Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Before you all get totaly bored with me here's a couple or so big'uns
Not by way of an excuse but the light was a total nightmare. I was shooting a couple of stops "under" mostly to try and keep the "whites" where they should be

This is the hooligan that kept launching himself at the wire trying to scare me :D and yep he really does have blue eyes

Wtig.jpg

And his Mrs

Tig.jpg

And a couple of young Cheetah's ( this years I think)

c_cub1.jpg

C_cub.jpg

Thanks Dawn your comments are appreciated (y)

thems ok mate..... hope this comment is appreciated

md:D

funny the things you notice :naughty:

nice set Chris. I've not seen the big white guy up and about before so well captured. Grass types aside, the cheetah could have been taken on the Masai Mara! I think they were last years cubs. They certainly had youngsters last year and these guys appear to have lost the manes that cheetah have for the first year or so of their lives.

Think the last one is the pick of the bunch for me. It's often hard to get the cheetah's eyes well lit and you've done a good job of it...

Last edited:
Oh dear LORD. That first photo is fantastic fella, literally left me with my jaw touching the surface. Beautifully captured, perfectly sharp and those eyes are just bursting with contrast.

Awesome work. (y)

Thanks for your comments Paul they're much appreciated (y)
and thanks for the explanation about the "cubs"
The white guy was right up against the fence most of the time and hardly moved except to attack it :D

Oh dear LORD. That first photo is fantastic fella, literally left me with my jaw touching the surface. Beautifully captured, perfectly sharp and those eyes are just bursting with contrast.

Awesome work. (y)

Wow! thanks very much (y)

Cracking set of pics Cobra (y)
Those blue eyes really grab your attention.

That white tiger is amazing and those eyes.... well captured too (y) My pic of a great set.

Cracking pics indeed.

I love cats anyway but don`t these big boys (and girls :D ) just rule!

Awesome pics and cats. (y)

Cracking pics indeed.

I love cats anyway but don`t these big boys (and girls :D ) just rule!

Awesome pics and cats. (y)
Thanks!

Wowzers
Lovely cats Chris, love the first one, what a beauty(y)
Cheers Robin (y)

Lovely cats, especially the second one, she looks as if she is coming to see you - or something! Is the white one castrated or are they perpetuating them do you know?

Not sure Christine but I think that he is "entire" as they were "introduced" as "Mr & Mrs" :D
I am sure the tiger was attracted to my overwhelming personality ........
or maybe it was the peice of meat that was being held directly over my head, who knows :shrug: :D

Thanks Glo (y)

They are gorgeous! :love:

Where please? :shrug: :D

:(
Lovely set Chris ... :clap:

Where were these taken?

just what i was going to say :)

They are gorgeous! :love:

Where please? :shrug: :D

Thanks for your comments guys they are appriciated (y)
all my recent posted images ( corsac's birds wolves) were taken at Hamerton zoo near Peterborough.

Though its really crap, 'tog wise all double fenced and not a cats chance in hell unless you go on a "safari day"
then you get to "go behind the scenes" only single fence and get to stick your lenses right up against the wire
The keeper throws meat to bring them in (y)
Its not a cheap day out though :(
Oh and there are no BOP's there either that was laid on "specially"

A comment from my mother:-

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thaatssss gorrgeouuuuuuuuusssssss!

Just thought i'd pass that one on (y)

Top stuff there, really impressed with #1, those eyes suck you in....

Good work mate (y)

Steve

A comment from my mother:-

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thaatssss gorrgeouuuuuuuuusssssss!

Just thought i'd pass that one on (y)

Thank you very much, Little Mans Mother (y)

Top stuff there, really impressed with #1, those eyes suck you in....

Good work mate (y)

Steve
Thank you Steve, thats much appriciated (y)

Just one word for the first one "STUNNING" rest are good too, (y)

I've added you on msn fella, if you go on there? Was after a quick word if possible.

Gorgeous eyes on the first, loving the sharpness and composition of the second. Puts my recent Zoo shots to shame. Hah! Keep it up!

Gorgeous eyes on the first, loving the sharpness and composition of the second. Puts my recent Zoo shots to shame. Hah! Keep it up!

Thanks for looking and commenting (y)
(BTW You should have seen how many got "binned" :)

thanks for your comments guys they are appriciated (y)
all my recent posted images ( corsac's birds wolves) were taken at Hamerton zoo near Peterborough.

Though its really crap, 'tog wise all double fenced and not a cats chance in hell unless you go on a "safari day"
then you get to "go behind the scenes" only single fence and get to stick your lenses right up against the wire
The keeper throws meat to bring them in (y)
Its not a cheap day out though :(
Oh and there are no BOP's there either that was laid on "specially"

Have been to Hamerton before, the only enclosure i was happy with was the Cheetahs really, was big and looked like African grasses too, made for great shots :)

One of mine from a couple years ago :)
http://www.cookster.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/cheetah.jpg

They didnt have a white tiger when i was there either, is that a new one ?

Have been to Hamerton before, the only enclosure i was happy with was the Cheetahs really, was big and looked like African grasses too, made for great shots :)

One of mine from a couple years ago :)
http://www.cookster.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/cheetah.jpg

They didnt have a white tiger when i was there either, is that a new one ?

Cool shot Ian (y) the grass does add a little something doesn't it
and if "you" are careful fences can be avoided (y)
I'm not sure how long the white one has been there I think ( am sure) that the only two they have are the two in my thread through

lol im just trying to think now if they did have a white Tiger there now, have a feeling it was there but sitting in the most awkward position showing its arse to everybody lol

ill be there soon, bought one of my friends a cheetah experience as she is totally obsessed with cheetahs :) and you get to actually go into the enclosure with one and get face to face with it :)

Back