bargain lighting set up £40

I don't know if you noticed, but we turned our room light off before turning ours on. I was very impressed with the amount of light from them. But even more impressed when I turned them off and turned the room light back on again... I can see now just how yellow tungsten light is :eek:

Yes i noticed this too :)

Similar to my Dynasun Flash thingy that I got the other week. Says Warehouse, UK but comes from Germany. Communications are really good as well. Mine came without a carry case so I emailed them and they said that they would give me a £1 refund but I said I would hold on til they got some more in. I didn't think I would get it or I would have problems but when I emailed them to remind them (as they had asked me to) they told me they had already posted it and it arrived the next day. (y)

Could someone post of the details on these (such as supplier, company in germany etc) as I would be interested in getting a set of these, and keep missing the eBay versions, but would be happy to go straight to the supplier.

Thanks

Be quick, only 8 sets!

£34.99 + £16.99 packaging now, so they are increasing every time they restock it seems!

CLICKY

What bulbs are they, are they bayonet or screw fitting? Are they the same size as standard bulb fitting?
Just wondering as I have a pair of tungsten lights which are very old. Mine come with huge 500watt Philips bulbs with a screw thread. Once these have gone I won't be able to get replacements - might be an idea to get some as replacements. Mine certainty warm my room up..:D

Be quick, only 8 sets!

£34.99 + £16.99 packaging now, so they are increasing every time they restock it seems!

CLICKY

7 now ;)

These are getting more expensive, think the seller has realised the potential for extra profit after seeing how much they fetch when users are willing to bid over £50 for them!

Be quick, only 8 sets!

CLICKY

Thanks Jo

What do you think of them are they worth it?. As for the cost increase, they may be getting hit the the exchange rate like everything else, so these are ot likely to go down in the hurry.

Yes :D

I was using two table lamps before, and they were murder to get right. But these give such lovely even light. OK so they aren't ubber bright, but they are enough for me to be happy spending almost £50 on. Now that's saying something believe me :LOL:

could some generous sort please point me in the direction of suitable brackets that would allow me to use my SB600 and SB800 with this kit?

cheers,

Rich

To give you a better idea of what I mean by even light:

Here is one from last night using the lights:

3064817117_c82a506808_o.jpg

And here is one from a little while ago using my table lamps:

3038797533_e39f4fd1c4.jpg

Ricky ~ sorry hon, I wouldn't know where to look. Hopefully someone will be able to help you with that soon.

Excellent, I just ordered a set, I had £40 sitting in my account and a 15% off voucher, so it was a no brainer.

Great shot of the cat by the way. The first questions was is it real, but the second image answered that question.

could some generous sort please point me in the direction of suitable brackets that would allow me to use my SB600 and SB800 with this kit?

cheers,

Rich

Hi Rich.

If you replace the brackets included in the kit with these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110315691699&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=120332854409&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42

then you can mount your flash rather than the lights.

You may need a trigger or cable, not sure about your guns, but I think this is what you were after.

Hi Rich.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110315691699&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=120332854409&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42

You may need a trigger or cable, not sure about your guns, but I think this is what you were after.

is it me or does it look like that flashgun isnt pointing to the centre of the umbrella??

is it me or does it look like that flashgun isnt pointing to the centre of the umbrella??

You may be right. Looks like the could be modded *** as the strobe holder is detachable - could wedge the back up a bit and all would be sorted

Hi Rich.

Yep that's the one i ordered yesterday but with a silver brolly, i had an email today to say it had been dispatched.

Does it need to be ? :thinking:

I was going to order a set of these today, but after calling the *Manchester* number, found out that the company is based in Hong Kong!

She said (in very broken English) that they would not arrive for at least 10 days now as it is their busy period.

So, ended up ordering a softbox (85w as opposed to 26w) instead from here http://www.backdropsource.co.uk/Productinfo.asp?id=1060&pname=50x70-economy-softbox-with-stand. Said it would be here by Tuesday at the latest. Also got 10% off coupon, but you have to call first.

I like the option of a more directional light too.

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

I was going to order a set of these today, but after calling the *Manchester* number, found out that the company is based in Hong Kong!

She said (in very broken English) that they would not arrive for at least 10 days now as it is their busy period.

So, ended up ordering a softbox (85w as opposed to 26w) instead from here http://www.backdropsource.co.uk/Productinfo.asp?id=1060&pname=50x70-economy-softbox-with-stand. Said it would be here by Tuesday at the latest. Also got 10% off coupon, but you have to call first.

I like the option of a more directional light too.

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Even though they are based in HK mine only took 5 days, also the lights are energy saving bulbs so they are quite a good output, looking on the site you linked to they look like the same bulbs.

Even though they are based in HK mine only took 5 days, also the lights are energy saving bulbs so they are quite a good output, looking on the site you linked to they look like the same bulbs.

Hi TG,

I think they are the same type of bulb (cold), by the watt output is different.

Well I took the plunge, figured you can never have too many lights and at least if they are no good for brightening up the B/G then I have spare hair lights! Thanks to the OP for bringing the e-bay listings to our attention! :)

No probelms I thought they were a good buy and like to spread the good news and hope others do the same with bargins that they find.

No probelms I thought they were a good buy and like to spread the good news and hope others do the same with bargins that they find.

Add the seller into your favourites in MyEBay, you wll then get a email notification when they get new stock in.

This is what I did, although Jo let us know as soon as they arrived.(y)

For anyone just interested in the stands, £30 free P+P HERE 80 set's available

Can we get some more thoughts on these, now that people should have been able to play with them for awhile.

I ordered a set of these last week and then got an e-mail saying they had been despatched. I've now received an e-mail from Paypal to say my money has been refunded but no explanation as to why. Anyone else who has ordered these recently had the same ?

regards David

I orderd mine on the 28th and haven't received any e-mails as of yet.

ignore that. just seen the e-mail. mine was shipped out on 2nd of December.

I've just sent an e-mail to find out whats happening. They were shipped on 3oth November :wacky:

David

Ordered mine on the 28th, no refund but no shipping email either :shrug: who knows whether I'll get them or not?

Looks like I may be on the look out for another Xmas present :thumbsdown: I'm out of ideas

I got a shipping notification out on the 2nd, so hopefully they will come sometime next week.:clap:

Just found some more £50 but free P+P Ebay shop HERE 10 sets available

EDIT... just noticed they don't include the bulbs, but still not bad if you want the stands and brollies.

:shrug: I ordered mine on the 28th too, nothing from them at all but the funds are out of my bank account. I've e-mailed them about it... their post does say that they will post on the saturday, so in theory their 7 days is up tomorrow! I've told them they have until Tuesday as I need them wednesday, so we will see I guess! :bat:

Just found some more £50 but free P+P Ebay shop HERE 10 sets available

EDIT... just noticed they don't include the bulbs, but still not bad if you want the stands and brollies.

Cheers for that! Any idea where I could get the bulbs from and how much they would cost if I was not to buy them through him?

Back