Big Cat Day 23/08 - Cheetah

Cheetah, 1D Mk3 and 100-400L
Cheetah%7E0.jpg

That 1st cheetah shot is my fave of your big cat photos from today's meet (wish i were there!) It looks like it was taken in the wild, and i don't know why, but i really love it!

Great shots Ian, look very natural backgrounds.

I absoloutely love that first one Ian, except for the stray bit of grass across its face, I think it may well be a worthy candidate for a spot of delicate cloning ;) The second image ain't half bad either (y)

Now folks, let's not let Ian steal the show ... let's have some more!

ian...... You do know that no one else will post images in here don't you :eek:

Love the first, he could quite easily be basking on the savanah there :)

I find the second image dark over all tbh though, not just the eyes.

Thanks Everybody :)

DF hmmm now you mention it is a bit dark all over, thats what i get for editing when im knackered lol

Tweaked it a bit :) and replaced original image.

Come on People somebody else must have some pics to put up ?

not pale at all Carole, a little dark maybe ? nice shot though :)

Now I have both LR 2 and CS3 as new toys, I need to learn to process all over again. It doesn't help with the sun going in and out like a yo-yo....my screen calibrator is going banana's trying to keep up!!

I'll have another go later, once the sun has gone to bed.

struggled with this one!

IMG_6522.jpg

Some very nice photos guys.

840mm is madness :LOL:

One from me from the day before, uncropped, crappy background

DSC_0016.jpg

I had slightly better success with the Cheetah than any of the other cats for some reason.

cheet.jpg

PPP and DF, very nice! this animal meows like a, errrrr, pussy...a small domestic one!

i like that one DF, i have a topgear version for you

topgearcheetah.jpg

given a slight vignette and upped the contrast, dunno why, but i just like it like that....

Looks like a shot from a TV Programme - love this shot DF. Matty, your change seems to have emphasised the cat and hidden the fence well!

Maybe a little dodge on the right eye (as you look at it) to bring it out??

thats what i was hoping to do. the original edit was called Top Gear, lol

Some fab images posted by everyone! (y)

Have to say the biggest surprises are the gorgeous images posted by Matty & DF ... really didnt know either of you were capable of shots like those! :exit:

Seriously, well done chaps :clap:

Some fab images posted by everyone! (y)

Have to say the biggest surprises are the gorgeous images posted by Matty & DF ... really didnt know either of you were capable of shots like those! :exit:

Seriously, well done chaps :clap:

nor did me or DF

do you think anyone noticed us buying the image files off Andy the keeper matt?

;)

nope, we got away with that.

Im still waiting for snowball to post that shot of you he got round the snow leopard though...

me too................ I haven't swung the ban hammer for soooooooo long :D

Hmmm, guess I'd better not post and of the pics that I have of you either then DF ;) :p

depends how bored you want to be ;)

Any admin shots are to be vetted please....especially if the crack of my ass is at risk !!! ;)

Back