Big Cat Day 23/08 - Leopards (Snow and Amur)

1d Mk3 and 100-400L

Snow_Leopard.jpg

Amur_Leopard.jpg

looking through the shots i have of the day, the snowleapord looks almost monochrome!

still chuckling at the look on your brothers face as the Amur came close :D

Gorgeous cats (y)

2791369255_277d61d903.jpg

At the end of the day the sun had moved and there was also a fair amount of shadow from the tree's above, so they didn't look quite as white as they had done previously.

Great pose and portrait Carole (y)
I can't quite make up my mind whether its too dark or works as it is though :thinking:

Ian those are just stunning!!!! :clap:
I think I may have to go back for another chance at capturing the Snow Leopard , such a beautiful creature.

Carole, think you were the only one who managed to capture the jump werent you, so congrats on that.
I do love the last pic you posted though, it really pops from the dark bg and I bet would look awesome large!

My offering ... think Kev got this shot too!

2792279101_1bfa5db98c_o.jpg

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

not as easy to get to these ones, slightly blown highlights on the white one.

My offering ... think Kev got this shot too!

2792279101_1bfa5db98c_o.jpg

That is just superb 'Glo- what a pose, and brilliantly captured!! :love: I do hope you're printing it large and getting it framed? :bat:(y)

The Snow Leopards weren't really playing ball so I couldn't get the eye contact shot that I wanted but I'm reasonably happy with these ones :)

Snow%20Leopard%20I%20lo%20res.jpg

Snow%20Leopard%20II%20lo%20res.jpg

Snow%20Leopard%20III%20lo%20res.jpg

:)

This one has had a little tweak on the curves, due to the shadows and the tree's over head giving it a little too much shade, I found it hard to get the colouring the way it should of been without over-exposing it.

2792505451_2c2dc95cfa.jpg

That Amur climbing up the cage is a great capture Carole :) I love the Amur portrait shot too. It looks like he's considering something in the distance. Great catchlight in his eye :)

All looking very good, well done Carole for capturing the jump :clap:

Here are a few from me

Snow_Leopard1.jpg

Leopard21.jpg

Leopard11.jpg

C&C welcome :)

ok so I went the day before but to save more threads here is one of mine

DSC_0196.jpg

amurlep.jpg

snowlep.jpg

The snow's were very difficult to capture I thought because of the light changing from bright sunlight to shade in the blink of an eye.

The snow's were very difficult to capture I thought because of the light changing from bright sunlight to shade in the blink of an eye.

Plus the fact the so-and-so's wouldn't pose for us :shake: They're my favorite cats by a mile :love:

Bev......Love the Amur shots (y)

Must admit to being a little nervous around them...:eek: a few times when i was composing the shot on one, I found the other getting a little too close for comfort.
Gorgeous cats though :)

good stuff from everyone again, i think i have a couple more to sort out that im happy with, tricky to get a good pose from the buggers though!

looking at Grendals, you must have been right next to me when you took your shot of the snowy doing this:

IMG_6023.jpg

looking at Grendals, you must have been right next to me when you took your shot of the snowy doing this:

lol that's almost the identical shot Mat :LOL:

Looking at the two together, I prefer your processing, you seem to have got the fur colour spot on whereas mine looks a little too warm.

Looks like you all had a great day. Some really great shots :clap: well done everyone.

Here are two of mine...

2802712397_bca0e559a8_o.jpg

2803558850_f1b47f3ae0_o.jpg

They are so cute, but could quite easily rip my head off... I would love to look after them though!

excellent cat in air shot. i got a couple of it jumping but they are not that good

Back