• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
There's a thing running on Facebook just now voting for your favourite SciFi series by stacking them up against each other one at a time knock out league stylee.

Never one to leave a good idea unstolen I present...

Star Trek or Babylon 5?

There's a thing running on Facebook just now voting for your favourite SciFi series by stacking them up against each other one at a time knock out league stylee.

Star Trek or Babylon 5?

Babylon 5 all the way

I liked B5. I watched them all when they were on TV and now have every episode on a hard disc but as I live with two other people who are both females I'm always outvoted and have so far seen only one episode.

There have been rumours of a reboot picture but so far it hasn't happened.

Red Dwarf :)

Read and comprehend people! it's One v One. We'll get to B7 and Rd in time.

Just for clarity I have to say that anyone who doesn't choose Babylon 5 in this round is doomed to watch black and white episodes of Dr Who forever on a jumpy Twitch stream in 640x480..

Babylon 5 then!

Put a poll at the top of the thread, then you wont have to count!

Last edited:
Just for clarity I have to say that anyone who doesn't choose Babylon 5 in this round is doomed to watch black and white episodes of Dr Who forever on a jumpy Twitch stream in 640x480..

640x480 is very generous

Star Trek or Babylon 5?

B5

Read and comprehend people! it's One v One.
But it's not that simple... :(

B5:TOS (5 seasons)
B5:CRU (1 season-unfinished)
(+6 Feature films)

vs.

ST:TOS (3 seasons)
ST:TAS (1 season)
ST:TNG (7 seasons)
ST:DS9 (7 seasons)
ST:VOY (7 seasons)
ST:ENT (4 seasons)
ST:DIS (1(2) seasons-ongoing)
(+13 Feature films)

Star Trek or Babylon 5?

Sorry to rain on the parade - but neither

The morality play that was Star Trek was ‘nice’ and offered hope but there was a push to offer hope but it was, for me, a cowboy story.

Babylon 5 left me disinterested.

This may come up in time but I liked Blakes 7.

I like SciFi and read a lot of it.

Rewatching B5 at the moment - currently just started Season 3. Definitely enjoying it, but it is cheesy 80s in many ways and places.

Firefly probably would win it for me

I would much rather that, than watch boring stuff in high definition. (y) ;)

But it's not that simple... :(

B5:TOS (5 seasons)
B5:CRU (1 season-unfinished)
(+6 Feature films)

vs.

ST:TOS (3 seasons)
ST:TAS (1 season)
ST:TNG (7 seasons)
ST:DS9 (7 seasons)
ST:VOY (7 seasons)
ST:ENT (4 seasons)
ST:DIS (1(2) seasons-ongoing)
(+13 Feature films)

It can be... The FB version does actually split all the programs into their various seasons, so technically you could end up with ST Voyager going up against DS9. I didn't want to get that far into it on a Saturday night.
This is the list they started out with.

scifileague.jpg

Lot's of different series are fun to watch so no best. :ty: :pint:

B5 out of those to for sure, i have rewatched it through completely few times over the years and i still find new bits popping up i didnt notice.

B5 is the only one I'd like to watch from end to end again. It was far better than the contemporary DS9 and Voyager, let alone Enterprise (I haven't seen Discovery). TNG had some excellent individual episodes. TOS, clunky though it sometimes seems today, was a classic with a far bigger cultural impact than the rest put together,

None of those two, the best I loved to watch was the original Lost in Space series.
Missus has been watching the new lost in space, absolute poop it is. I loved the original, I liked Dr Smith but liked Penny and Judy a lot more.
Marta Kristen ( Judy ) is 73, wow how time flies.

I bought the full set of B5 DVDs a few years back and watched them through from beginning to end almost non stop. There were some great and some poor story lines in it but over all it held up far better than most sci fi series I've seen. It did go on a bit too long and I think I remember JMS saying he shouldn't have bowed to pressure to keep it going.

I enjoyed most of the Star Trek series except Voyager, it annoyed me that they spent years travelling back towards human space but kept running into the same bad guys time after time. TOS because Kirk, TNG once it got going and DS9 for it's good spread of characters, I suppose the benefit of setting it on a space station was a bigger set of casting options.

It can be...
I guess they're limited by the 2^x requirement, but the subdivision seems entirely arbitrary. No ST:TAS, ST:DIS, or B5:CRU, no Bionic Woman, B7, Logan's Run, neither Tomorrow People, but most egregious of all; Dr Who. Not only did they not split by Doctor, they didn't even split old and new Who (and not forgetting Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, K9 & Co, and Class); it's the biggest SciFi series ever...

Farscape. It's fun. It's weird (as any scifi should be. You've got an infinite galaxy of possibilities to play with. Not just humans with funny foreheads). It plays with the fact that being in that situation would seriously screw you up.

Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy.
But which one?
The original radio plays?
The books?
The vinyl/tape/CD version?
The TV series?
The film?
The adventure game?
All similar, all different. :p

Radio plays, books and TV series; take your pick!

Back