Biggin Hill 2009 - Sunday

Edit My Images
Yes
The traffic organisation at the show was terrible. Two hours to get in and an hour to get out!

However the aircraft made up for it, even if the Vulcan did not fly on Sunday. This is the third time I have been to an airshow and the scheduled Vulcan flight got cancelled because of mechanical problems.

Here are the pics.....

Ed

1. Hawker Hunter 'Miss Demeanour'

A1G_6043_800.jpg

2. Wonderful paint job on Hunter 'Miss Demeanour'
A1G_5204_800.jpg

3. Hunter and 'chute
A1G_5269_800.jpg

4. Reds taking off in a group
A1G_5671_800.jpg

A1G_5688_800.jpg

6. Weird seeing the Virgin 747 and the Reds in close formation
A1G_5113_800.jpg

7. Typhoon in full flow
A1G_5363_800.jpg

8. Last display of the event
A1G_5978_800.jpg

Ed

Last edited:
4 5 6 and 7 best for me, like the Hunter the paint job is good but im tired of it now as its a few years old now.
Love the reds taking off great stuff, the last of the spit it really needs that prop blur to work but as you were mainly doing jets thats perfectly understandable.
Thank you for sharing,
I wonder if i would get into a show faster on the motorbike i would get there faster anyway.

Nice set! Much better than mine :LOL:

'Miss Demeanour' didnt fly on the sat, did you hear about the drive they did overnight to get the parts!

I was sad there was no vulcan on the sun but so glad i saw it on the sat! I loved seeing the 747 with the reds! Didnt take us long to get in or out as my mum lives close by but it did look bad! Last year was worse from what i heard!

Last edited:
love the reds and the 747 , that would deffo be going on my wall , looking forward to sunderland , hopefully the weather will be good this year :clap:

Good set of images Ed, ditto on the traffic, though I would get there early, arrived at the gates at 8, the crowd line was almost already full with chairs and beach shelters, didn't leave until 7 that evening. Looks like one of the main exit gates was closed all weekend. Your 1st shot of 'Miss Demeanour' is the business

Peter

Thanks for your comments.

I wonder if i would get into a show faster on the motorbike i would get there faster anyway.
I thought about using my motorbike, but I have too much kit for a bike.

Here are some extra pics.

9. BAC Strikemaster GUVNR
A1G_5957_800.jpg

10. De Havilland Sea Vixen
A1G_6078_800.jpg

11. P40
A1G_5067_800.jpg

12.Hawker Nimrod
A1G_5492_800.jpg

Ed

Last edited:
I really like the P40, nice composition. I think the heart in a Nimrod ?

the Hunter in number 1 makes a great picture, with the pilot looking out.

I really like the P40, nice composition. - jonorob
The P40 has particularly wide and deep cockpit glass, so you can see the interior and the pilot. I want to use this feature more, if I get another chance to shoot a P40 this year.

Top View
A1G_5079_800.jpg

Ed

Some really great pics. Number 8 looks as if it could have been taken 28,000 feet up in the air over the channel in 1940!

Back