bigger wheels for peli - sack truck maybe

I had trouble with mine Tony so dont use it anymore, i went for the next cheapest option, i bought a Thai Bride and make her carry it, she also supplies the half time entertainment, sucky sucky ten bucky mister GI Joe !!!!!

haha.. perfect!

I don't use those wheels with the Peli case. I use them for the flight case with my dye sub in.

What "exactly" are you after Tony?

Sure we could make something up for you.

What "exactly" are you after Tony?

Sure we could make something up for you.

there should be somehting available surely.. has to be foldaway so i can put it pitchside.. have NOT hard wheels so it doesnt shake the contents of the peli... 30kg max load..... and pullable.. wheels not too big.. whole thing not too heavy.

current foldaway ones are good.. if the wheels would lock in place

excellent idea and the person who perfects it would make a killing.. peli wheels are next to useless..i know plenty who would like that idea.. not something i could perfect though
Hmmmmmm................:thinking:....can`t be too difficult.

Different idea, make the wheels a permanant fixture to the axle and make the whole axle removeable from the peli, would that work better Tony?

turn on your pm function Tony,just for a while mate.

Fracster you can email Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so.. a yr later and mines starting to go wonky. used a lot over allsorts of ground...but now hgetting gard work..99% been happy with it... always had the odd problem and now I know why...

so I bought another.. went for a black one.. this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUT..._Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item2321320193

My peli case with everyhting in is 26kg and on first go the stupid thing wobbled like mad.. absoloutly useless..

so i called customer support.. got a human answer within a few rings.. he knew the item straight off and said... folding sac trucks arnt designed to be pulled.. only pushed..

well call me mister thicko.. am I the only one not to know this?

so now I need one that can be pulled and folds away :(

My Peli Hardstorm iM2750 case alone weighs 8.4kgs empty. If yours is similar, your kit is around 18kgs.
In my latest RPT technical rucksack (model P3), my 10"x8" rig loaded in the sack is 20kgs and is hike-able.

I recommend you check-out the site http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.php

My Peli Hardstorm iM2750 case alone weighs 8.4kgs empty. If yours is similar, your kit is around 18kgs.
In my latest RPT technical rucksack (model P3), my 10"x8" rig loaded in the sack is 20kgs and is hike-able.

I recommend you check-out the site http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.php
My kit in the Peli 1610 totals 35.4kg so approx 28kg for the gear alone which includes 2xD3S, 1xD800, Nikon 400mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 16-35mm f/4, 28-75mm f/2.8 a Dell M4400 with spare batteries, flash, 4 x enel4a batteries plus loads of accessories, torch, batteries, mouse, card readers, spare flash cards, monopod, seat etc, etc i for one cant carry that lot in a backpack, there isnt one big enough anyway, or can a backpack offer anything like the protection the Peli can, nor can it double up as an extra seat offering different heights if advertising boards are too high and for me personally the best thing about a Peli is it takes the weight off my already bad back, granted it has its limitations but nothing is perfect.

I see a new thread coming along..

Hoe much does your sack error bag/case weigh....

Thanks for the pm guys, i`ll email Tony direct.

I asked for the email to be removed Rob, Tony wouldn't thank you for all the spam mail. (y)

Ah yes it would have been better to send a PM. :bonk: Soort Tony but Yv has removed it.

Thanks Gary.

I know that peli cases are renowned for their strength and build quality so it should be relatively easy to knock up an external axle and wheels to suit.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has one of these or I would have a go at it. Anyone live close to me that's got one I could have a gander at. I have an idea but without seeing one I cant say if it would work. I need a new project for the autumn as I'm just about to finish my latest one.

From looking at pics of these cases it looks as if the wheels and handle are a seperate unit that bolts onto the case. Is that correct?

Gaz

Last edited:
Yep they bolt on the bottom.

Are you an engineer?

WOW that looked pretty cool.

Maybe I should post you my Peli 1560.

Last edited:
Served my time as an engineering machinist. Last project before the one I'm finishing now was this.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=442556

If you go to post 40 it'll save you trawling through the thread.

Gaz

And it looks the business too Gaz !!

I'd be interested in someting along the same lines as Tony (Kipax) as Im sure a few other would be too.

Somethng that can be folded down to transport the Peli, and then fold up to store it.

To me the answer is to have a plate that bolts to the case using the fastenings that are already there. A full width axle with 5 inch rubber tyres wheels with proper bearings in them. That way you don't end up with an extra it of kit with you to store. And easy to remove as and when.

Gaz has the answers chaps and is vastly more skilled than I am, suggest you work out what you need with him................(y)

Looks to me like the handle is part of the wheel base that screws on.

p1694120599-5.jpg

It looks as though I going to have to buy one of these and have a go. Oh well could do with a hard case I suppose.

Ok thanks. Can anyone give me an idea which one I'd need to hold a 500 f4, 300 f4, 70-200 and two bodies?

You'll need some land rover tyres on it if you want to drag it up Corris :)

Ok thanks. Can anyone give me an idea which one I'd need to hold a 500 f4, 300 f4, 70-200 and two bodies?

I use 1560
one 400 2.8 lens.. quite big... 70-200, two 1d bodies.. monopod. 17-40 and 35m .. 1.4 tc rain covers for both big lens.. lots of extras in lid...

desperate need for better whees..but still be able to lay flat and use as seat.

Tony do you have the lid organiser?

You'll need some land rover tyres on it if you want to drag it up Corris :)

Now that plus the motor off a golf trolley could be a plan Drew. Cad East yesterday. Bit quiet but could have even worse.

Now that plus the motor off a golf trolley could be a plan Drew. Cad East yesterday. Bit quiet but could have even worse.

Hah yeh, remote control as well. Cool, yeh shame I couldn't make it - weather looked good, any pics up on fox?

thats the one... bottom one has my rain covers in ... top right where its showing pens.. they perfectly fit memory cards in individual cases... the two pockets hold a variety of stuff... bottle tops.. elastic band.. cleaning cloths.. more memory cards.. ID cards and dongle.. spare front rear canon caps... ear plugs and some business cards..

go on someone.. ask me why bottle top?

oh and deviders not foam.. i like to rearrange for various reasons..

Last edited:
I use 1560
one 400 2.8 lens.. quite big... 70-200, two 1d bodies.. monopod. 17-40 and 35m .. 1.4 tc rain covers for both big lens.. lots of extras in lid...

desperate need for better whees..but still be able to lay flat and use as seat.

Yes I did notice that the way the wheels are placed allows it to sit flat. That's the reason the wheels are so small. Well that and the fact that to fit bigger wheels would probably encroach on the internal space.

It's fairly easily overcome though and could look pretty factory fit without too much trouble.

Back