weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Funny you should post a spoon picture as I've been looking all over for one today in town. Funny how some stuff is so hard to find in the shops.

Anyway. IMO it's a very well done picture. I like it :D
How funny - I hope you managed to find one. Thank you for the positive feedback.

It's well composed BB. Enough DOF, no need to stack.
Is it a Faberge'?
I'm glad you think I got away with it :) I don't think it is anything special as it wasn't that expensive - around £10 if I remember rightly, but I thought it was a nice small souvenir to fit in my suitcase.... along with the vodka... which it turns out you could buy in any British supermarket... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: I don't know much about vodka!

Good picture, I would never have thought of a spoon!
Thanks Simon. I confess I caught a bit of Bargain Hunt just before the news today and something on it was solid silver.... that was my inspiration.

I think that this is a great idea Bebop and you've captured it well.

Looks fine to me too... well done on keeping up with the 52. Hope you're recovering well.

Great photo with your new camera Bebop, You have a great view from your sofa.

Ps hope you feel better soon.

Pete

What a pleasant Pheasant :D

Great photo with your new camera Bebop, You have a great view from your sofa.

Ps hope you feel better soon.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I am lucky that Mr. Bebop is topping up the bird feeders so I have the birds to watch. Not much choice of viewpoint, but I’m not complaining.
I’m getting stronger all the time thanks.

What a pleasant Pheasant :D
Thanks Dave. He is quite beautiful :)

Wow, he (she?) looks angry, I wouldn't want to get in it's way. Really great capture Bebop.

Wow, he (she?) looks angry, I wouldn't want to get in it's way. Really great capture Bebop.
Thank you. I can’t pretend I made a lot of effort. :ROFLMAO:

It is a ‘he’. The females are a dowdy mottled brown. He was running towards me, as the females do also when they think I might feed them. I used to hand feed the previous male for a couple of years who we called Connell, but I think this male saw him off in a fight, sadly.

Last edited:
Think you have been spotted. They can squawk loudly if you disturb them. Good angle.

Think you have been spotted. They can squawk loudly if you disturb them. Good angle.
They do! The last male came in through the open patio doors and squawked. Frightened the life out of Mr. Bebop who was engrossed reading his paper :ROFLMAO:
I didn’t have much choice on the angle and I was struck by how it looks like I was lower than I was - strange!

That's a good pheasant shot with good bokeh. Good colours too.
You caught him "just right"

That's a good pheasant shot with good bokeh. Good colours too.
You caught him "just right"
Thanks Peter :)
Great photo - we only have sparrows in our garden! :LOL:
Thanks Simon. I have no sparrows at all! I think it must be that you have good hedges and I don’t.
Great shot... looks like he's heading straight for you!
Thanks Helen. He was :)
I’m lying on the sofa, but it’s strange how I think it looks like I’m even lower.

Parallel - I'm sure you had plenty of time waiting, that the lines would get your attention.

Metal - Interesting composition, I'm wandering how it looks with the flooring running parallel with the stick.

Treasure - An interesting collection of keepsakes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I might have been tempted to move brooch to cover the top left of the box. This would also have provided some separation from the stamp.

Solid - I had a laugh at the name you gave the spoon!

Something beginning with a P - I'm very jealous of the view you can get from your sofa, great capture.

Parallel - I'm sure you had plenty of time waiting, that the lines would get your attention.

Metal - Interesting composition, I'm wandering how it looks with the flooring running parallel with the stick.

Treasure - An interesting collection of keepsakes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I might have been tempted to move brooch to cover the top left of the box. This would also have provided some separation from the stamp.

Solid - I had a laugh at the name you gave the spoon!

Something beginning with a P - I'm very jealous of the view you can get from your sofa, great capture.
Thanks Stuart. I had to remind myself of the name for the spoon :ROFLMAO:

Good points on the floor angle and the brooch, and you are correct regarding parallel. I really should have taken that one before the op as I did have time to kill - hours!

I am so very grateful for my view. This morning I have been watching juvenile crows chasing their parents around.

That's really head on, I love how it looks like he's coming for you!

Week 25: Snapper's Choice

I'm still not able to get out - so here is one taken through my not very clean window. The juvenile crow is SO big!!

20220625-O6250154_1_week25.jpg

I did have a play at a few things around the house and took this with my phone as the light was playing through the glass roof. Edited in Snapseed on my phone but then downsized on my computer.

I couldn't decide between the two, but will choose the crows for now.

20220627-IMG_7650_week25.jpg

Lovely big budgies there :)

some good wildlife through your window BB.
Well timed and you’ve got some feather detail too.

Good shots Bebop, I like the crow for how it's personality seems to come through but I like the abstract simplicity of the ceiling shot.

Lovely big budgies there :)
Thanks Dave. I was reminded that we don’t stop feeding our children when they get bigger than us :ROFLMAO:
some good wildlife through your window BB.
Well timed and you’ve got some feather detail too.
Thanks Peter. It has been a good time to be laid up in terms of what there is to see in the garden :)
Look at the mouth on that one! Lovely shot.
I know and those earnest eyes! Thanks :)
Maybe I need to let @Cobra know he’s got some competition for gobshots :ROFLMAO:
Good shots Bebop, I like the crow for how it's personality seems to come through but I like the abstract simplicity of the ceiling shot.
Thanks Bill. Yes two completely different genres. I suppose I wanted to show I’d made an effort to get the camera out :)
A lovely through the widow pic Bebop.
Thanks Pete :)
Its amazing what you can see through your windows. Great shot.
Thanks. I did consider doing a mini project as it’s been fascinating watching nature so closely- we even had a badger run past one morning. Hopefully I’ll be back in the real world soon... just a few more weeks.

You certainly get some entertaining wildlife in your garden. Never a dull moment and very well captured.

Week 26: Half

I've been thinking about this all week, but only got round to it today, and to my disappointment, my peanuts were sub-standard. Usually you find lots of rabbits in half a peanut, but today I struggled. I had to eat quite a few for the cause :LOL: An image that was stacked in camera.

I thought I'd include the second one for a giggle - my friend pointed out that it fits the 'half' theme - trying out the bird detect on my new camera.
( The score was Camera 1-0 User)

20220707-BC134808_1_week26.jpg

20220704-O7040186_1_week26.jpg

Last edited:
Well certainly thinking out of the box (or should it packet)
Great idea.

Back