Bargains Thread

Trowbridge, Wiltshire, £40

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/canon-a1-with-six-lenses-and-accessories/1172366924

For 40 quid, this haul is unbelievable. Canon A-1, 50mm f/1.4, 28mm f/2.8, 24mm f/2.8, 100mm f/2.8, along with the 199A flash unit, a couple of zoom lenses, and there are apparently boxes for lots of the bits. If I was any closer I'd snap this up in a heartbeat!

Oh wow, something close-ish to me for once :D I'm going to email now and try and snap that up :D Cheers for the heads up (y) :)

WILD GOOSE CHASE ALERT GLASGOW

Bumped into a young couple on holiday this week and he had just bought her a Zenith-E with standard lens for £20. It was a Moscow Olympics 1980 special edition in really great condition, and he had got it in the Barnardo's shop in Glasgow's Merchant City last Monday. It was apparently part of a collection of Soviet cameras which the collector had donated to Barnardo's, and it certainly didn't show signs of much use if any. No idea what else there might be, but passing this on for info to those in the area. I was able to show them how to set the film speed and how the meter worked, so hopefully a few photos will come out from their first adventure with film!

I've also had an email from Jack The Hat saying that there is 10% off everything for the next 4 days only by entering a discount code of TENPERCENT at the checkout. He seems to stock a fair bit of Fomapan if that's of interest, plus some Fuji 200.

https://www.jackthehat.co.uk/film-c-77.html

Not sure how an OM10 would function after 10 years, but possibly worth it for the lenses alone if we only knew what they are.
my thoughts where similar really. if I lived a bit closer id take a look

That's a ridiculous price @ 175 euros...an offer of 50 euros is better.

well if you consider the exchange rate it brings it to 150.0stg
then the bargaining say 30.00 off that
so 60.00 for a lens 1.4 and 60.00 for a body?
not to bad. have a look at the other wacky cameras the person has.
i have no affiliation with this person...

it represents a high point of camera development. The AE-1 has every feature needed for great photos, and none of the junk features that have been added in the past couple of decades that makes most modern cameras unusable unless you carry — and read — a 300-page manual.

Love it! :) (but not buying it!)

H'mm Oh well I'm probably outa touch as I buy my gear from bootsales or gumtree e.g. Canon A1 and 50mm f1.4 for £35 and 2 months ago Minolta XD-11 with Minolta 50mm f1.4 Rokkor X for £15

Portsmouth, £50

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digit...mm-camera-and-lenses-in-camera-bag/1179012862

Black OM1s are relatively unusual, and I personally think look fantastic. The second photo shows very little brassing - I think this camera was bought and looked after well (original Tokina caps, Hoya filters etc.). Haggle down to £40 and I reckon you've got a nice little kit, especially if you sell one or both zooms.

I'm tempted, and I still have my original OM1 (chrome, single owner, careful driver - the gin bottles under the pentaprism were factory supplied, honest guv).

It looks really good in the black paint. If it was an OM2n and closer to London, I'd be there pronto!

I had a full suite of the reasonable priced chrome ones but I gave most away to better homes. Still trying to decide whether to keep my om1.

Just posted a developing reel and some 120 film canisters in the freebies section - need them gone ASAP!

Last edited:
I haven't kept my eye on Gumtree much, but this was posted a few days ago and I think it's a good deal.

Leicester, £20

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/pentax-asahi-spotmatic-spf-1-2-55-vgc/1180477339

Black Spotmatic Fs are great looking cameras, and in combination with the late SMC lenses, don't have all the awkward stopped down metering that the earlier cameras have. They also do not require voltage conversion with batteries, so you can use normal 1.5V cells with them. There is some brassing, but considering black paint cameras show up brassing quite easily, I think the condition is likely to be good.

Back