Best low cost web site hosting company in UK ?

London luke

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
what do you guys think. Might not need help in making the site. Just hosting. But if they have acceptable nice quality pre formatted selection then i might be interested.

Thanks

Need to know what the costs are like over 5 years etc

Depends what you are using the site for, cheapest is not always best when it comes to customer service.
I use easily as they have a UK call centre who are really helpful.

Not based in the UK but I've used Dreamhost for years and never had a problem.

You can get a year's prepaid package with loads of features/bandwidth etc for really cheap using the code G030

tsohost.co.uk - great service all round.

If you want a cheap all round photography package then i think clickpic is the answer, i used it for a couple of years and never had an issue with it. Yes it will look the same as many other peoples sites as they only have 10 templates, but they look good and simple and for £35 for the year is quite the bargain. I personally use photium.com at the moment as they offer a bit more customisation, but are also more expensive. click the link in my sig to have a look.

I don't get on with 1 and 1, uk tel nos but foreign call centers with poor English, big time lapse as well that dosen't help.
Very easy to upgrade your account but try downgrading!

seriously dont go with one and one. im still tied into a long drawn out contract with them for other servers.
poor customer service, poor maintenance support and very poor server security.

I use Photium for my site. It has built a built in system for selling prints (through Paypal) and has some very clean looking templates that can be very nicely customised.

£44/year gets you 100 photos (that's the basic package) and I'm on the standard package at £7.50/month for 300 photos. There are 2 more packages above that. Includes a domain name.

As an advertisment for my photography, 100 shots is plenty on the "less is more" way of thinking. If I was trying to host wedding albums for customers, I'd definitely need a higher end package and would probably get something custom done. Streamline.net are pretty good in terms of hosting costs, bandwidth and customer care.

However Photium absolutely excels at customer care IMO. Really really good. Fast, friendly and knowledgable. I've had responses inside an hour to email queries that weren't just links to an FAQ. It's excellent value for (my) money and I'd heartily reccommend them. They have a 30 day free trial.

Ian.

Back