Beginner Beginner

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
Hey feller - welcome to TP.

Usually just photography by wandering - whether town or country, if I see something interesting then I photograph it.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Hi! Just wondering how you all find inspiration and what you enjoy photographing the most?
When I was little I loved to draw and then when I was 10 my parents bought me a Kodak Instamatic for my birthday. I used it on days out and holidays and was happy enough and then one day I took a picture of my sister stroking a horse with the sun behind them and they came out in almost silhouette and I thought WoW as I realised that a camera could be used to record reality and also for a more artistic result too, just like drawing.

These days I do more or less the same. I use my camera to record the realities of the people and places and things I love or for whatever reason want to record and remember and occasionally I use the kit to end up with a result which may be different than a recorded scene or thing.

Name
Andre Edwards
Edit My Images
Yes
In terms of inspiration, it is a gut thing. At least from a non-professional perspective, it just pops up there and then and I just take it. I still find it hard to beat the awkwardness and embarrassment of capturing pictures when people are around but alas I take the picture before quickly return to my cave to analyze it.

In terms of interest, normally I look for two things. Either a photo that looks like a scene in a movie/music video. Usually, it is a location as I do not like photographing people at the moment. I am a beginner too it is usually unedited and natural oppose to stagged. The other is a distorted, maybe surreal, image. I am really bad at it at the moment but there is this photographer called Ben Zank on Instagram who does it so well.