Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

Just finished The Expanse. Enjoyed it but (to me anyway it seemed) it finished without answering the questions/completing the plot. Hate series like that.
Thanks for the heads up on this one, enjoying it so far.

Can't remember whether I mentioned it before but River, that I think was on ITV, is rather good.

On the strength of this thread I've begun watching Preacher. Only 3 episodes in and I'm pretty hooked.

Nor me, genuinely surprised at that one. Quite enjoying it now after the initial overblown American patriotism [emoji1]
There seems to be a pattern with a lot of new tv series.. the first episode is a bit of a meh! infodump, and it's episode 3 before you can judge if it's got merit.

@DorsetDude - the good news is that S2 of The Expanse should be on Netflix UK in either April or March.

Designated Survivor is fun if you don't think too hardly about some of the absurdity. Iron Fist is seriously underwhelming; Jessica Jones remains the best Netflix/Marvel series.

The first season of Hannibal is available - I was quite a way through it before I found out it wasn't a output of one of the premium cable channels but from NBC.
Spartacus - it gets rather overshadowed by all the blood and sex, the never ending sex, but it does develop in to a genuinely good drama.
For something British, I enjoyed the Anglo-french Spotless. Hopefully the second season will appear at some point.

I could carry on for a while but most importantly, it's only three weeks til the third season of Better Call Saul.

Last edited:
The Most Hated Woman in America has just appeared on Netflix, looks like it might be worth a watch.

Any Foo Fighters fans? Sonic Highways is now on Netflix.

They have more Suits on Netflix and all of Yes Prime Minister as well.

Am I out of sync with Designated Survivor?

I was sure new episodes were released on Friday, but episode 15 is already up?

.. can't help thinking the new VP (episode 14) might be a mistake..

Anybody watched Frontier yet? Got 4 stars or more rating, might give it a go.

Am I out of sync with Designated Survivor?

I was sure new episodes were released on Friday, but episode 15 is already up?

.. can't help thinking the new VP (episode 14) might be a mistake..

I thought it was Thursdays. Not watched episode 14 yet so shush! :p

New On Netflix UK this week I think, the pilot episode of Colony suggests it may be an interesting series.

New On Netflix UK this week I think, the pilot episode of Colony suggests it may be an interesting series.

Just as I read this, the Netflix alert came up on my phone. Duly added to my list. (y)

MST3K is back!

Segue's aren't my cuppa but the movies are very very chucklesome.

Not Netflix, but enjoying Department Q on BBC4. The first two films should be on iPlayer.

When you’re looking at movie’s splash page, for example, the corresponding rating you see isn’t a running average of how all Netflix users ranked the film. Rather, the ranking represents what users who have similar entertainment tastes as you thought of the movie. As a result, it’s entirely possible for the same movie to display two different ratings for two different accounts.

So while Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed only has a two-star rating for me (phew), it’s entirely possible that it has a 4-star rating for someone else.

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/netflix-ratings-what-they-mean-how-they-work/

Just going through the May 1st release list, Harry Benson: Shoot First is added to the growing list of photography documentaries.

Star ratings come from users. I rate stuff when it's particularly good.

Better Call Saul is very good so far, starting to merge with the Breaking Bad world now.

Just started Line of Duty on Netflix (soooo late to the party! :D). Only seasons 1 & 2 on there. Wondering if season 3 will appear soon give that season 4 just finished.

House of Cards Season 5 coming at the end of this month. Really looking forward to that.
HoC was the reason I signed up to Netflix....

Finally finished Designated Survivor, just in time for season 2 next month. :D

Anyone been watching Ozark?

Netflix
Fargo S1 gripping
Fargo S2 "Okay then"
Fargo S3 "ya. Clicks and buzzes"

Last edited:
Back