Best place for Sandisk?

Edit My Images
Yes
I need to get a new memory card (I only have 1x2gb and 1x1gb, which equates to around 120 shots with a D200!).

I need at least 2gb (preferably 4gb) and want at least an Ultra II (preferably an Extreme III).

The best deal I can see is £175 for a 4gb Extreme III.

Has anyone seen any other deals on these? Is this a good price??

Thanks in advance
Chez

Dabs had 2gb Sandisk Ultra 2 CF for about £120 last time I checked, mind they didnt have any in stock - on order I recall.

If you have seen them for the price mentioned I'd grab em if possible.

Got some very good price on there IanC UK - has anyone used OnlineMemory before?

All the Extreme IIIs are out of stock on that last one but 4gb for £157 on the top one seems very good (£18 cheaper than Fotosense, but I have used Fotosense before)

I have used OnlineMemory before. It took about a week for my CF card to arrive. Apparently they were out of stock when I ordered (something which they didnt tell me at the time!) However, I must admit I got regular emails advising me of the stock situation and the CF card arrived the day after I was informed it was back in stock. If its any halp I would use them again.

Even faster? Than 133x?

I wish I had some spare cash - those prices are phenomenal.

I went for a 4gb Extreme III from Fotosense..

Unfortunately, I'll only get about 160 shots on it with the D200 (still shooting RAW+Jpeg (Fine) until Epson sort out a firmware upgrade for the P2000!)

stock just came in at various online retailers, onlinememory, picstop.co.uk, mymemory.co.uk all averaging £150 delivered for 4Gb extreme III. I would get one but going U.S end of this month so wondering if I should wait. US prices doenst seem to have come down and is more expensive i.e. $399 still...

does anyone know whether this drop is permanent or a one-off promo from sandisk...?

I've never seen flash memory drop in price and then go back up again. It's bound to be permanent.

Eight gigabyte cards are starting to come out now, which might account for some of it, but the likliest cause is that there's probably faster memory on the way.

Card turned up this morning. The package says 4GB. The sticker on the card itself says 4GB. But the card size reports as 1.89GB in both the 20D and in Windows (when plugged into a card reader).

I've tried to format the card but the only option I'm given for capacity
is 1.89 GB. This is using both FAT32 and FAT file systems (I formatted it
using both but neither made a difference).

Guess it's a mistake at SanDisk's factory and it got labelled wrong. Looks like I'll have to return it. :(

According to Fotosense...

Sandisk Categories

MEMORY CARD MASSACRE - We had dropped all varities of Sandisk Memory Cards by up to 40% Off our Normal Selling Price. THIS IS SERIOUSLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!!!

fingerz, not sure if the sandisk cards have it, nut have heard some of the larger capacity cards have a tiny little switch on the side that changes the capacity, some are forced to half size for some really bizarre reason ! Worth a try before sending it back anyway !

IanC_UK said:
fingerz, not sure if the sandisk cards have it, nut have heard some of the larger capacity cards have a tiny little switch on the side that changes the capacity, some are forced to half size for some really bizarre reason ! Worth a try before sending it back anyway !

Problem solved. I owe you a pint. Thank you.

Guess its for use in cameras that dont support that high a capacity, wont give you the full capacity but atleast it will work.

Yup - FAT 16 has a 2Gb limit - Fat32 has 2Tb limit.

About 16 Exabytes I think, might have to check.

mymemory had the 2Gb extremeIII cards at 77.99 on the 12th now they're up at 82.99 ...
thats a £5 increase in 2 days?! how?

memory cards are indexed to the cost of the raw materials,
so if the chip production costs go up, or down , this is reflected in the cost

just like petrol

MyPix

Back