weekly Bebop's 52 2021 - Week 52: Showcase

Snappers choice.. I like your chosen shot... a different angle from the norm and well done on the steady hand!
Looking down.. a really interesting street scene - lots to look at.

Practise!

It's a nice street scene and good to see people out and about again. Also spot on for the theme!

The dragonfly is very cool too. Close up nature shots always fascinate me.
Thanks Ian. I fear the consequences if my practise fails, but I agree practise would make perfect! I was never allowed a bike as a child so I feel I missed out on years of riding. I have tried to make up for it though :)

Snappers choice.. I like your chosen shot... a different angle from the norm and well done on the steady hand!
Looking down.. a really interesting street scene - lots to look at.
Thanks Helen

Looking down
I find myself looking at photos like this, wondering/theorising what all these people are doing, where are they going?

Lovely shot of Sammy Seal (Or Samantha maybe) :D

Very nice Bee, well captured (y)

Spot on for the theme and a fab image to boot :)

That's a cracker!
The eyes are so dark they look like holes.

Indigenous - Excellent shot. You've got him (her?) watching intently what's going on, or so it seems anyway :)
Looking Down - Liking this for it's street scene vibe
Snappers - No comment !
Green - Works for me. Not something easy to do on your own...
Personal - A nice bit of stacking there. lots of detail. The gold works well against the red.

Personal
The addition of the lint just shows how well your stack has brought out the tiny details. It's amazing though how something you think is devoid of dirt always attracts it when a camera is involved!!

Green
It's a very interesting image, any time I have brought a lens near my eyes it's been difficult to not move a pupil. I think it works as is but don't let it stop you pursuing your original concept.

Snapper's Choice
Super sharp images, nature can create some amazing delicate creatures. The angle on the second works better but having see through wings the background would have needed to be clearer

Looking down
Lots to investigate in this image with the corresponding stories to imagine. The "bin?" Is it a bit distracting next to the woman at the bottom but not much you can do about that.

Indigenous
Nice shot of the seal, I like the way its head has broken through the surface. I don't think I've seen one in the wild.

Week 28: Plant

I have realised the 52 has been great for making me think creatively - I have ideas! However I am rubbish at getting round to doing them. This week I have barely lifted my camera nor been on my computer. So this morning I snapped a marbled white butterfly that I rescued from my cat, and then remembered the theme - just a phone pic,

In the interests of keeping up, here we have a flowering plant - yes, I hear you say that this is a photo of a butterfly!! However it is sitting on a flowering plant... :LOL:

One day I will get round to executing my other ideas.

IMG_5620_1_week26.jpg

And I thought you might like to see a record shot of my banana plant. The fence is 6ft. I desaturated the greens a little as they were positively nuclear. It produces tiny bananas which we have never attempted to eat.

IMG_5623_week26.jpg

Last edited:
I have ideas! However I am rubbish at getting round to doing them
You're not alone in this!!

Love the banana trees. I think that whilst it's more of a documentary shot, it's something I've not seen before. We have an olive tree which was very adventurous in this country, and it produces tiny olives which never survive the frost because I'm not wrapping a tree in insulation...

Nice Marbled White Butterfly :D

Plant
It works for me. I like the pink of the flower showing through the white bits in the wings.
I do like a good banana plant and that's quite a collection.

Me too!

Nice plant pictures
Cheers Paul. I'm glad it's not just me!

Nice Marbled White Butterfly :D
Cheers Dave!
Slightly horned as the flutterby is sharper than the flower (so the subject) but still works for the theme imo :)
Completely agree ha ha! Although who said the plant had to be in focus? :giggle:
Plant
It works for me. I like the pink of the flower showing through the white bits in the wings.
I do like a good banana plant and that's quite a collection.
Thanks Dominic. Usually when the banana plant throws out lovely new leaves we have some heavy winds to shred them - storm on it's way!

Reactions: LC2
Week 29: Dominating

This week has flown - I've not been on here since last Thursday! I have taken a few pics for dominating. I think these fit the bill best... both taken with long zooms.

20210728-BCR_6550_1_week29.jpg

and a second on the same theme. This vessel looked fabulous earlier with the sun on it. However this one had another smaller vessel nearer, so more on theme than when the light was better.

20210728-BCR_6562_1_week29.jpg

Last edited:
I like the use of the smaller boats in the images to show the size of the ships,
how long did you have to wait to get them both in the frames

I like the use of the smaller boats in the images to show the size of the ships,
how long did you have to wait to get them both in the frames
Thanks Allan. I did take quite a few with various smaller boats nearby - it's a busy area! Getting enough depth of field wasn't easy The red one looked large until it got nearer the container ship. I thought about this one too...

20210728-BCR_6549_1_week28.jpg

On your main shot, it's a nice shot (I love a boat/ship), but slightly weird (to my eyes) in that the stacking of the containers makes the whole shot look slightly curved and pointing down at the front (bow). It's not though, and it doesn't detract, but it's interesting how easy it is to be visually deceived! :)

On your main shot, it's a nice shot (I love a boat/ship), but slightly weird (to my eyes) in that the stacking of the containers makes the whole shot look slightly curved and pointing down at the front (bow). It's not though, and it doesn't detract, but it's interesting how easy it is to be visually deceived! :)
I know what you mean - I will be watching next time to see if they always stack them like that!

I’m not overly fond of the composition but it is tricky with such a huge ship. I was hoping people would spot the sailing boat! I’m now preferring the shot in the post above yours :)

I like the Tanker and Hovercraft best, the sail boat is lost a bit against the APL Container ship.

Pete

Week 30: Snapper's Choice and HDR technique

Just a shot from my regular local walk today. I couldn't believe how every time I took the lens cap off, the sun went in :LOL: Not what you need when you're trying to do an HDR photo.

The camera will do them in camera, but I put this together using Aurora HDR. Forgot to take my tripod but I think I just about got away with it. Just three shots, -2, 0 ,+2.

20210804-BC122807-HDR_week30.jpg

Last edited:
Nice landscape Bee, it works well (y)

I wish my local walk looked like that!
Really nicely done, dramatic and yet tranquil. I love the light splitting the clouds.

Dominating... definitely fits the bill. Those container ships are huge and its hard to illustrate but you have captured their vastness.
I love the light on the water in your Snappers Choice - and very subtle HDR - as it should be in my book ;)

You are lucky, that is a great walk. The sky and Sun rays look good and the HDR has reduced the shadows a lot as well.

Nice landscape Bee, it works well (y)
I wish my local walk looked like that!
Really nicely done, dramatic and yet tranquil. I love the light splitting the clouds.
Lovely - the rays from the sun give the photo a great edge.
Dominating... definitely fits the bill. Those container ships are huge and its hard to illustrate but you have captured their vastness.
I love the light on the water in your Snappers Choice - and very subtle HDR - as it should be in my book ;)
You are lucky, that is a great walk. The sky and Sun rays look good and the HDR has reduced the shadows a lot as well.
Thank you all for your kind comments. It has made me think I should use HDR more often actually, as the land would have been very dark if I'd exposed for the sea.

I am extremely lucky having this on my doorstep. I'm about to head out there again in a minute and it will not be looking like that today - it's pouring at the minute! I might come back and share an image :ROFLMAO:

Back