bigger wheels for peli - sack truck maybe

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I need soemhting to move my peli case around.. its a 1650 and when full (couple of bodies, 400mm lens plus other lens.. flash battery pack etc) its quite heavy.. the wheels on a peli are small and hard.. not good for anything other than a smooth surface...

has anyone used anyhting else to port the peli case.. apart from yer back :)

Mark.. bit big for pitchside... Gary.. looks good.. fold away nicely..

hhhm thats not a bad idea either..fixing to peli.. hhhm

whats holding you back wiht that one gary? looks ideal.. tempted here

Here's some ideas:

pb2750dkor.gif
credit

pb2780orx.gif
Credit

In two minds, also looking into extending the existing Peli axle and fitting bigger wheels

hhm wondering how that would work sitting on the case as they would protrude ..not be flat surely?

You could fix two arms that can swing down on the other end to level it when stationary?

You could fix two arms that can swing down on the other end to level it when stationary?

sack truck i think :)

Are you a member of Costco?

No idea what that is?

GARY!!! Just ordered the sack truck you linked to.. looks like the business... we will see.. worth a punt at 20 quid delivered..

It's wholesale and they've got a cool 4 wheel off-road trailer which is pulled by hand and would probably be ideal, but doesn't matter now.

It's wholesale and they've got a cool 4 wheel off-road trailer which is pulled by hand and would probably be ideal, but doesn't matter now.

would be too big mate.. its got to go pitchside at football and rugby grounds.. think they might pull there faces at a 4 wheel truck... cheers for the thought though :)

hhm wondering how that would work sitting on the case as they would protrude ..not be flat surely?

Just had a look and not practicle as the existing axle is only 2 inch long and quite thin, i thought there might be one full width axle.

Theres a couple of hex bolts underneath here you could easily bolt a new axle and wheels on (goes to steal the neighbours wheelie bin) :LOL:

would be too big mate.. its got to go pitchside at football and rugby grounds.. think they might pull there faces at a 4 wheel truck... cheers for the thought though :)

lol, it's not all that big, no bigger than a wheelbarrow. I can't find anything similar online but people use them to carry beer etc at festivals.

Last edited:
be interested to see what its like over grass and dirt..

only thing that annoys me about my peli is the low ground clearance.

its the cobbled stones and rough areas i go over.. the shaking of the case.. vibrations... need a smoother ride :)

Here's something similar:
GFA550.jpg

But this may be better?:
gardeners-4-wheel-trolley-work-trolley-cart-trailer-1074-p.jpg

This may be doable also with some adjustments:
stow-a-cart.jpg
and it folds up nicely.

Last edited:
couldnt have any of those pitchside for sure..

I'm confused because the red one would not be much different to attaching big wheels to the case?

I'm confused because the red one would not be much different to attaching big wheels to the case?

only 2 wheels would be attached and not that big

the sack truck can be folded up flat and placed behind you so it unobstructive... the problem needs a solution that takes up the least amount of room as a lot of venues only offer small spaces..

I have one very similar to what you have bought Tony and it should be fine. Admittedly for going off roading pneumatic tyres would be ideal, but as you are finding, they tend to only come on barrows and trolleys made for carrying higher loads, so you end up losing the compactness you want.

In reality, the trolley I have, similar you yours, has stood up plenty well to carrying four crates of beer across very bumpy fields at festivals. I can't see moving a peli case around the unpaved areas of a football pitch being any more of a challenge.

Im looking into something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60KG-HEAVY-DUTY-FOLDING-HAND-SACK-TRUCK-TROLLEY-CART-FOLDABLE-BOOT-CAR-TRUCK-NEW-/160721193357?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item256bbac98d Maggie uses something similar and seems to do the trick, im alkso looking into fixing an axle and wheels direct to the Peli

So..Ordered and arrived yesterday... you can never tell until you see it for yourself... and i gotta say.. not dissapointed..its very light.. slightly smaller than the peli so nothing sticking out... wheels are 5 inch in diameter... so gonna be better over rough ground for sure... all folds down flat and small enough not to get in anyones way..

proof is in the real testing ..full case on a job.... but so far ...happy :) Cheers Gary!

Im looking into something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60KG-HEAVY-DUTY-FOLDING-HAND-SACK-TRUCK-TROLLEY-CART-FOLDABLE-BOOT-CAR-TRUCK-NEW-/160721193357?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item256bbac98d Maggie uses something similar and seems to do the trick, im alkso looking into fixing an axle and wheels direct to the Peli

Just to revisit and let people know... best thing I ahve bought in ages... couple of other phtogrpahers commented when I ahve been out and about..and I know at least two have bought one each.. great stuff!

OK so.. a yr later and mines starting to go wonky. used a lot over allsorts of ground...but now hgetting gard work..99% been happy with it... always had the odd problem and now I know why...

so I bought another.. went for a black one.. this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUT..._Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item2321320193

My peli case with everyhting in is 26kg and on first go the stupid thing wobbled like mad.. absoloutly useless..

so i called customer support.. got a human answer within a few rings.. he knew the item straight off and said... folding sac trucks arnt designed to be pulled.. only pushed..

well call me mister thicko.. am I the only one not to know this?

so now I need one that can be pulled and folds away :(

Ah I'll join the ticko club then :bang:

Nope not really that big at all. Store in Bolton to try them out.

Which Peli case have you got?

Tony this is mine with a 1620 on.

p1713276369-3.jpg

p1737033540-3.jpg

p1657656174-3.jpg

p1678335527-3.jpg

Stick a few of the elastic things with hooks around.

It's light as well. I do think something lower to the ground would be better, but photos for info anyway.

I had trouble with mine Tony so dont use it anymore, i went for the next cheapest option, i bought a Thai Bride and make her carry it, she also supplies the half time entertainment, sucky sucky ten bucky mister GI Joe !!!!!

Back