Beauty Treatment (Tutorial Added)

Thx for sharing ...got some portraits in need of this so will give it a go ....(y)

Paul

very interesting way of doing it, im gunna try that!

Good work on posting it up here mate, why people are getting on at you to answer quicker I dont know! Good of you to do it, its not like you owed it to anyone, let alone QUICKLY!!!! :)

thumbs up from Me!

Brilliant!!..thanks for posting..(y)
But i cant remember all that..but i will try..:tumbleweed:
Things just seem to pass me by..:wacky:

:) its not a memory test Starrider, just have the tutorial open in another window.

after you have done it a couple of times, jobs a good'un!

Nice one.

The real test would be to see if your method could clean up my poor excuse for skin!

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for taking the time and trouble to do this for us. I finally mastered it this morning after about five attempts. LOL!

LIsa

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for taking the time and trouble to do this for us. I finally mastered it this morning after about five attempts. LOL!

LIsa

Glad you liked it.

Can we see the evidence please.

Hi

Please bear in mind, this is just a snap took yesterday in a hurry, it's not up for critique and this is my first attempt. I wanted to try it in black and white. This is my daughter.

So sorry, pics deleted at request of my daughter.

Lisa

Just found this. Great tutorial.
I use a similar method, but with out the selection method (I use the colour channels to create the masks). But the selection method keeps the file size down if you want to save the file with layers. I still sometimes use gaussian blur (rarely) and another filter. I think the part that really makes a difference is the high pass filter for the skin detail. Although, I have seen some published images without that step.

Just got around to trying this Tom, thanks for the write up.

I'm currently waiting for my computer to apply the surface blur filter, I might go and read a book while I'm waiting. Is it quite a demanding process for the computer or is it just because mine is old and knackered?

Apologies having actually provided a response in the actual tutorial section, but I'm looking to do something like this in Elements 8 and can't seem to find certain functions used (notably the Select > Colour Range).

Anyone help? :)

Ian

Back