weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Love the skating boots, only because I use to skate every weekend in my teens at the local skate rink.
Ah thanks Dave. It is a great feeling isn't it? Whizzing along on the ice. I didn't learn properly until I was an adult, but I spent many an hour at Silver Blades in Brum in my teens.

Ah thanks Dave. It is a great feeling isn't it? Whizzing along on the ice. I didn't learn properly until I was an adult, but I spent many an hour at Silver Blades in Brum in my teens.

100 % Yes on a great feeling, we use to do a thing called the Whip that could be painful if it went wrong. Some of us would hold hands and get a right speed up then on a corner we whip the last skater round, a few times I would come home bruised but loved it.

Last edited:
100 % Yes on a great feeling, we use to do a thing called the Whip that could be painful if it went wrong. Some of us would hold hands and get a right speed up then on a corner we whip the last skater round, a few times I would come home bruised but loved it.
and always a wet bottom if it was a busy skating session :LOL:

Great concept and well executed. I think this is the best mono I've seen so far.

I may lack contrast Bebop but it has the feel of an old faded photo that is appealing. I like the video as well.

I think the image has a lovely look to it and I prefer the wider shot. Any more contrast would probably take away from the “feel” of the pic.
It is also a really good mono and nice to get it done early.

Lovely shot! The low contrast really works!

Great concept and well executed. I think this is the best mono I've seen so far.
That is indeed a compliment Peter, thank you.

I may lack contrast Bebop but it has the feel of an old faded photo that is appealing. I like the video as well.
That is the look I was hoping for. I think a nice rustic table would have worked better - if I had one! Glad you liked the video too :)

I think the image has a lovely look to it and I prefer the wider shot. Any more contrast would probably take away from the “feel” of the pic.
It is also a really good mono and nice to get it done early.
Thanks so much Pete. I was a bit torn on which one to choose. Yes I'm glad to get the tech behind me :)

Lovely shot! The low contrast really works!
Cheers @-Oy- I'm glad you didn't think it was too washed out. I did bump it up as much as I dared.

Can't put my finger on why I like this but I do. Reminds me of the 20's, not that I was there, but skating on ponds, roast chestnuts, snow falling etc. You could write a whole story round these and I think that is why it has so much impact and interest. Well done.

Can't put my finger on why I like this but I do. Reminds me of the 20's, not that I was there, but skating on ponds, roast chestnuts, snow falling etc. You could write a whole story round these and I think that is why it has so much impact and interest. Well done.
Thank you so much Joan. That was exactly the sort of feel I was hoping for, but I still felt they looked all too new and modern. Maybe I did okay :)

Trees - You captured a dramatic sky against the well defined structure of the tree.

Hole - Trying to find things wirh holes was an interesting task. Your photo has a sense if mystery about it and certainly hits the right chord!

Sunrise/Sunset - To complete this one within the week was not necessarily a straightforward challenge especially if the weather didn't co-operate.

Sports - I'm in agreement on the contrast, though many times I'm guilty of using it for the sake of it.

Trees - You captured a dramatic sky against the well defined structure of the tree.

Hole - Trying to find things wirh holes was an interesting task. Your photo has a sense if mystery about it and certainly hits the right chord!

Sunrise/Sunset - To complete this one within the week was not necessarily a straightforward challenge especially if the weather didn't co-operate.

Sports - I'm in agreement on the contrast, though many times I'm guilty of using it for the sake of it.
Many thanks Stuart for taking the time and apologies for my delay in replying. Love the pun. I see what you did there :ROFLMAO:

Week 20: Parallel

With apologies to the squeamish. I've tried to blur the top bit, but I felt it needed to be in for context. Struck by the parallel lines on my lovely gown, how could I not have a go? As you might guess - a phone picture.

Taken in the correct week, but only had chance to process and downsize today.

20220524-IMG_7482-week20.jpg

Week 21: Metal

Almost squeezing it in in the correct week. A bit of a follow on pic. Taken on phone as a square B&W and then downsized on computer.

20220602-IMG_7553-week21.jpg

They both fit the theme well.
And well done for thinking about the challenge when in hospital.

Sorry to hear your self inflicted tale - get healed as soon as possible and as completely as possible.

Oh, liking both shots for the weeks' themes too!

Both shots are on point Bebop. I hope that you're better soon, wishing you the best.

Nicely done Bebop- for both themes. I'm not sure I would have been thinking about taking a parallel pic at that point!

True dedication to the 52.

Week 22: Treasure

Hoping to keep up with the 52 albeit with phone and limited mobility.

My first thought was the embroidered pillowcase I found full of long strings of beads that used to belong to my grandmother. I am guessing from the 1920s or perhaps a bit later. However when I saw the composition on my computer I didn't like it. So I will choose the other option... A box that contained a rather garish brooch, an old gold child's ring which I think I dated to 1909 if I remember rightly, and an old Canadian stamp. I can only think that these were things that my Grandma treasured - however sadly, I have no idea why.

I think I may have been too close for proper focus on all of the brooch, but I'm darned if I'm going to climb those stairs again and reshoot it :LOL:

20220607IMG_7575-week22.jpg

The initial idea which I discounted as I didn't like the composition - no focal point to draw your eye.

20220607IMG_7571-week22.jpg

Definitely chose the right one for me Bee. A lovely little composition, and certainly looks like some things that have been/are treasured!

Fab treasured stuffs!

A very nice image Bebop full of treasured memories

Your chosen one was definitely the one to go with.

Nice couple of treasured photos Bebop, the chosen one has more of a treasured feel to it with the stamp and ring

Pete

Nice interpretation of treasure Bebop and l like the one you’ve chosen for the theme.

The brooch shot is lovely, the kind of thing my Grandmother would have worn. Nice composition.

Well done on keeping up with the 52... you put me to shame ;).
Hope you're recuperating well. I lovely set for treasure... how many bits and pieces do we never ask about while we can? I think both work well but the brooch has the edge for me.
Take care and rest up.

Well done on keeping up with the 52... you put me to shame ;).
Hope you're recuperating well. I lovely set for treasure... how many bits and pieces do we never ask about while we can? I think both work well but the brooch has the edge for me.
Take care and rest up.
I’ve just made my standards even lower :whistle: :ROFLMAO: I’d never even seen these bits before and regret that my father didn’t talk to us about them. I would love to know the history of the ring. It is very worn.

Thank you to everyone for stopping by.

Like your initial idea but chose the right image, maybe should have used the broach as the focal point on the initial idea? Hope your recovering well

Like your initial idea but chose the right image, maybe should have used the broach as the focal point on the initial idea? Hope your recovering well
Ah well yes - I didn't think of that :LOL: good idea!
Recovering well now thank you. Getting stronger every day :)

Week 23: Solid

A solid silver spoon which I bought as a souvenir in Moscow. It's rather an awkward shape to photograph.

I managed to use my little Olympus Pen F however with my limited mobility at the moment, I did struggle to make the most of the black reflective background - so it's a bit floaty. Floaty McSpoon Face :) I also would have preferred to have focus stacked it, but it was a bit too much effort I'm afraid as that would mean getting the tripod out too.

20220614-P6140012-week23.jpg

Funny you should post a spoon picture as I've been looking all over for one today in town. Funny how some stuff is so hard to find in the shops.

Anyway. IMO it's a very well done picture. I like it :D

It's well composed BB. Enough DOF, no need to stack.
Is it a Faberge'?

Back