Bargains Thread

Oops, oversight on my part - that makes sense. That said, they can be surprisingly good - I once had a Leningrad 7 or 8, with a selenium cell, that was accurate to within a stop.

From what I can see, the Soviet stuff was designed very well (ie, they stole them) but the actual quality depended on how corrupt the factory boss was and how drunk the assembler was on the day :D

Welwyn Garden City

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/medium-format-cameras/1159852955

Yashica Mat and a Lubitel for £30 - I'm not sure which Mat it is, most likely the original one, and there looks to be a bit of paint loss on the back door and the waist level viewfinder. But the leather case is generally a good sign, especially since it hopefully will have protected the front elements. Ensure that the camera stands straight and the back door isn't damaged or deformed in any way, and ensure that the shutter is not too sticky.

Was just browsing the Calumet website to buy some more film, and I see they have a 10% off discount code for film before the end of March, just by using the voucher code DEVELOPING. Their prices are actually incredibly good anyway, and if you spend £50 or more it's free next day delivery too, which is ace.

I ordered about £80 worth, starting with some TriX 120. So far I've received 3 large parcels via 2 different courier companies on different dates. The TriX is still on back order! This is a pain in the butt because each time the doorbell rings with a guy holding a large box I have to explain myself to SWMBO again!

Welwyn Garden City

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/medium-format-cameras/1159852955

Yashica Mat and a Lubitel for £30 - I'm not sure which Mat it is, most likely the original one, and there looks to be a bit of paint loss on the back door and the waist level viewfinder. But the leather case is generally a good sign, especially since it hopefully will have protected the front elements. Ensure that the camera stands straight and the back door isn't damaged or deformed in any way, and ensure that the shutter is not too sticky.

Thanks, popping over to look at them tonight

Thanks, popping over to look at them tonight

Great, look forward to hearing about it. The WLF are always a little bit loose on the Yashica Mats, so don't worry about that. It should also have a pop out magnifier within the hood, ensure that the glass is not cracked/missing. In addition to the back door, ensure that the front plate with both lenses is not dented or deformed, since that often screws up the focus/sharpness on the film.

Well I got them although I probably shouldn't have. It really has seen better days and will need some tlc to get it back into life again. But it's a work in progress on the side. The lenses are clean and no big dents or lose bits other than the film pressure plate losing a rivet and swinging a bit loose and the shutter button sticks but I think it's salvageable and for the few quid it cost will be worth it. The lubitel for what it's worth looks mint.

Cheers I'll give them an email when I get to that point. My mamiya 6 has a light leak though so that's top of the expenses list at the moment

Bournemouth (two listings):

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/nikon-fm3a-black-35mm-slr-film-camera/1160437159

FM3A for £180, a good price for a modern classic

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/nikon-fm2-slr-35mm/1160467892

FM2 and lenses for £80 - the FM2 itself is probably worth about £70-90, and it's got a few Nikon looking lenses on it. The lens attached to the camera looks like a 135mm f/2.8 non-AI (although it's worrying that it is attached to the FM2 - it may have an AI conversion kit, it may not). Not necessarily a bargain, but definitely worth checking out what the other lenses are.

Sheldon, Birmingham

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/selection-of-lenses/1160427751

This is a really random lot of lenses for £50, lots of short telephotos, but definitely worth a look. Highlights include:
Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 (possibly M42 mount) - nicknamed "bokeh monster" because they have 15 aperture blades
Olympus OM 135mm f/3.5
Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5
Ricoh 50mm f/2

Along with a Zenit TTL (which will probably have a Helios 58 attached) and a Praktica LTL3.

Spent £70 on a Sigma 28-300 for my 5D. Not remotely uber quality but it is a little better than I expected, so it just scrapes in as a bargain!

the mamiya? theres a light leak, or what i think is a leak, creeping in somewhere so its off to Miles Whitehead for a dose of looking at. No idea how much it will be until he's checked it over.

Wow, that's a bargain.

the mamiya? theres a light leak, or what i think is a leak, creeping in somewhere so its off to Miles Whitehead for a dose of looking at. No idea how much it will be until he's checked it over.

So I looked up your whats happened here thread, I'm tending to think its not the camera.
I've not seen many leaks that aren't the bellows, it just doesn't look like a bellows leak.
Ain't gonna do it no harm having a tickle at MW though, even if there's no leak its piece of mind that everything else is in order.

Yeah I'm thinking what happened went on outside the camera. I put a roll through it, left the lens cap off and the darkslide/curtain open and kens extended for a few days, shot the roll, left it in the camera for a few more days and it developed without a mark on it. I'm still a little paranoid about shooting anything important though.

A few email codes came through today for easter sales...

Permajet: 20% off everything 20TPS16
Silverprint: 10% off everything EASTER10

and AG have 10% off everything automatically taken off at checkout.

Chorley, Lancs

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/nikon-cameras-and-telescope/1160627896

£15 for a Nikkormat (perhaps an FTn), a Nikon film camera from the late 80s/early 90s on the right, with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 attached, and another lens (perhaps a newer 50mm) attached to the Nikkormat.
Hi I have been on about this and emailing this woman
she said total including postage to ireland is 20.00 pounds
she gave me a bank account number for transfer.
then got back to me saying the post was a 11.80 and a different bank account number
is this a bit fishy?
anyone here near chorley lanchshire to check it out
thanks

No i thought i would hold off to suss it a bit more

Good!

I've never used Gumtree but I see they state quite clearly

"Meet face to face, never send payment for items you've not seen"

Personally, I'd not do it. You could ask someone to collect for you, as you've sort of done, or you could pay the money and hope this person sends you the stuff.

Just to be clear, she is now asking for £21.80 rather than £20?

There might be no issue, but I wouldn't risk it with no protection at all.

Wise feed back, and gut instinct says don’t send it
Greed and bargain says send it and cut your loss
she said the nikkormat has a 28mm lens hmmmm
thanks simon

Wise feed back, and gut instinct says don’t send it
Greed and bargain says send it and cut your loss
she said the nikkormat has a 28mm lens hmmmm
thanks simon

ask her to put it on ebay as a BIN.
That way you can pay by PayPal and have customer protection.
Fair enough there are fees involved but perhaps you could offer to cover them not that they'll amount to much on a twenty odd quid sale ......If the gear is a true bargain then two or three quid in fees is worth it imo.

I'm working in the morning but I'll give them a phone...

I have pills available if you want .......

For GAS :ROFLMAO:

They're not very effective though, even a triple dosage didn't stop me recently buying an XA in classifieds:confused::D

This is what happens when I'm away for a few days. I miss the eBay offer and now a decent looking 645 for beer money. Typical.

This is what happens when I'm away for a few days. I miss the eBay offer and now a decent looking 645 for beer money. Typical.

I sent an email and didn't get a reply. The ad is closed now.

I sent an email and didn't get a reply. The ad is closed now.
:( looks like you missed it then ...shame as it would have been nice to have gone to you or someone else on here ........maybe it did, I wonder??.....Come on whoever got it, own up!:D

Back