Bargains Thread

It's 'Chains' followed by 'Fake', I think. If you do a search in the F&C forum thread list you should find the challenge topics. (y)

Edit: Sorry, slightly late post, I think I was on the wrong page!

Last edited:
Anyone in South Wales able to collect looking for an enlarger might get a bargain.

Some things I noticed:
- it looks like the main enlarger bulb is gone, and the only light is the ones illuminating the colour adjusters (no light on baseboard and no colour added to light from adjusters).
- focusing knob on the right hand side is missing - no biggie as you can use one on the left.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPL-Colo...neider-lens-componar-c-2-8-50-mm/202262114932

My ColorPlus has arrived too, August 19 exp date, but most of it should have been used by then or I won't have been trying very hard! I'll freeze 5 and fridge 5 to be on the safe side though. My fridge is looking quite well stocked at the moment. :)

loaded a film into the canon, really nice and bright outside, 10 minutes to get me stuff together , walk outside, clouds come over and starts lashing down with rain......excellent

Been there, done that. :D

It's even worse when you go somewhere further afield and the you can see the conditions getting worse as you get close to your destination. Or the weather forecast predicts perfect conditions for what you want to do and then lets you down.

It's maddening, but there's nothing that can be done about it other than to try and adapt to the conditions at hand.

Been there, done that. :D

It's even worse when you go somewhere further afield and the you can see the conditions getting worse as you get close to your destination. Or the weather forecast predicts perfect conditions for what you want to do and then lets you down.

It's maddening, but there's nothing that can be done about it other than to try and adapt to the conditions at hand.

Oh I did, I came back in the house and out the kettle on haha

loaded a film into the canon, really nice and bright outside, 10 minutes to get me stuff together , walk outside, clouds come over and starts lashing down with rain......excellent

Precisely why my B&W stock gets a lot more use than my colour film!

Could anyone save me trawling the web and know where is the best priced place for Ilford Super XP2?

Postage is your enemy. For a few rolls of 35mm, you might be best trying your local Boots, assuming they have their "buy one get one half price" deal still (it may not be advertised, test it at the till).

Home and my Colorplus delivered. Spooky day as I got talking to a guy in Bristol earlier and we discussed photography. He dropped the fact he had an EOS 3 kit that belonged to his late father he wanted to move on..... I am getting a look on Friday!

Could anyone save me trawling the web and know where is the best priced place for Ilford Super XP2?

Damn, I thought I'd found you some at a decent price via an ebay shop but it turned out to be for a confusingly described (in my opinion) pack of 5 x 24 exposure 35mm rolls of XP2, which apparently adds up to 120 shots... hence the 120 in the description title! You have to be careful reading the description don't you? I've not seen '120' used in a product description like that before, has anyone else?

I can't find anything cheaper than the WEX price quoted above for XP2 in 120 at the moment. Prices do seem to vary over time, so maybe just buy a roll or two and wait to see if any deals appear for a pack of 5 and then stock up?

Last edited:
Just looked back through my email in-box and I paid £22.99 for 5 x rolls of XP2 120 (including delivery) last October, so it seems the prices do vary a bit. So as I said, maybe get a couple of rolls to tide you over and wait to pounce if you see 5 or 10 rolls going for handy money? (y)

Thanks guys. I wonder how difficult it would be to get a wholesale account for film. I've seen a few online, not sure they'd accept my dads cobbler shop as an acceptable retailer lol

If you know someone with a business you might be able to get the VAT back...if your dad wanted to advertise his shop with photos, that could be an idea.

That’s what I was thinking, I’ve got a few days off work after today so im going to do a bit more digging

My son does garden landscaping and is recommended for example by http://www.londonstone.co.uk/landscaper-and-garden-designer/baker-gardens erm but he takes all his shots of his work with his mobile and video :( anyway when I have at times giving him receipts they are so small they sorta get lost and I never get any money o_O erm well a few quid is a few quid :D

Salford, £20

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digital-cameras/pentax-film-camera/1292192757

Pentax ME which looks pretty well used, a 200mm f/4, but most importantly a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4. Also looks well used but they are pretty tough lenses.

I have a couple of the 50mm f/1.4 M lenses and it is a lovely lens. It also works well on my Canon kit with an adapter. (Manual mode only!). The 200mm is a good performer and relatively plentiful.

You do not see the manual ME in black too often. More ME Super tend to bd around.

All in the star is the 50mm which, if picked up below £50 is a bargain, for £20 a bargain.

You do not see the manual ME in black too often. More ME Super tend to bd around.

All in the star is the 50mm which, if picked up below £50 is a bargain, for £20 a bargain.

I've sent a message about it, just waiting for a reply. The ME is Auto, 100x or B not manual.

I've sent a message about it, just waiting for a reply. The ME is Auto, 100x or B not manual.

Mixed it up with the MX for some mad moment

Strange as I have all the Pentax M bodies including the ME-F!

If you see am M 85mm f/2 for £25 grab it too - it’s a cracker!

Good luck!

Steve

Back