Beauty Treatment (Tutorial Added)

tiler65

Suspended / Banned
Name
Tom (I think)
Edit My Images
Yes
I have found a new way (to me anyway) to enhance the skin without using a plugin. I think it is OK what do you think?

beforeandafterJoined.jpg

C&C only on the processing please.

Thanks for looking.

wow i would say thats a fast improvement how did you do it|?

Yeh...

Looking good. Made a big difference for sure. Much smoother but still looks natural.

(y)

Excellent - how did you do it .... please do tell :)

pity it cant be done in real life .... would improve the wife no end ..! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Very natural looking improvement, nice tones and not to dramatic... care to share how you did it?

A vast improvement, but still some shine you should sort out :)

I would hazard a guess at "surface blur". Certainly makes a difference.

Steve

Not a spot on her. Whats the gaffe?

What program did you use? Did you use blur method on a new layer and then rub out any excess?

I think you have created a very natural look. Top marks on the processing. Please explain your method....!!!!!!

Loads better! :clap:

Is anyone else checking this thread every few hours? I'm dying to know this new technique

I have been given some info off Mobilevirgin on how to do a tutorial, so I will post a tutorial v soon.

Thanks for the great feedback and by the way it is really easy to do.

Any chance you could tell us the actual technique in the meantime, so those proficient can get cracking straight away? :)

that's an awesome transformation, she's also about to lose her sceptum piercing lol

Is it the old:

Duplicate layer, mask everything you want brushed then gaussian blur it leaving hair, eyes etc original?

I am writing the tutorial now. I will add a link when finished.

Thanks for waiting (I hope it is worth it :help:)

Hmmm, looks a bit like it. Bit strange popping up a post saying "check this new method of doing xyz" then not telling folks how its done and dragging it on for over a week.

Looks very similar to what I do :

http://www.strathycruise.com/pics/calendar6.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Hmmm, looks a bit like it. Bit strange popping up a post saying "check this new method of doing xyz" then not telling folks how its done and dragging it on for over a week.

Where's your sense of anticip.......
..........ation! :D

TBH if he had just paid a MUA he'd not have to bother with processing skin to make people look different to what they actually are

Looks very similar to what I do :

Cheeky :razz: ****er, I did not say I would post a tutorial.

Any way I am WRITING IT NOW please be patient.

Excellent Technique, and take your time mate, you don't owe anyone anything. Kudos for doing the tutorial.

TBH if he had just paid a MUA he'd not have to bother with processing skin to make people look different to what they actually are

Unfortunately we're not all pros so it wouldn't be that practical to pay a Make up Artist every time we wanted to have a go at portraiture. And in any case, don't tell me that pros don't use computer techniques to achieve these affects.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing the tutorial so fair play to you for making the effort to write and post one. As Gary said, you don't actually owe us one so I'll be grateful when it appears. Just got to find that subscribe to link button now so I don't miss it...

Here is my tutorial that has been brought on by some of the fuss made ove this post linky

Part 1

Open your image

ce7b1a1a.jpg

Then duplicate image

5ff25da1.jpg

Now to remove the blemishes.

Then with the healing brush tool
3f7d8be1.jpg

77d4cfed.jpg

with your pointer/mouse/pen hover over a part of the skin near a blemish click alt to select an area of the skin you would like to copy over the spot/damaged skin. I zoom in to 300% to do this as I have found that many smaller clicks work better. It make take a while but it is usually worth it. If you have a blemish near a contrasting colour, you may find that when you click the region it drags across the other colour too. in this case select
17b8fa66.jpg

And this will copy exact pixels to your cover the blemish. Use this very carefully as it copies the colours too and you can end up with another blemish because of a change in colour/light etc.

8f678be8.jpg

Once you have finished removing the blemishes/stray hairs etc you can move on to part 2

Part 2

Now we want to identify the skin so we use a colour picker but in this way. Click Select>colour range

0ae5cfb4.jpg

This will bring up a new window like this

14996cae.jpg

As you can see it has a silhouette of the model but what we want to do is select the skin colour/tone range. we do this by moving your pointer to a part of the skin in the photo and clicking. This will change the silhoette to this

65d6c329.jpg

But as you can see there are some parts of the skin still dark. So we need to click on the add colour tool in the colour range window and then select more of the skin until you have it looking something like this

507f7852.jpg

Now click OK and you will have an image like this one with the marching ants on.

d2a7754c.jpg

What we next is put this selection on another layer and I do this by pressing cntrl+J (cmd+J for the rich mac users) and we get something like this in the layers palette.

3da91c09.jpg

If you turn off the bottom 2 layers you will have an image like this

cc1f191f.jpg

And as you can see there are parts of her hair, mouth and eyes etc still showing. We need to remove these and I do it with the eraser tool

a5de67f5.jpg

You can do it with masks but I do the way I am comfortable with. Begin to erase the areas that are not skin, lips included

503773c8.jpg

until you have something like this

5ae36082.jpg

End of part 2

Part 3

Now we duplicate this layer again cntrl+j etc

58d6f087.jpg

As you can see I have renamed the layers accordingly (I forgot that part earlier)

Now we disable all layers apart from the skin layer and this where we enhance the skin. Select Filter>blur>surfaceblur

ef9717a5.jpg

And select setting something like these.

293c07b1.jpg

I know it is overdone but we can adjust these settings by moving the opacity slider

578d8162.jpg

Something like this

When you have got your desired effect switch on all the layers and click on the then named pores (or top layer if you have not named them)
Then select Filter>other>high pass

2ffe5c56.jpg

with settings around this, play around with the settings, the higher the number the bigger/sharper the pores will be.

31d10a3a.jpg

Click ok and you should have something looking like this

23036f37.jpg

Now we need to change the blending mode

3b1607a2.jpg
b39d8753.jpg

You can try which ever you think is best but I use soft light or overlay.
Again play around with the settings for your desired effect.

Here is what I did this morning (not the edit in the first post)

7f64f09a.jpg

It took me longer to the tutorial than to do skin technique.

PHEW!!!!!

Back