Bargains Thread

Actually, thanks for the offer but I've just figured out a way to keep the original winding knobs on the body and still rewind the 35mm spool without any permanent modifications :0). I'll update my build thread in a minute.

Also, if anyone in or around Cardiff fancies building a collection of Pentax MEs, there are 3 for £20 with lenses!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/3-pentax-me-super-may-be-working-/1181724455

All three bodies are bust, in different ways, but I'm not disappointed. The lenses were worth the £20, and hopefully people will be interested in the bodies for spares-and-repairs on eBay.

Of course, he didn't just have those ME Supers. I ended up buying two Olympus XA2s (one works, one doesn't), a Praktika with a zebra CZJ Tessar, a Nikon FG body (seems to work), and an Olympus OM1n with a 1.8 50mm (seems to work fine).

All three bodies are bust, in different ways, but I'm not disappointed. The lenses were worth the £20, and hopefully people will be interested in the bodies for spares-and-repairs on eBay.

Of course, he didn't just have those ME Supers. I ended up buying two Olympus XA2s (one works, one doesn't), a Praktika with a zebra CZJ Tessar, a Nikon FG body (seems to work), and an Olympus OM1n with a 1.8 50mm (seems to work fine).
Sounds like a good day's hunting.

Yeah I was going to bid, then I saw they'd dropped the free shipping... still it's in carp condition and doesn't even have a lens... sour grapes, me? :(

I got a slight buyer beware from that advert as well - that said, lots of people work in that area and the camera will probably be snapped up quickly (probably already!).

This doesn't look any more 'dodgy' to me than the majority of ads on ebay/gumtree. It's a reasonable price for an F2

Hi
So is this the best forum for selling old camera films?
It can be, it depends what you're selling. It also appears from your user name that you're a trader in which case you best get in contact with the great admin in the sky as I understand there are different rules for traders.

Hi
Not with this collection but there is so much that ebay would only increase my limits if i changed to a business seller.
If you were just looking to use this forum as an outlet you'll find your access severely restricted if you don't engage with the rest of the forum. The occasional sale of excess equipment and consumables is fine but if you're just looking for a cheap alternative to ebay you're probably looking in the wrong place. As I said earlier if you want to trade on the forum ask the admin folk and ask for their terms and conditions.

Hi
So is this the best forum for selling old camera films?
There are specific forums for classified sales, that is for contributing members, (no selling out side those forums)
you need 25 posts and 60 days membership to access it.
If you wish to register as a trader, and over-ride those restrictions, use the contact us button on the bottom right of every page.

This will explain the system for "normal" members.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/classifieds-forums-the-ratio-explained.126/

Last edited:
That's probably what the brainwashed digi guys think on the other side :D

Oh yes not only the "other" (digi) side but we also have a "senior moment" side too ...specifically reserved for Brian:ROFLMAO:

If my birthdays keep coming around as fast as the last one a couple of days back, Brian will soon have company with his "moments"!!:confused::D

Definitely. Buyer beware, especially when something looks too good to be true. Looking at their other items for sale they don't jump out as a scammer but i'd definitely wanting a cash deal.

If anyone sees a MJU 2 for sale <100 let me know. You guys have helped me out a lot in the past!

Well IMO compact cameras with zooms lenses are not so good as fixed lens ones for sharp results. My wife used an Olympus 105g that I got her and I wasn't impressed by the results....but if you don't mind, zooms are very handy.

Last edited:
Back