bargain lighting set up £40

Can't you buy higher watts though?

Lisa

even if you replace the bulbs, not a bad price at all.

It's only really the price of the stands and umbrellas anyway, the lights are "free", if you look at it that way then it's (y)

It looks like a bargain to me - if I had a use for such kit, I wouldn't hesitate!!

They have arrived and they are great and the bulbs are nice and bright.

Anybody know where I could get replacement bulbs when I need them?

This is a very good find (y), thanks you for sharing with us.

Out of curiousity, can the stand hold other light units (flash etc.)?

I really don't think you'll need replacement bulbs. My mate just got a set and they are great.

Those basing the light output on the power need to bear in mind that they are the same type as the energy saving bulbs, so the effective wattage is higher than the actual. Like the 8W energy bulkds you get with the 100W effective output.

I am going to be getting the very same set, based on his recommendations, and the fact for two stands and brollies, its a great price!

For the stands and brollys alone this cant be a bad deal eh?

I'd like to hear some feedback on the quality of those.

They are in my opinion very good.

I am setting them up today and having a really good go with them. I will post up some pics of the set up if anyones interested.

ROB....... I wont need replacement bulbs now but would like to have a spare set, how long do you think they will last? [eg 100 hours or less or more]

Hi

Yes please put some pics on asap of the set up.

Kind regards
Lisa

WAIL....not sure if it will hold what you want but maybe the pics will help

dont know how they work with the camera [maybe they dont]

no pics today as go to decorate the house for halloween

sorry and i have a wedding tomorrow and one on saturday

really sorry guys

I was onder the impression that they are continuous?......

They are in my opinion very good.

I am setting them up today and having a really good go with them. I will post up some pics of the set up if anyones interested.

ROB....... I wont need replacement bulbs now but would like to have a spare set, how long do you think they will last? [eg 100 hours or less or more]

They should last 10 to 13 times longer that incandescent. 10000 hours or so.
Some of these types are dimmable.....
It's a bloody bargain!
Nick

WAIL....not sure if it will hold what you want but maybe the pics will help

Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at the ebay site and the pictures posted there don't seem to give a clear indication if I could attach a flash to these stands or not.

Still, for £40, what you got is a great bargain (y); I am seriously thinking of getting one, once I see what results you can get out of it.

If it is not too much of a bother, please do post some shots.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking at the ebay site and the pictures posted there don't seem to give a clear indication if I could attach a flash to these stands or not.

Still, for £40, what you got is a great bargain (y); I am seriously thinking of getting one, once I see what results you can get out of it.

You can, but IIRC you'd need to take the current light fitting off and use a bracket like this one.

i got one of these from HK to hold a flash - the brolly's quite small but it dose the job the actual mount is very good.

Thanks Rob, now I'm even more tempted to go ahead and buy these.

If you do buy them go for the buy it now at £24..99 and £14.99 p/p

dont do the bidding ones

Thanks Rob, now I'm even more tempted to go ahead and buy these.

Thats my intention, eventually I'll have these, some PT-04''s, and a couple of SB24/26 flashes.

Then its onto my project to build a background support!!

If you do buy them go for the buy it now at £24..99 and £14.99 p/p

dont do the bidding ones

How come? If you don't mind me asking!

:Donly because the bidding ones are the same but go over the £40.:)

Why pay 50 when you can pay 40?

I've ordered a set. For £42.98 I reckon it's worth it just to find out - never too old to make a mistake or learn something!
Nick

No idea about soft boxes im afraid you guys are going way over my simple brain

Back