Bats!!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just been standing outside getting some cool fresh air and it seems we have bats - loads of 'em flitting about among the trees... tiny little things. Now how to get a shot? :thinking:

i suggest finding the roost, gassing the little bleeders and snapping away until your happy.

don't think it's legal to gas bats though

LOL probably as good a plan as any FB. You can get infra red triggers so they effectively take their own pic when they break the beam, but I don't think I'll be going that far!

Google seems to think they're probably the Common Pipistrelle variety.

It's a ground floor flat KIM. I wonder where they sleep during the day though? :thinking:

Hey CT,
camera might have been a bit shaky but, I bet you to the bats .....

BatNails-512-1.jpg

Well sort of :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

CT said:
It's a ground floor flat KIM. I wonder where they sleep during the day though? :thinking:

Have you checked your wardrobe :)

No really any churches near by? or any old factories

They are really beautiful creatures if you do see them still. My bro's a vicar and always suffered from bats in his belfrey. (Think he got the ointment now though)

Glo - those nails are stunning :) - well done

Them's some wickid nails Gloria! :nuts:

Did you sort a lens out for dem Peregrine's Ian? I take it you didn't?

CT said:
Did you sort a lens out for dem Peregrine's Ian? I take it you didn't?

Nope not yet, cant afford 6k to rent one ! lol first one above was taken with my brothers telescope and deep sky imaging camera ! lol doesnt really have the resolution necessary ! 2nd was taken with the 100-400 and 1.4 tc hand held ! and cropped massively ! lol

Can't you get the tripod set up? Then possibly try enlarging the shot with Genuine Fractals. To be fair that bird's a loooong way away even for a 1000mm lens.

i have tried with the tripod, havent tried genuine fractals though, i am determined to get better pics of the damn things though ! :) have actually seen them flying about a bit as well, they are killing all the flying rats round here too ! :)

I've noticed the occaisional bat flying about here too. Too fast to see much in the dark :)

RobertP said:
I've noticed the occaisional bat flying about here too. Too fast to see much in the dark :)

It seems you need to be out looking just before it gets properly dark and there's just enough light left in the sky to see them.

Back