BBC, My photos, and a bullet hole in my foot.

It's the contradiction which totally baffles me to be honest. People don't want these sites "burnt" and then post those images on the web. :shrug:

It looks like they've really stepped up security at the hospital!

I drove past today and the security guard was sitting outside the hut, sunbathing on a deck chair! :LOL:

No signs or fences up, in fact, nothing changed at all visually from the road side!

Dare say they've removed all the x rays and stuff though!

It looks like they've really stepped up security at the hospital!

I drove past today and the security guard was sitting outside the hut, sunbathing on a deck chair! :LOL:

No signs or fences up, in fact, nothing changed at all visually from the road side!

Dare say they've removed all the x rays and stuff though!

Dave, i'm not long back from it either :) I was in Glasgow and took a detour on way home. Access is as easy as always :D

Gary.

you are aware the the police use this site mid week for dog and riot/hostage training ? its not the place to visit no doubt. If you wish to run into the Alsatians then please take a little wonder down. Just because you can only see the Guy out front doesn't always mean there are not other people working inside the site is still partly live after all.

Just incase others are thinking of trying to emulate you.

you are aware the the police use this site mid week for dog and riot/hostage training ? its not the place to visit no doubt. If you wish to run into the Alsatians then please take a little wonder down. Just because you can only see the Guy out front doesn't always mean there are not other people working inside the site is still partly live after all.

Just incase others are thinking of trying to emulate you.

Yes, I know one of the cops who trains there. Its not a weekly occurrence according to him. He said they trained for almost a month solid PRE G8.

Remember police dogs are very clever, and are not trained to attack on sight, unless instructed to do so. Still, taking the chance is dodgy, and you are right to raise a concern.

Wierd, I got an email from a flickr WPC , and she reckons we were standing a few feet from the bones that have been seen in various photos. She is urbex when off duty.

She has now reported the location of the bones to her superior apparently.

Gary.

LOL - a bit more of our local lot:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.1195871.0.0.php

In the article it states:
None of the urban explorers the Adver tried to contact through the website responded, but authorities have denounced the pastime.

Then read the letters where the people responsible say they were never contacted.
I even found the scan of the article:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/393268791_caaa3ad3be_b.jpg

:) A good read :D

Gary.

Yes, I know one of the cops who trains there. Its not a weekly occurrence according to him. He said they trained for almost a month solid PRE G8.

Remember police dogs are very clever, and are not trained to attack on sight, unless instructed to do so. Still, taking the chance is dodgy, and you are right to raise a concern.

Wierd, I got an email from a flickr WPC , and she reckons we were standing a few feet from the bones that have been seen in various photos. She is urbex when off duty.

She has now reported the location of the bones to her superior apparently.

Gary.

yes well not everything will always be as appears on these places. Just be aware there are risks involved.Its not been unknown for explorers to bump into neds/chavs and be relieved of thier cameras (which has happened) or security to get heavy handed(also known to happen) or find yourself in a shoot up gallery surrounded by needles. There are very real risks involved in this type of activity.

As for the article wonder if the advertiser tried very hard to contact the people before stealing copyrighted material ?. If not i hope they got billed for the higher fee of using with out consent, as the sun found out recently:).

Did you take those? You obviously seen a lot more than just dodgy files :D Those bones, jesus!!!

Gary.

No, I didnt take those - but my mate did... He part owns the forum with me.

It's the contradiction which totally baffles me to be honest. People don't want these sites "burnt" and then post those images on the web. :shrug:

We arent advertised like 28DL - We try to stay out of the way of the reporters

Gary and any other Urban explorers on site, I'd be interested in getting into this, theres a few places locally to me worth a look, how would I find a local-ish group? PM me if you frefere. (South Wales UK) Thanks Wayne

Theres loads of members based in Wales on my site

www.broken-britain.com

Sign up there and post in the new members that you are looking for an explorer friend in you area and Im sure youll find one... :D

Just got back from 2 weeks in Turkey and OMG, cant leave you guys alone for two mins without all hell breaking loose.

Gary, you have my 100% backing.

I cant believe some of the comments on that blog. Ok so you were a bit naive, I'm sure we've all been guilty of that many times. Its good to see some of the explorers come in here and convince me that they're not all as narrow minded as that minority and offer constructive comments.

Im amazed the urbex guys havnt had you assassinated yet Gary!

Ouch.

But then again, being in the medical profession, I can understand the whole patient confidentiality thing. I wouldn't be embarrassed about my personal medical files being out there but I know some patients take it very personally. But why doesn't anyone clean that place up? Why weren't such 'important' records like these properly archived?

What a situation...

Im amazed the urbex guys havnt had you assassinated yet Gary!
From what I've heard, people are still visiting the site to take photographs. Looks like all that boring fuss about it potentially getting closed down was all for nothing.

Unfortunately leaving medical records at disused hospitals is just one of many failings in the public services that defy belief. Ok, it's not as blatant or potentially damaging as the weekly laptop/CD/DVD losses, but even so... Makes you wonder how long an ID/biometric register would actually stay safe for...

Back