:LOL: though it has given me a horrid flash back to a documentary on channel four about nocturnal adult activities and one of the participants was in a badger mask :eek:

Agree getting to see the young will be special

:LOL: though it has given me a horrid flash back to a documentary on channel four about nocturnal adult activities and one of the participants was in a badger mask :eek:

Agree getting to see the young will be special
Yeah, I kinda felt like a peeping tom whilst going through the clips.

Update, no youngsters this year, but they are being well looked after.

Another visitor to the sett.

Shame about the lack of youngsters :( but nice to get an update, the fox didn't stick around too long
We think that both current badgers are young males Matt, hence no youngsters. I have been in contact with a national rehibilitation centre and the badger expert is looking at introducing some females. He has been to the estate before and is more than happy to help us in our quest to help the wildlife on there.

Foxes won`t argue with badgers, no natural uk animal will.

Last edited:
We think that both current badgers are young males Matt, hence no youngsters. I have been in contact with a national rehibilitation centre and the badger expert is looking at introducing some females. He has been to the estate before and is more than happy to help us in our quest to help the wildlife on there.

Foxes won`t argue with badgers, no natural uk animal will.

All sounds very positive for the future of the set, I didn't think a fox would tackle a badger or multiple badgers assumed the quick sniff was to assess if the set was active

I've been watching this thread with interest since you started it, Ade. Good to hear you have had success in attracting them; the videos are excellent (especially the one with badger sounds and the one of the fox near the sett) and to h

Good luck with getting some females. We have had two badgers visiting for couple of years but never seen any young/little ones so perhaps they too are of the same sex.

Dave

thanks all, keeping people away has been difficult, but we seem to be succeeding. Hopefully we can get some females and youngsters will come along. We have also looked at building an artificial sett further away in a wood on higher ground. This will be populated with rehabilitated badgers.

We have also looked at building an artificial sett further away in a wood on higher ground. This will be populated with rehabilitated badgers.

Good way to spread TB around.
You are aware you aren't supposed to be interfering with them *at all*?
This all sounds like an astonishingly ill-advised project.

Good way to spread TB around.
You are aware you aren't supposed to be interfering with them *at all*?
This all sounds like an astonishingly ill-advised project.
almost as much as your ill advised comments on something you have no idea about. The land owner will do what he likes on his land and will not be dictated to by any farmers from anywhere. There are no dairy herds anywhere near the locations , your misplaced outrage is of no consequence.

perhaps farmers should look at their own practices before blaming badger's for tb, or did badgers spread cjd and f&m as well.

ok, I don't want too start a argument about TB.

But I will say this, everything we are doing on the estate is above board and legit. We have got barn owl boxes up ,for example, the boxes are left alone, we do not intefere with them. If owls use them, great, they don't every year, but that is how it goes. The rehabilitated badgers are coming from a very large and well respected centre that is recognised for its excellence. Other mammals and birds will be given home on this estate as well.

persecution on this estate is a thing of the past, unless it involves grey squirrels or mink.
if some people don't like that, then so be it.

Back