bargain lighting set up £40

***UPDATE***

After sending several e-mails to them, they have FINALLY got back to me. Apparently the current batch of lighting equipment has not yet passed quality control so they won't be sending any of them out and will offer a full refund on paypal. Not impressed as 1. They shouldn't list if they don't have the items, 2. It's taken 10 days to find this out and 3. It's going to cost me to get the money out of my paypal account!

Avoid using 'easytrack' if you haven't ordered one yet!!!

Thats such a shame mine came from easytrack and as the originalposter i feel a bit guilty.

although my transaction was without probs.

maybe is just the sheer speed that peeps are ordering.

I received my refund yesterday and got an e-mail of the reason why today. As said they shouldn't really list items that they can't sell. It was unfortunate but you shouldn't feel guilty as others have got these with no problem.

David

Thats such a shame mine came from easytrack and as the originalposter i feel a bit guilty.

although my transaction was without probs.

maybe is just the sheer speed that peeps are ordering.
Now that you have had these lights for a few weeks, what is your thoughts on them. My set is in the post apparently, and I was just interested in peoples viewing after having sometime to play with them.

No, no, you shouldn't feel guilty! It was a very helpful post!!! The only people at fault are easytrack for selling things they don't have ready! They have said that they have a batch waiting for quality control, so no doubt they will have more in a few weeks ready. I won't buy from them again, but they have many positive posts too!

To be honest I have only had them out a few times.

I think they are good and I just need to perfect my positioning of them.

No email and no refund so I'm guessing mine are in transit, I hope so or I need to think of 2 more Xmas presents for myself from family

I wont be getting mine either :(
I wont be happy if paypal charge me to transfer my money back to my bank account.

:shake: I'm sorry you're all having problems. Such a shame for you all ... I also feel guilty.

:shake: I'm sorry you're all having problems. Such a shame for you all ... I also feel guilty.

so you should. now to make up for it i'll take yours for a fiver! ;) :LOL:

:LOL: You know I did consider offering my set up to those of you who have missed out, but I need them at the moment ... sorry :( ;)

I have just seen from my Paypal that they refunded me my money, even though I received a mail last week saying it has been dispatched.

Some serious dodgy dealing, some negative feedback on the way.

I have just seen from my Paypal that they refunded me my money, even though I received a mail last week saying it has been dispatched.

Some serious dodgy dealing, some negative feedback on the way.

Why is it dodgy if you,ve had a refund :thinking: you never know if your lucky you might have got a refund and may still receive the lights :shrug:

Why is it dodgy if you,ve had a refund :thinking: you never know if your lucky you might have got a refund and may still receive the lights :shrug:

I never thought of that, Chrsitmas may come early, although considering I was mailed last Monday to say that they have been dispatched with Royal Mail and I still haven't received anything I doubt it.

May get lucky, but if not they should not sell stuff they do not have, that seems pretty dodgy.:|

I said I was unimpressed and that they'd broken our contract as well as leaving me without a Christmas present. I also told them I hoped that when they are back in stock they would offer me a set at a reduced price if not for free, doubt it will work but it can't hurt

I would all check your paypal account again for the refund. I have received mine, but it has been put on hold and according to paypal, it could be like this for anything up to 10 days.

After being on hold for 20 mins this morning they told me (in short) when you pay by paypal through your card or bank account, they take the money from your account and instantly pay the company, however, your money goes into a 'pot' of sorts and takes around 10 days for them to process and clear into paypals own account. Now, when the company you bought from gives you a refund, they won't put this back into your account until your original payment has cleared their account, and then they process the refund, which could take up to another 10 days!

Paypal do only put it back into your paypal account, but apparently do not charge for you to transfer into your bank account (so they say).

I would just say check that yours hasn't been put on hold, I wouldn't want any of you spending money that hasn't reached your account and getting into trouble!

I said I was unimpressed and that they'd broken our contract as well as leaving me without a Christmas present. I also told them I hoped that when they are back in stock they would offer me a set at a reduced price if not for free, doubt it will work but it can't hurt

I agree... and then to turn around and say "don't leave us neutral or negative feedback..." Hello? Did you not know about this problem 10 days ago when I made the purchase!?!?!?!? Stupid people! :wacky::nono:

I would all check your paypal account again for the refund. I have received mine, but it has been put on hold and according to paypal, it could be like this for anything up to 10 days.

After being on hold for 20 mins this morning they told me (in short) when you pay by paypal through your card or bank account, they take the money from your account and instantly pay the company, however, your money goes into a 'pot' of sorts and takes around 10 days for them to process and clear into paypals own account. Now, when the company you bought from gives you a refund, they won't put this back into your account until your original payment has cleared their account, and then they process the refund, which could take up to another 10 days!

Paypal do only put it back into your paypal account, but apparently do not charge for you to transfer into your bank account (so they say).

I would just say check that yours hasn't been put on hold, I wouldn't want any of you spending money that hasn't reached your account and getting into trouble!

Thats strange.

I paid for a ds game through pay pay and the next day was e mailed to say this game had already been sold and i would get a refund.

i did the same day the mistake was made, it showed up on my statement as £20 out on the 15th and £20 refunded on the 16th.

I got the e-mail telling me i have been given a refund.

Asked me to leave positive feedback, erm, send me the lights and stands for free and i will.

Negative feedback on the way for them.

This only happens if the funds come from your account. A portion of mine was paid for with existing paypal funds and some came from the account. The funds that came from the account were placed on hold. The other funds went through fine.

Got a reply from them when I asked them to offer a reduction or send it free when back in stock.

"Since we have made full refund for you, we are afraid we could not sell you at a reduced price even you won our item again."

