Bempton Cliffs

That's Carl, 1.5hrs each way not a problem if its worth the trip and looks like it would be if I picked a nice evening :) ive done 22k miles driving since August since we bought a new company in Sheffield and spend 15hrs driving to Acharacle - Scottish Highlands last month (this was via Newcastle to visit daughter so quite a divert!) so driving not too much a problem now but like idea of the stop over I did think about staying on a Friday night to do something on the Saturday or come up Saturday / Sunday and then only 1.5hrs back to Sheffield hotel ready for the Monday morning

Adam, I did pretty much the same last Sunday. The visitors centre closes but they left the gate open for easy access to the car park.

Light was spot on as long as you find the right point - my results are on my gannets thread if you want an idea of what was available

Mike

Last edited:
Adam, I did pretty much the same last Sunday. The visitors centre closes but they left the gate open for easy access to the car park.

Light was spot on as long as you find the right point - my results are on my gannets thread if you want an idea of what was available

Mike
Thanks Mike I've been toying with the idea for a while it was your post that sparked me into checking evening timings :)

'kinell! :eek: No probs then :LOL:

I reckon if you pick a nice eve the light could actually work in your favour. :cool:

I stayed in Flamborough while visiting Bempton & found it ideal. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.1...N6q6X7EAxeI_GVvXw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB
Couple of lighthouses & saw a couple of seals there, there was also a small nature reserve with the odd `hide` too. (y)
Thanks Carl, and yes quite some mileage my annual average before was below 20k so certainly ramped up! I know the route from North Devon to Sheffield like the back of my hand lol

......like idea of the stop over I did think about staying on a Friday night to do something on the Saturday or come up Saturday / Sunday and then only 1.5hrs back to Sheffield hotel ready for the Monday morning

Just remembered this thread. I was in Bridlington last week, but didn't manage a visit. :( Adam, did you get over to Bempton?

Hi Carl yes did it 1st Sunday of July while I had to stay in Sheffield over our go live week, was great day and so glad I did it :)

Back