Bedfordshire Clanger

Don't be silly, Chris - we have separate compartments for afters - how else can we eat a helping of xmas pud after a gutful of turkey & trimmings?

I have lived in Bedfordshire for 23 years and although I know about Clangers I've never had one & I don't think I have seen them in any local shops. I will have a look next time I'm in town.

The best Cornish pasties I've had came from a little pasty shop that makes them on the premises in Looe. very tasty.

i do believe that they are only sold in one shop and that ai Gunns bakery in Sandy..

A Sandy Clanger and a Pastie made in the Looe .... how appetising :D

I tried Ginsters twice. I could not believe the first one, so tried again. They had tried to hide the horrible taste with salt and an ounce or two of pepper. but it was still horrible.

Don't be silly, Chris - we have separate compartments for afters - how else can we eat a helping of xmas pud after a gutful of turkey & trimmings?
Fair point well presented Nod :D

I tried Ginsters twice. I could not believe the first one, so tried again. They had tried to hide the horrible taste with salt and an ounce or two of pepper. but it was still horrible.
I can honestly say I have never eaten a Ginsters,
But I can't believe anything really tastes that bad?
I might now just have to go seek one out, in the interest of research.

Fair point well presented Nod :D

I can honestly say I have never eaten a Ginsters,
But I can't believe anything really tastes that bad?
I might now just have to go seek one out, in the interest of research.

Yup I could not believe it either, that's why I tried again.
It must be an acquired taste.... Though I have known people who literally cover their food with salt and pepper.

Mind you I find Baxters soups to salty to eat. which is a great shame as they are otherwise, not bad at all.

Back