Bargains Thread

I'm looking at an RB67...

It wants me.

Do you think my wife would notice?

... if it just slips in quietly?

Do you think my wife would notice?

... if it just slips in quietly?

erm well it's hardly pocket size is it :D

Can't you sort of have her occupied doing her nails or summat when the postie arrives:naughty::D

It is a touch... big :)

Have it shipped to mine, I'll drop it up the hill, you can tell her it's in exchange for the XA plus if I do that a few times my wife might belive me when I try and pull it on something I intend to keep. :)

I once tried to quietly slip in something big.

Being single isn't so bad.

The court order's a pain though.

Why does it have to be so far away I need to get a scanner for all my grand parents negatives but its 80 miles away

Why does it have to be so far away I need to get a scanner for all my grand parents negatives but its 80 miles away
90 minutes each way through some beautiful countryside, sounds like a day out to me.

Just emailed them!

Well its a good excuse if the weather is good over the weekend to give my classic Mini a good run! (If its wet the new MINI will go instead!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I used to find the same with mine although they weren't exactly built for comfort :0)

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459775355.327812.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459775361.795146.jpg

The guy that bought my blue mini actually got the train up to Liverpool from Norwich then drove the mini back home, braver man than me!

Very smart.

I've done Lands End to John O'Groats (2000 miles in a week with 2 of us and camping gear etc) 3 times the first 2 were in classics (once in my brothers 1999 Downton Sport 40 with a 5 speed box complete with straight cut gears fun on the twisty stuff but not so much on the 500 mile trek home! the Second was in my 1999 Downton Sport Touring (the one in my profile picture) a but more refined the last time last year was in our MINI Countryman oh the luxury being able to stretch out while driving (not quite as much fun but it kept the classics in front along the one bit of road which was basically a 40 mile rally track!

Still waiting for a reply form the seller

Sounds like a good selection of cars there. The ad for the scanner has a mobile number listed as well, might be worth dropping them a text or call instead of waiting for them to check email.

Yes I'll send them a text in a bit

There are another 2 in the collection (I have a slight problem with collecting Minis! We also have a 1969 MK Morris Super Deluxe 1000 (my first car) and a 1968 Wolsley Hornet MKIII witha 1380 and 5 speed straight cut box (so what is meant to be a quite luxury Mini is a bit of an screaming rocket!)

a word of caution for anyone who got some film on the ebay 20% off thing. I ordered what i thought was a box of 120 portra 400 from allcam_uk, it was described as 120 on the advert but with a 5x4 photograph. One of those generic looking ones that bulk sellers seem to slap on everything. Anyway, i assumed the description was correct but i got a box of 5x4 portra 400 turn up instead. Now, im not too bothered as i have a Wista and it only cost me just over £20 which is a huge bargain :) But anyone expecting 120 from this guy, watch out.

Can you scan 110 and 120 film with the scanner the seller doesn't think so bit I thought I'd ask here too

Definitely not 120 - dedicated 120 scanners cost a pretty packet. Not sure if there are adapters for 110 available - as it's a smaller film stock it would fit in the scanner!

I think I might have scanned a few 110 frames in a Plustek 7500i. IIRC it was a PITA. You have to put a film into a film holder to get it into the slot, and I only have 135 neg strip or mounted slide holders. The frame sizes naturally didn't match, so had to keep taking the film holder out to readjust for each frame. It's doable but I wouldn't!

Ok so after a little bt of research. Ok a very quick google I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110-film-adapter-for-Plustek-Opticfilm-film-scanners-/281732569707 might be worth looking at if I get the scanner

Looks a good choice. OTOH if you got the more flexible Epson V500 (etc) flatbed scanners, you could scan it straight onto the glass, I suppose (and also do 120 later, if you wanted). @Carl Hall (I think) did a thread recently showing results not that much difference from using a proper film holder...

Looks a good choice. OTOH if you got the more flexible Epson V500 (etc) flatbed scanners, you could scan it straight onto the glass, I suppose (and also do 120 later, if you wanted). @Carl Hall (I think) did a thread recently showing results not that much difference from using a proper film holder...

Actually a flatbed may be better I do have a HPScanjet 3530c sitting under my desk at work but have no idea how it compares to the Epson V500

Actually a flatbed may be better I do have a HPScanjet 3530c sitting under my desk at work but have no idea how it compares to the Epson V500
There's no light in the lid, so the HP scanner won't scan film - the film scanning flatbeds are all very tall compared to normal scanners in order to incorporate the required light source in the lid!

The V500 and their ilk have a lamp in the top cover which shines through the negative. A normal scanner won't manage to scan film.

There's no light in the lid, so the HP scanner won't scan film - the film scanning flatbeds are all very tall compared to normal scanners in order to incorporate the required light source in the lid!
Thanks for that I'll have a look on ebay.

easier to sneak in past the missus than the RB67 eh??? :naughty::D
I've been looking at Mamiya 645s and reckoned I could slip one in...

... and then she came in from work and said she had transferred money to our son as he's a bit short for his ski holiday and our daughter needs some for her uni digs...

I'll have to work a bit more :)

Back