Bargains Thread

Got a 2 pack of SR-44 batteries from Maplin today for £2.99. 50% off in a closing down sale. Still not as cheap as online admittedly but a bearable price for 2 of them. Any wonder they went to the wall trying to sell 2 of them for £5.99 originally?

Got a 2 pack of SR-44 batteries from Maplin today for £2.99. 50% off in a closing down sale. Still not as cheap as online admittedly but a bearable price for 2 of them. Any wonder they went to the wall trying to sell 2 of them for £5.99 originally?
That's what I said. Their CR123 and CR2s are about £6 each, you can get 2 pair for that on eBay.

Might be a bargain Minolta X-300 (good basic camera) with a 35-70mm zoom..well I can't see clearly in the picture but the zoom looks like mine which is the same one used on a Leica (when Minolta and Leica co-operated) and is very good. If not and the ordinary Minolta zoom, then for a newbie it's still a good combo if you can get it for under £20.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minolta-...115521&hash=item2aa4a2de63:g:eksAAOSwWCBau2G7

I bought a couple of bags in Poundland, and so far have only needed the first bag. A problem I have is getting them out when the chems are exhausted, they tend to fall into the sink and a few break each time. Maybe I'll need that second bag one day!

I bought a couple of bags in Poundland, and so far have only needed the first bag. A problem I have is getting them out when the chems are exhausted, they tend to fall into the sink and a few break each time. Maybe I'll need that second bag one day!

Sieve!

Hasselblad used to have an advert offering one of their cameras completely free if you were prepared to collect it. It was the one NASA left on the moon.

Have a word with Elon Musk - he might be able to help you retrieve it.

Portra 400 in 120 format on eBa y for £32.99 with free delivery from Carmarthen Cameras. Sorry I haven't got a link.

Use a seive :)

You and @steveo_mcg both. I think I'd have to make sure my OH was well out of the way, not sure what she'd think of my pouring used up developer through her sieves!
Treat yourself to one next time you're in Poundland then. (y) (I'm more of a Poundworld guy as it's handier)

Last edited:
Portra 400 in 120 format on eBa y for £32.99 with free delivery from Carmarthen Cameras. Sorry I haven't got a link.

I think the 120 may have gone, but the 5-packs of 135 Portra 400 at £39.99 with free delivery are currently pretty competitive. Portra 160 at £37.99...

However their 5-pack of Acros 120 is dearer than Silverprint's by quite a lot (though their postage is cheaper, unless you go wild with Silverprint... which I just did!).

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but WEX are offering 10% off film for the month of April with this voucher code: FILM-0418

As today is 30 April, this would be your last opportunity to avail this offer.

I've picked up about 12 boxes of Fuji Pro 400H at £26.99 a pop. It's a shame that WEX don't seem to carry Ektar or Portra 800 though, as Calumet once did.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but WEX are offering 10% off film for the month of April with this voucher code: FILM-0418

As today is 30 April, this would be your last opportunity to avail this offer.

I've picked up about 12 boxes of Fuji Pro 400H at £26.99 a pop. It's a shame that WEX don't seem to carry Ektar or Portra 800 though, as Calumet once did.

Mind you their prices have gone up hugely... Tri-X from £5 at Calumet to £6.99!!! :( Ilford prices are pretty good though.

EDIT: I think AG would still be cheaper for Tri-X even with the discounts, though it's a while since I checked them. They do a 5% 10-pack discount usually.

Last edited:
Notting Hill, London - £70

https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digit...r-35mm-film-camera-w-original-case/1297730562

I'm surprised this is still for sale - if you look carefully, the lens on this camera appears to be an SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 M42, which is easily worth the asking price. The seller also seems pretty keen to get rid and is keen on offers - I'd be surprised if they declined £50. I have emailed and they have confirmed the camera is in good working condition.

The only reason I haven't picked it up is because I remembered I still have a Spotmatic F, with a 50mm f/1.4, that I bought in West London, still waiting for a test roll... :banana:

@ChrisR The ad that freecom2 has linked to also has other Pentax lenses for sale. One of them is the 28-80 which you have in your list as a probable/possible rotating front element, so maybe worth an email to ask? She's in Notting Hill, though, so not sure if she might post?
https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digit...macro-zoom-lens-pentax-camera-lens/1297862882

That's one you need to watch out for! It's NOT the SMC Pentax-A 28-80, but the un-coated Pentax-A 28-80. I got caught by something similar before, only the seller had actually listed it as SMC when it wasn't, so had to take it back. The SMC one has a Pentaxforums user rating of 8.5, the uncoated Pentax-A has a rating of 6.6 (below what I'd consider), while the Takumar-A (also K-mount) has a rating of 4.7!

But thanks for the thought, anyway.

Local Boots had Lomography 120 C41 film, 3 pack for £6.70. Buy 2 packs get second half price. So 6 films for £10.05. I cleaned out the Crewe Grand Junction branch. (They only had 2 packs).

Local Boots had Lomography 120 C41 film, 3 pack for £6.70. Buy 2 packs get second half price. So 6 films for £10.05. I cleaned out the Crewe Grand Junction branch. (They only had 2 packs).

Well thanks for that.....:confused::D

Is that the 400 speed one? Did it have a reduced sticker on, or did it come up on the till at that price?

They were the 400. Reduced on shelf from £9.99 to £6.70 and then the reduction for multi-save

Lomography film? I don't know... you'll be growing a beard, wearing jeans at half-mast and drinking craft coffee out of jam jars next, David! It's a slippery slope! ;)

Surprised to see the Spotmatic F and the fast 50 still for sale! One of the most developed M42 cameras with one of the best Pentax standard lenses.

Lomography film? I don't know... you'll be growing a beard, wearing jeans at half-mast and drinking craft coffee out of jam jars next, David! It's a slippery slope! ;)

Craft Coffee ??

Is that Camp coffee or some hipster sooperlatte-frappachino-skinnybeansin tipple I've never heard of..:)

my Dad drinks Camp Coffee....its foul and he's an idjut....but that's dads for you

I've just noticed Jessops are doing Delta 400 120 film for £3.97. They have it listed twice on the website though, which leads me to wonder if the cheaper one is near dated. https://www.jessops.com/p/ilford/delta-400-120-roll-18622

well its gone now, back up to £9 a roll.......NINE............QUID...o_O

haven't bottomed a cheapest but happened to notice FFordes are selling it for £4.70

9 QUID......srsly

Delta 400 120 film for £3.97

I haven't used this film before so I ordered 5 rolls at the reduced price. Wish I had ordered more as I can't see me using this film again at the new price!

Back