bigger wheels for peli - sack truck maybe

Tony pray speak - why do you keep a bottle top in your case?

Yes I did notice that the way the wheels are placed allows it to sit flat. That's the reason the wheels are so small. Well that and the fact that to fit bigger wheels would probably encroach on the internal space.

It's fairly easily overcome though and could look pretty factory fit without too much trouble.

everyone i know with a peli has the same problem.. wheels are usless.. doing sports and parking way away from the ground.. theres no smooth path to any and vibrations cant be doing calibration any good.. so needs to be not rock hard wheels... not too big either... if they come off (detachable) thats OK .. but 99% of people using them same as me will sit on them..

Tony pray speak - why do you keep a bottle top in your case?

if you buy a drink in a sports stadium they have to remove the top and give you the open drink.. I have three tops diff sizes and never had a missfit :)

if you buy a drink in a sports stadium they have to remove the top and give you the open drink.. I have three tops diff sizes and never had a missfit :)

Brill :D

Luckily for me at Charlton & Millwall they give you free drinks beforehand but I still like the idea.

Now I remember about 28 years ago being responsible for getting beer served in cans banned at Newlands Cricket Ground in Cape Town ;)

Been having a look at some of these cases online. On the 1560 it appears as though the wheels are removable separately. Is this the same on all of them. Can someone put a pic of the underside of their case so I can have a look.

Unfortunately no one stocks these cases near me.

Cheers.

Excuse the photo quality just grabbed them with my mobile.

Bottom of 1620 - wheels and handle integrated in to the base unit that screws on.

p1613837821-4.jpg

1620 - Wheels are NOT removable separately.

p1853061200-4.jpg

1560 - wheels look to be removable separately

p1775154925-4.jpg

1560 - You can see the separate wheels units and the handle unit.

p1725608614-5.jpg

I use 1560
one 400 2.8 lens.. quite big... 70-200, two 1d bodies.. monopod. 17-40 and 35m .. 1.4 tc rain covers for both big lens.. lots of extras in lid...

Tony - any chance you can take a photo and post it with the case fully loaded.

Obviously you do it but it just doesn't look big enough for all that gear.

Rob my 1610 currently holds

Nikon 400mm f/2.8 with hood in position
2 x Nikon D3S
1 x Nikon D800
1 v Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
1 x Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR
1 x Tamron 24-135mm
1 x Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
2 x Nikon TC-14E II converters
1 x Nikon TC-17E II converter
1 x Nikon SB-400 flash
4 x Nikon EN-EL4 spare batteries
2 x Nikon EN-EL15 spare batteries
1 x Dell Precision M4400 Laptop
1 x Samsung Series 9 Laptop
2 x Laptop spare batteries
1 x Monopod
1 x folding stool or 3 legged seat
Black Rapid double strap
Think Tank Hydrophobia 300-600mm lens cover
Waterproof pants
Mouse
Mousemat
Dongle
Mi-Fi unit
loads of spare AA batteries and flash cards
1 x Torch
1 x Roll of Duct Tape
1 x Partridge in a pear tree

And last Sunday a Tecso £3 meal deal

With 400mm lens hood reversed i can fit another 70-200mm or another full size body

Last edited:
Holy **** batman.

No bottle tops?

Photos I want :D

Tony - any chance you can take a photo and post it with the case fully loaded.

Obviously you do it but it just doesn't look big enough for all that gear.

oops posted it in the other thread....with explanations

peli 1560
peli.jpg

Because I like ya Rob and you're one of the boys :D, here's a link to the photos that Gary posted a while back that made me choose the 1610. They are post #20 onwards

Peli photos

Ah yes I should have remembered that thread.

Looks like Peli have listened and are doing a whole range with big wheels called the Mobility range, right up to the 1620 and beyond.

Anyone got a used one theyre selling LOL

mobility range... thats gonna put people off for a start.. my dad just got his first mobility scooter.. hes 83... he used his mobility payments :)

What I don't understand is if they do any research then they must realise that these hard wheels are vibration prone and that they are not just going to be used on smooth surfaces. Looking at these mobility cases they have obviously designed the larger wheels to fit a normal case which is why they are protruding from the sides.

They make a big play on how good their cases are but contribute to the problem of protecting equipment by fitting wheels that are not fit for purpose.

Im just trying to get rid os a few bags on here and then Im going to get a 1560 probably and see what i can do.

well my 1560 has two knackered wheels and its gonna ost me over 40 qid to replace them.... http://www.pelishop.com/144624.html

still have a sac truck problem as the one i use now is nearly dead.. handle doesnt come down proper and the wheels have to be folded in and out manually..

This looks good i think @fracster mentioned
http://www.fishingwarehouseshop.co....d/3125?xxsid=63c0463973bb2e0929c7aa1d553f33f9

But I cant see one dissasembled or how simple a task thta is.. cant have it like that at a match

sac trucks of little use as only for pushing havy items not pulling..

So.. revisit.. has anyone come up wiht anyhting better a year on ?

Well before buying new wheel blocks for 40 odd quid.. I am going to try this

http://www.davidanthonyfearn.com/blog/2013/2/peli-case-1510-wheel-mod

the 1510 and 1560 are the same fittings so hopefully will work the same.. only a tenner for the wheels so we will see... this wont be the answer for rough terrain but for anyhting else a quiet smoother roll will be a bonus as well as a cheaper replacement :) Lets face it you can hear a peli case coming for miles :)

Tony have a chat with Peli first as their cases have a lifetime warranty, so they may even send you some wheels FOC.

Tony have a chat with Peli first as their cases have a lifetime warranty, so they may even send you some wheels FOC.

see other reply :)

Last edited:

Ignore my last reaply..your on the right lines... see furthur :)

also try a cheaper supplier such as rightcase.co.uk for the spares. they may not have them listed online but give them a call theyre very helpful.

I emailed a suppier I have dealt with before asking if they had replacement wheels and a price.. I got a one liner rerply saying.. If you can send me your address I will get warranty to send some out for
you .

interesting that the 1560M has larger wheels. maybe they can be sourced and retrofitted to the 1560..

http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/product/peli-1560m-case-mobility-version/

There still the rock hard ones thouhg.. so still same problem for me :(

Yes I got a couple of small ones from eBay and they didn't have the waterproof seal thing and they send some out to me the next day.

Hahaha Dean - that would be hilarious trying to get that up the stairs at places like Millwall and at Bramall lane.

Brilliant.. now have inline skate wheels fitted on my 1560 and they are great.. its a quieter smoother role.. perfect fit.... well chuffed...

What do you think of the chances that I can do the same with my Peli 1610?

I just know when sourcing somehting for the 1560 it turned out everyhting same for 1510 ... i would have thought actual wheel where same throughout.. peli are sending me replacement wheels and didnt even ask what model I have.. so yeagh.. I would guess this would work on any... BUT thats a guess :)

apparently Tom Hevezi will do a mod for you, swapping the wheel housing and wheels, for about £30. Several people said great things about what he does in PTO facebook group

Back