Best location in Berkshire

mev

Name
mev
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm looking for interesting photo location in Berkshire.
I know the most popular like Windsor Great Park, Langley Park, Cliveden but maybe is something else, less popular but also spectacular.
Any idea?

For what purpose? There's lots around, but useless say if it's for a photo location for photographing a truck etc. ;)

Truck of course :banana:

Landscape photography :)
Hills, castle, ruins?

Thats half the fun then, travel to a location and see what you make of it. Plenty of resources around, do an internet search before you go, just try not to repeat what everyone else has done, put your own stamp on it.

I know Berkshire quite well but still maybe is something what is not yet explored by me.
Also I know the shothotspot.com but nothing interesting is there.
So please do not send me to internet where I'm am and if you don't have an answer just do not reply.
The post in category "Talk landscapes" not a "Talk trucks".

I hope someone else love Berkshire and know some unique places.

Last edited:
(Caveat: Data is 25-30 years old!!)

Cookham is nice, as is Marlow (grew up round that way) but they are "village" more than landscape. You can walk along the river from Marlow to Bourne End (which I only ever did whilst inebriated) which has some nice river views. There's a train back. Winter Hill over the other side of the river between the two also offers some nice views over the valley and there's parking up there (don't ask how I know!). You've also not mentioned Burnham Beeches but that's fab in autumn.

Across the way into Bucks, you've got Hughenden Great Park out the back of High Wycombe, and a lot of the Chilterns is really pleasant. West Wycombe has the caves and you used to be able to get to the top of the hill for - again - some nice views.

Coomb gibbet in Inkpen will give you good views for some landscapes.
I'm going to explore Hosehill Lake near Theale as it looks good for Wildlife.

Last edited:
I know Berkshire quite well but still maybe is something what is not yet explored by me.
Also I know the shothotspot.com but nothing interesting is there.
So please do not send me to internet where I'm am and if you don't have an answer just do not reply.
The post in category "Talk landscapes" not a "Talk trucks".

I hope someone else love Berkshire and know some unique places.

erm...ok. Slightly abrupt.

The internet is a very good source for checking locations, whats open, what other images have been taken there, what sort of thing you can expect, all those things that help you decide if it's worth a visit so you're not disappointed when you get there.

Which part of Berkshire are you in, are you willing to cross into other counties, i.e. you're near the border of one, or are you only interested in Berkshire as a county and thats it? Just across into Hampshire and you've the New forets as an example.

There's lots of places I guess it's what sort of thing you fancy.
Coworth Park with it's meadow field
Dinton Pastures

West Bershire you've the whole of the Ridgeway for hills and views, Walbury Hill near Hungerford, theres an Iron Age hillfort between Cold Ash and Hermitage

erm...ok. Slightly abrupt.

Action / reaction :)
I understood I'm new to this forum but not it means I'm kid.
I did not ask how to search for a information. How to avoid places where someone did a shoots. Do something creative and personal.
I asked just about interesting location for photography in Berkshire like: parks, hills, woodlands, castles, ruins, landscapes

BTW
Thank you for answer
Coworth Park - I will willingly see that

please do not send me to internet where I'm am and if you don't have an answer just do not reply.

you're not haveing a very good start to your time on this forum, are you...

you've already had one account spam-banned for trying to sell a holiday, then, when we decide to be nice and let you back, you try and trade outside the classifieds and have to be told to modify your posting by one of my colleagues.

Now, you're telling well established and respected members of the forum how to behave...

Can I suggest that before you post again in this forum you spend some time reading the rules - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/rules/ - and don't post again unless you're prepared to abide by the rules to the letter - or i'm afraid you're not going to be welcome here, permanently this time.

Just for clarification.
I did not trying to sell a holiday! The post was about private trip to Scotland. Nothing for sale.
For you guys looks like commercial advert, ok.

The best If I will not continue the conversation.
Thank your Harlequin565 and hashcake for some ideas about locations. You two tried answer for my question.
Thanks to Byker28i. I will check the places as well.

Probable I will be banned but I saved the post so I can check later the suggested locations. Thank you.

Last edited:
Any particular reason why Berkshire? Is it some sort of project specifically related to the county?

The reason I ask is that Berkshire is a long and thin county, and restricting yourself to locations within the county boundaries means ignoring many other locations which are actually closer. For example, I live in Maidenhead, and the far end of Berkshire (somewhere around Lambourn and Inkpen) is about 35 miles away in a straight line, 45 miles by road. Within that distance I can access parts of Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, Kent, and pretty much the whole of Greater London.

So does it have to be Berkshire specifically? Or are you looking for locations within "X" miles of a specific town?

Last edited:
Back