I replied telling them that if they are available, but at a higher price, I would not be happy that they broke our contract then tried to make me pay more for the same item 3 weeks later

Got a reply from them when I asked them to offer a reduction or send it free when back in stock.

"Since we have made full refund for you, we are afraid we could not sell you at a reduced price even you won our item again."

I replied telling them that if they are available, but at a higher price, I would not be happy that they broke our contract then tried to make me pay more for the same item 3 weeks later

:LOL::LOL::LOL: refund!!! That would involve them actually giving good customer service! :thinking:

I ordered a set from Rocwing shop on e-bay on Monday, and they arrived today! yey!!! They are slightly more expensive... £82 with the postage. But they are a UK seller and you get the bulbs in with that price too! And a carry case. So for all you desperado's like me, worth the extra I believe. I'll be playing over the weekend, so will keep you updated! (y)

I sent them an email stating that i was unhappy to be told they had been despatched on 2nd and then to hear that i wont be getting them on 6th. but they still want positive feedback??? I've not heard anything back yet, looks like it will be negative feedback.

:shrug:I give some negative feedback today.

Question is, if they wouldn't sale them for quality reaosns. Should the people who have bought them be worried, what are the quality reasons.

Question is, if they wouldn't sale them for quality reaosns. Should the people who have bought them be worried, what are the quality reasons.

When did they tell you this, please tell.

"Dear valued customer,
We are deeply sorry to inform you that your order cannot be shipped out, because the new batch of stock still cannot pass our QC test. In order to ensure you receive quality item, we must not send those items to you. So we decide to make a full refund to you to prevent further delay on processing your order.
We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience we may have caused you. Please kindly understand that we make this decision based on your interest.
Please kindly consider not to leave any neutral/negative feedback for us and this is only an accident we did not expect to happen.
Getting 5 stars mean the world to us and in return we will stop at NOTHING to make you happy.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Thanks"

"Dear valued customer,
We are deeply sorry to inform you that your order cannot be shipped out, because the new batch of stock still cannot pass our QC test. In order to ensure you receive quality item, we must not send those items to you. So we decide to make a full refund to you to prevent further delay on processing your order.
We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience we may have caused you. Please kindly understand that we make this decision based on your interest.
Please kindly consider not to leave any neutral/negative feedback for us and this is only an accident we did not expect to happen.
Getting 5 stars mean the world to us and in return we will stop at NOTHING to make you happy.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Thanks"

Well if they are being honest here i don't see a problem as there saying "the new batch of stock" after all i think they may get lots of bad feedback if they sent out faulty batch's and the lights exploded or stands collapsed whilst being used, so in my mind there just covering themselves, but i fail to see how this would affect those of us who have already purchased them, as going by this they wouldn't have sent them out if they thought they were faulty, just my thoughts though :shrug:

what bugged me was being told it had been dispatched on 2nd dec, then getting this on the 6th.

Because we entered into a contract and they have backed out without any sort of compensation.

This was meant to be a Christmas present, they have let me down nor have they shown any remorse yet still have the cheek to ask for a 5 star rating

Because we entered into a contract and they have backed out without any sort of compensation.

This was meant to be a Christmas present, they have let me down nor have they shown any remorse yet still have the cheek to ask for a 5 star rating

But being unable to deliver in a reasonable timeframe they have offered a full refund. Sounds perfectly fair to me. Ok, they said it was on its way, but this was based on the fact that the next batch was scheduled to be ready immenently. I think that compared to many on the Bay, they appear VERY reasonable :shrug:

But being unable to deliver in a reasonable timeframe they have offered a full refund. Sounds perfectly fair to me. Ok, they said it was on its way, but this was based on the fact that the next batch was scheduled to be ready immenently. I think that compared to many on the Bay, they appear VERY reasonable :shrug:

I agree entirely, also how would you have felt if they sent you out a faulty product due to not being properly passed by their QC, then you would of had all the hassle of returning, exchanging emails etc etc, there are many on ebay who wouldn't give a toss, ok no one is saying you have to leave good feedback, but why not just stay neutral and don't leave any feedback at all.

Ok, so I was going to leave them neutral feedback due to the fact the did refund in the end (although it did take a few e-mails to get a response from them!). However, I just noticed that someone who brought the item AFTER me has received theirs! And I paid straight away so can't be the 'they must have paid before you' reason... pft! negative feedback and the first negative I've ever left!

This was the e-mail that I received

Dear valued customer,
Thanks and Best Regards,
Thanks

eBay id: easytrack

And I've been cheeky and kind of lied a little to see what they do with the idea that there might be potential sales from me lol. Lets see what happens.

First off I would like to thank you for your kind e-mail dated Monday 8th December.

I am however a little confused as to why I received an e-mail stating the lighting kit had been dispatched to me, and to now be advised that the order has been cancelled.

I am a little worried that there maybe an inherant fault with this product as I was recommended the product from friend of mine. I intended to use this lighting kit during the Photography Studios that I run to show to my students that there are alternatives to the expensive equipment. I currently have 30+ ametuer photography students that would of been able to try out these entry level lighting kits and could of potentially given you ALOT more business.

You've stated that you will stop at NOTHING to make me happy (and in this case my students). Yet all you have provided me with is a refund. The money is not what I had intended of obtaining due to the inconvience and waste of time that you have caused me. I trust that you will be able to offer me an acceptable price on a set of this lighting kit when they do pass your quality control so that these can be used in my workshops.

We do already have a full studio setup but wished to show the ametuer photographers that they can purchase a much cheaper alternative for them to use at home.

Until this issue is resolved then I'm afraid I wont be able to leave any feeback. Should this issue not be resolved at all then I will be left with no choice but to leave you Negative feedback.

I trust that you will resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Darren Thorndick

(y)

Back